Dr. Draco Presents

Sorry about taking so long to update. To be honest, I'm not even done with this story, but I decided that instead of making you guys wait even longer, I've split it into two parts. The second part will be out by the end of the month.

Also, out of curiousty, would anyone be willing to make covers for my issues? My art skills are nil, and my skills with PhotoShop are even worse, lol. Anyhow, if anyone is interested, I'd appreciate it :).

Dr. Draco Presents:
(I'm like Bryan Hitch and Bass, but not as cool.)

#3 The Fire Alarm

Friday night is the busiest night here at Wheelston Park 20. Everyone wants to see the new mindless pieces of garbage Hollywood churned out for the week. But what do I care, they throw away their hard earned cash, and it keeps me employed.

We got this really horrible movie in this weekend called Stay Alive. It's some PG-13 horror flick where if you die in the game, you actually die in real life. Talk about crap. But these movies always draw the biggest crowd of 12- to 13-year-old monsters that see this because it's a horror film.

Anyhow, this is actually the movie I'm about to start. As I look into the auditorium from up top, I see a row of kids (up front, of course) yapping as loud as can be. Three of those kids are rolling across the floor. Where's the discipline?

I start the film and the first preview pops up. Those kids haven't shut up yet, so I pick up my walkie and call for Jim. He's the closing manager tonight, so he has the privilege of dealing with this crap. Sucks to be him.

I walk down from the booth and head across to hallway to another booth. As I'm on my way, though, I see this kid standing around and looking suspicious. He reaches up and pulls the **** fire alarm. The alarm blares across the theater, and I chase after the stupid kid.

"Donna," I say over the walkie, "You and Jim will have to stop the films, I'm gaining on the punk kid that pulled the **** alarm. He won't get far."

"Loud and clear, Luther," Donna replies, "Don't injure the kid, though, we sure as hell don't need a lawsuit right now."

"Fine," I finish. The kid isn't far ahead of me. A few more seconds and I'll be able to tackle the brat. Those few seconds pass, and I have no trouble taking him down, "You're in big trouble now, kid! You don't mess around with my theater and get away with it. The cops and fire department should be here any minute. Sucks to be you right now."

"Dawg, shut up," the kid snaps, "I do what I want to do."

"Not anymore."

The cops and the firemen get here pretty fast, so I drag the kid over to 'em, "Here's the little punk that pulled the alarm. Nothing is actually wrong inside. No flames or nothing."

"We'll take care of the kid," one of the cops offers, "Don't usually catch these punks in the act. Good job…," he looks at my nametag, "Luther."

I nod, "No problem. Not a person in Wheelston that can get away from me."

"This kid may have pulled a prank, but we still have to check the theater," one fireman says.

"Yeah sure," I agree, "Place should be evacuated, so have at it."

The fireman walks in passed the crowd outside. All of them whining and asking if their movie will start back up, or can they get their money back, etc. You know, what if there was a real fire in there and the place was burning down? I don't think those ingrates would care. They'd still ask if they'd be able to see the rest of their film. Good god, I hate people.

On my way back into the theater--I take the back entrance, because who in their right mind would want to wade through that sea of retarded customers?--I notice an arm sticking out of our dumpster. Thinking it's just some transient, I take a closer look.

That closer look reveals no transient searching for thrown out movie snacks, but a dead man. He's completely nude, and has deep cuts that form a stick figure across his front. Additionally, his chest is simply removed. Ribs, lungs, heart, all that crap… is just gone.

I nearly throw up at the sight. I've seen dead men, I've even killed men, but never in my years had I seen something that grotesque. Normally, I'd start investigating as Drive-In, but I've still got 4 hours left at work.

Looking to the front, I notice the cops are still here. I reach the nearest one, and point out what I found in the dumpster. That cop has nearly the same reaction I did, and calls for back-up.

I go back inside, and finish my shift. The image of that man never leaves my mind. Drive-In will have to take care of this, because the cops may catch whatever sicko did this, but knowing the judicial system, that bastard will be out of prison too soon.

----------

Finally quitting time. I get out of there as fast as possible, and head into the alley. Time to get ready for my other job. Fully garbed and ready for a fight, I make my way back to the dumpster and look for any clues. The cops had left about an hour before, deciding that they wouldn't find much tonight.

The body is already gone, so I look for any clues. Nothing… Not a blasted thing in this dumpster that will help my search! I search the ground around me and check out the alley. Still nothing… But something catches my eye. I turn my head, and I notice a flash not far from another dumpster.

Running over, I find that the flash came from a bloody knife. To my horror, there's another body in that dumpster. Looks the same as the last one, down to every gruesome cut. Only difference is that this person was once female.

I pick up the knife and examine it. It's a butcher knife. Why would anyone leave such a damning clue unless they wanted to be caught? I clean the knife and slide it through my belt, then examine the body.

Hmm… This girl was probably no older than twenty. What kind of sick freak does something like this?

"AAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIEEEE!!!!!"

The scream fills the night, and I look across the street. Some girl is about to get raped by the looks of it. There's a big guy, probably about 6'5", pinning a young girl against the wall in another alley. His hand his forced against her mouth, keeping her from screaming again. His other hand has a switchblade, which is just about to cut off the poor girl's belt. His belt already undone, ready to go.

I run across the street, drawing one of my hunting knives. "Get away from that girl, punk!"

He starts to run for it, but not fast enough. My knife is sailing through the air a lodges into his hamstring. The guy falls over, screaming in pain. I pull out my film, and quickly wrap it around his neck. "You want to have your way with some innocent girl, you freak?" I lecture this guy, "Well, son, I'm in no mood for punks like you. You've got this coming for you."

I tighten the film as much as I can, and the air is gone from this guy instantly. He dies within a minute. I turn around to see the girl sitting on the ground, with her arms wrapped around her legs. Only then, do I realize that she wasn't just some dame, but she's just a girl. The kind of girl that's barely in high school. I look over to the guy I just killed and spit on his corpse. "You got off to easy, you sick freak."

I walk over to the girl, "Are you okay?"

She sniffles, the tears covering her face, "Yeah… Thanks," she jumps on me, giving me a big hug. I hug her back, just as tight. No one should ever have to go through what she just went through. Especially a girl her age. At least now, she knows there's hope.

"Not a problem, girl," I begin.

"It's Alicia."

"Ok," I return, "Not a problem, Alicia. I do what I can. You got parents coming to pick you up?"

She nods, "Yeah, but they're late again. I told them 10:30," I look to my watch, it's almost midnight, "I tried calling them, but they wouldn't pick up."

I hate parents that think the movie theater is a babysitter. It's not, and never will be, but I heard it before from parents that come in and yell at us for kicking their kids out. They say things like there not being enough supervision outside, and things like that. And heaven forbid you tell them that the theater is a business. The soccer moms really love that one…

"Well, go into the theater. I have a friend that works there named Luther," I tell her, "Just find a manager and tell them that Luther said you could wait inside for your parents. If they don't show up before closing, the police will take you home. Now go on, I'll keep an eye on you until you get inside."

"Ok," she says, wiping the drying tears off her face, "What's your name?"

"Just call me Drive-In, kid."

----------
----------

Coming soon, the final part to this newest tale about Drive-In. Will Alicia's parents come to get her? Will Drive-In find the psycho-killer? Why is the killer putting bodies in dumpsters, and what is the meaning behind the way they were butchered? Is the butcher knife really the killer's weapon, or is it merely a coincidence or decoy?

Find out Late June/Early July when everything is answered and this most epic of tales concludes.

Last edited:
Ok guys, I should definitely have #4 up by the 20th. The stress that the PotC2 opening gave me has lit a fire under my butt, so I can finish it.

Also, before I do #5, I'll be posting a historical timeline of the Universe in which my stories take place. I've dubbed it "Earth-Alt". Anyhow, so expect #4 by the 20th, Earth-Alt history by the end of July, and #5 sometime in August.

Good job Doc. It is cool how you did this all in Wheelston. It is kinda what Frank Miller did with Sin City. Well, here are my remarks:

Issue 1:

This thing has Punisher tie-in all over it. But it is cool how you left reader's in suspence until you wanted them to know something.

Rating:
4/5 Reels of tape

Issue 2:

It is a good, but sad issue. It is a little corny though. "Sir Hydro?" A little early Batman, don't you think?

Rating:
3/5 Tornados

Issue 3:

It was good. A little gory but good. I liked at the end when you put, "will Alica's parents come to pick her up?" Suspencful Doc.

Rating:
3/5 Organs

All in all, it was good. Can't wait till the next issue!

Thanks for the props :). The next issue is still in the works, but I am definitely making more headway with it. Should be up before I go on my cruise next month (hopefully).

Latest posts

Back