Dragonball Evolution

Re: Dragonball Z live action !

Quit it with the ****ing arguments.

Seriously.

You know no one is going to change anyones mind. Don't even bother replying back if all you're going to do is continue ****.

You don't get it , I was saying don't a **** what anyone thinks if you like something

but you clearly don't get that so I'm done explaining stuff to you kid.

Maybe , but that's my point , Don't judge till you see.

You're right. I'm not judging the movie per se, I just dislike the entirety of Dragonball. I don't expect the movie to be any better or improve my opinion of the license, but I'm not completely against the idea of it being a terrible movie. Who knows? I might even see it once its out on DVD. It could be good. And it could probably make a fair amount in the box office and spawn sequels. There's definitly a large enough fan base for it, or at least was back in its hey-day. Nostalgia factor could really help bring the money in, and I'm sure it'll be a visual effects stunner, so it'll be of the summer blockbuster caliber. We'll see what happens.

You're right. I'm not judging the movie per se, I just dislike the entirety of Dragonball. I don't expect the movie to be any better or improve my opinion of the license, but I'm not completely against the idea of it being a terrible movie. Who knows? I might even see it once its out on DVD. It could be good. And it could probably make a fair amount in the box office and spawn sequels. There's definitly a large enough fan base for it, or at least was back in its hey-day. Nostalgia factor could really help bring the money in, and I'm sure it'll be a visual effects stunner, so it'll be of the summer blockbuster caliber. We'll see what happens.
The only way I see it being successful is if they throw out any hopes of plots and characters and just focus entirely on the action (like my "script") cause that's the only thing in this movie I would want to see is the action, in fact that would be a good marketing plan "Screw storytelling, forget plot, character? **** no, just pure unbelievable action" I always wanted a movie to just be nothing but action

I liked Dragon Ball Z. When it was an anime.

As a movie? No. There is no way this can be good. I don't even know how or why they'll do it.

I liked Dragon Ball Z. When it was an anime.

As a movie? No. There is no way this can be good. I don't even know how or why they'll do it.

I'm sure people said the same thing of superman , batman , spider-man and more till they were done.

I have just enough nostalgia for Dragonball/Z from when I was a young'un to not feel BAD about seeing a movie made. It won't be great, but I think you could possibly make an action/SFX that would entertain me. I mean, just sitting here I can think of an outline for three movies that would work in both fitting in as movies and staying roughly true to the original material. Whatever, I'll see it when i see it.

Oh, and Transformers DID suck. What I get for getting my hopes up.

I'm sure people said the same thing of superman , batman , spider-man and more till they were done.

Ummm, sorry, no. Don't forget, Superman, Batman and Spidey have had film representations since their inception. Most importantly, it's easy to identify with characters like Peter Parker, and Clark Kent, Son Goku....not so much.

Despite what american fans claim, DBZ wasn't all that in Japan. Don't forget, sometimes crappy shows last a long time (ie; Friends, Will & Grace, Dallas, et all).

That said, I can guarantee a live action DBZ would suck (case in point, the Japanese never made a live action version, and how old is the manga?). Honestly, you just can't polish a turd.

Well considering movie about Batman and Superman where being made way back in the 50's, I doubt anyone back than way saying it would suck and there's no way it can be good and Spider-man the only challenge was the special effects, not story, character development or anything like that. They all had great and easily translated material, DragonBall Z doesn't and with Fox, being run by Tom Rothman (is that the right name?) who has real distaste and personal vendetta for anything of the geek (for lack of a better word) genre. It true that a DBZ movie could be really awesome, but the odds are WAY against it. From just the initial idea I would bet money against it, though my opinion may change once we get a trailer.
With Transformers the idea of a movie wasn't what made people think it would suck, it was how Bay seemed to be going with it. The idea of a transformer movie has SOOO much higher probability of not sucking than that of DBZ.

But as a person who was a fan back in the day, who sees the possibility through objective reasoning, I can with 98% certainty say that this will most likely suck. There's still hat 2% chance of the stars aligning, but as it stands now, don't bet on it

Ummm, sorry, no. Don't forget, Superman, Batman and Spidey have had film representations since their inception. Most importantly, it's easy to identify with characters like Peter Parker, and Clark Kent, Son Goku....not so much.

Despite what american fans claim, DBZ wasn't all that in Japan. Don't forget, sometimes crappy shows last a long time (ie; Friends, Will & Grace, Dallas, et all).

That said, I can guarantee a live action DBZ would suck (case in point, the Japanese never made a live action version, and how old is the manga?). Honestly, you just can't polish a turd.

...what she said...mainly the last part

I'm not going to say that a DBZ movie would suck no matter the circumstances...good movies have been made out of worse source material...but I'm not exactly optimistic. But I've been hearing rumors about this for years, and still have doubts of if this will ever even go into production.

Yeah true , However it wasn't till Superman the movie that people thought they couldn't be done seriously and no one could believe a man could fly

Mmmmm yeah it was , Otherwise they would of sold **** load of dvds including the new dragonbox dvd set , It wouldn't oof got as many games and toys ect... Did Dallas get over 6 diffrent dvd releases , games ect.....?

It was voted most popular anime a few times but thats ok

Yes they did , it sucked like some comic book movies have e.g "Howard the duck"

It was still fun , sucked but fun and yes I Imported it.

Yes they did , it sucked like some comic book movies have e.g "Howard the duck"

It was still fun , sucked but fun and yes I Imported it.

I believe that was a brilliant chinese rip off

I believe that was a brilliant chinese rip off

It was , but still a live action version which was my point. It's an Unofficial Chinese Live-Action Movie but you know something everyone? It's still better than the official Jean-Claude Van Damme Street Fighter :lol:

Is that purple guy supposed to be Emperor Pilaf?

Yes kind of , He is King Horn who is Pilaf. See names are wrong in it , E.g Gokus is not called Goku but instead named monkey boy , the dragon balls are called dragon pearls ect....

Latest posts

Back