Do the claws make the Wolverine?

jtg3885 said:
FACT.

No, because while a living weapon character with issues was probably permissible when they made him, a guy who ran around with some melee weapons or firearms kicking *** wouldn't have flown. If they even let the character come into being (when was the Punisher created relative to Wolverine?), he wouldn't have had the star status that the clawed Wolverine does.
The punisher's first apperance was 8 months earlier in 1974.

And I doubt he'd be as popular. When you don't know who Wolverine is you think he's cool, but then when the claws pop out for the first time he just gets so much cooler. Its something that sticks into people minds.

Baxter said:
The punisher's first apperance was 8 months earlier in 1974.

And I doubt he'd be as popular. When you don't know who Wolverine is you think he's cool, but then when the claws pop out for the first time he just gets so much cooler. Its something that sticks into people minds.
That, and I think in 1974, guy with a deadly mutation was more acceptable (if the idea of a berserk little Canadian who sliced people up CAN be acceptable) than a guy who ran around with all kinds of weapons. Witness where the Punisher is versus where Wolverine is.

Latest posts

Back