Dollhouse - Whedon/Minear/Dushku Back To TV

It's a bunch of people who have blank copies of humans.

Someone will come in, request a service, and they program the human for that purpose. They deprogram the human once the service has been completed.
Then, the programmably humans rebel.

Last edited:
It's a bunch of people who have blank copies of humans.

Someone will come in, request a service, and they program the human for that purpose. They deprogram the human once the service has been completed.
Then, the programmably humans rebel.

But what if they were PROGRAMMED TO REBEL?!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOH!

Meh. It's thoroughly familiar territory.

I mean, it's clearly produced with enthusiasm; I don't get the feeling that it's being phoned in. There's a palpable sense of passion for the product.

But it's so clearly a mishmash of ideas, and storytelling devices, and visuals from a million other similar titles. Even if you look past the forgettable blockbusters that share common themes, in the last 10 years (The Island; I, Robot; Minority Report; Dark Angel, etc.), it still recalls more superior titles from decades past (Blade Runner; Metropolis).

Now, granted, this will probably be a little more fun than some of those I just mentioned. But even so, it's still lingering in the shadows of its obvious predecessors.

Based on the trailer, I don't feel like I've been given a reason to feel excited about the series.

Last edited:
FOX unveiled a new spot on TV that promotes their Friday science fiction block of Dollhouse and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles as a sort of Grindhouse feature.

[youtube]_y8K7u-7Kx0[/youtube]

It's kinda strange.

FOX unveiled a new spot on TV that promotes their Friday science fiction block of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Dollhouse as a sort of Grindhouse feature.

[youtube]_y8K7u-7Kx0[/youtube]

It's kinda strange.

Post Whore

+1

Last edited:
So this Friday at 9PM

Wanna start taking bets on how long before cancelled?

I'm calling 7 episodes.

Last edited:
Whedon did say that Fox were treating Dollhouse a lot better than Firefly but I don't think that's going to save it. I reckon we'll see 7 episodes and then it will disappear too.

I'm going to give this a shot, even though I'm not all that interested in the premise. I basically missed out on Buffy and Firefly and I don't want to once again be left out of all the Whedon worship.

I'm a huge Whedon fan and. . .I've become very disinterested in this series the more I've heard about it, especially the rather critical early reviews. I'll watch it, but I honestly don't have high hopes.

Also, I'm going with skotti on this. It'll be lucky to last 7 episodes.

I'm going to give this a shot, even though I'm not all that interested in the premise. I basically missed out on Buffy and Firefly and I don't want to once again be left out of all the Whedon worship.
The premise sounds intensely dull, but I loved Firefly so I'll give it a chance.

For the 5-6 episodes before it gets canceled.

The premise sounds intensely dull, but I loved Firefly so I'll give it a chance.

For the 5-6 episodes before it gets canceled.

These days it could be 3 episodes til cancellation. Even less if it performs badly enough.

I think people are forgetting that FOX hasn't been all that difficult with Whedon shows as naysayers like to say. Buffy had a full run and Angel had 5 seasons.

The shows that have been hit the hardest by FOX are those which Tim Minear has been involved in (i.e. Drive, The Inside) who was also a part of Firefly.

It is Minear who has been consistently at their mercy, NOT Whedon, and I guess people are misrememberifying differently because it's Whedon who made the declaration that he would never work with FOX again, despite having a 'better' time with them than Minear.

Latest posts

Back