Do you consider Geldoff and Tony Stark mutants?

Do you consider Geldoff and Tony Stark mutants?

• Total voters
Guijllons said:
I've voted neither because of the official ruling. The sentinels only attack those with the X-gene, the X-gene then is the official government line for what is or is not a mutant. Neither carry the X-gene, so officially, they are not mutants, just as Normon osborn isn't. Although the incidents that gave them abilities were before their birth, they had already begun to form, meaning that the existing genetic structure was altered, and was not a natural occurrence in either case.

I hadn't voted because I wasn't sure. That just made up my mind.

icemastertron said:
Geldoff is in terms, not a mutant. He wasn't born naturally with his powers. Tony is also not a mutant, as I explained above. That also applies to Geldoff, except the parts about the virus.

Well, Geldoff grew up just like a mutant... His powers manifested when he was of age and all that jazz, I would say he's a mutant. Is 616 Beast not considered a mutant because it was an explosion that mutated his father? Is 616 Sunfire not a mutant because the atomic bomb mutated his mother?

Also, if Tony Stark is a mutant, guys, so is Reed Richards...

if the parents' genetic structure gets altered resulting in the x-gene being passed down to the child, then that means the child is a mutant because they carry the x-gene. The parent is not a mutant, nor is anyone that has been altered otherwise. neither geldoff nor stark carry the x-gene, ergo, by the official ruling, not mutants.

Goodwill said:
Well, Geldoff grew up just like a mutant... His powers manifested when he was of age and all that jazz, I would say he's a mutant. Is 616 Beast not considered a mutant because it was an explosion that mutated his father? Is 616 Sunfire not a mutant because the atomic bomb mutated his mother?

Also, if Tony Stark is a mutant, guys, so is Reed Richards...
What do you not understand that Geldoff is NOT a mutant. He was given the powers when in the womb. He didn't get them naturally. Think of it as a Captain America situation. He was genteically adavanced.

And Tony is not a mutant. And you can't say Reed Richards is too "IF TONY IS ONE". The reason why Tony is so smart now is because of the virus that went into his DNA through his mother. Reed got his genuis naturally. Honestly, GW, if you think this through, you'll see that both Geldoff and Tony are not mutants!

Last edited:
What always chapped my *** in 616 is that people concidered Franklin Richards a mutant. While he's clearly a mutation of the human genome I would classify him as his own species as well, not homo-supirior.

Ayep.

Nurhachi said:
What you talkin bout, Ice is my boi
Yeah, but it would be more fun if he wasn't :lol:

Baxter said:
What always chapped my *** in 616 is that people concidered Franklin Richards a mutant. While he's clearly a mutation of the human genome I would classify him as his own species as well, not homo-supirior.
Yeah, I never understood that either. :?

Bludd_Rush said:
Nope, Geldoff was experimented on whilst still inside the womb. Remember what Xavier said? The mutant gene was injected into the placenta, which is the organ women have to give birth to after giving birth to their child. Like mutants, he was born with his abilities but they didn't manifest until puberty. I don't think either him or Stark are mutants, though...in the Ultimate U mutants have been described as an "act of God". Stark and Geldoff are both cases in which a foreign outside factor has altered them geneticallythrough no fault of their own.

this guy knows what he is talking about, i agree with what you are saying 100%

(yeah, i just now read ult spidey 44 {tampered})

Well, I'm thinking that we need to see more of what was going on with Geldoff in the first place. Latveria has something up its sleeve and I think, if Bendis or whoever was going to write something about it, would explain this... I think I would consider them mutants, though, because, as doctors are finding themselves able to do in real life, extract mental disabilities from an infant... Because they were born with a mental disability and it was artificially taken out, does that still make them "abnormal"?

Cerebro, a machine, could not determine whether or not Geldoff was a mutant. Surely you're not going to trust something technical over something that knows better...

Latest posts

Back