Dragonball Evolution

Re: Dragonball Z live action !

You do realize there's a huge number of fanboys like mole willing to throw away their money at something even if its **** right? They don't care about looking stupid, at the end of the day its all about benjamin's

HEY! I AM NOT A FANBOY

*realises he'll buy something if it's dbz even if it's **** and will watch this even if it's *****

:shock: oh ....... my ...... god. I am!

WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?

The Street Fighter movie was so bad, it was good. Of the numerous video game adaptations, all of which are bad, my favorite is probably Street Fighter.

"Have you lost your mind?!"
"No, you've lost your balls!"

But anyway, it's pretty safe to say that this won't attract much money at the box office.

From the description at CHUD, it sounds like a pretty faithful adaptation so far, even though not all of it is official. It says Goku's 18. I guess it could work. Also, In the series, I don't think it was made clear how Grandpa Gohan was killed. And they really changed Mai's character. She seems more serious in this, and she didn't have the ability to shape-shift, and thus Chi-Chi was never Mai, though this is likely based on Lunch/Launch. I like how they're using Piccolo I, though. I think it's fine that they omitted Pilaf, because I just don't think he would work in this. I wonder if they're going to bring in the Red Ribbon Army?

Overall, I like the way they've adapted it in the preliminary stages. I especially like the way they described Lord Piccolo, an alien from outer space whose race almost destroyed Earth 2,000 years ago. After he and the Namek-jins kill Gohan, he informs Goku that he's a Saiyan and is destined to join him in enslaving/destroying the planet. Sounds pretty sweet.

Also, In the series, I don't think it was made clear how Grandpa Gohan was killed

Yes it was in Dragon Ball , Goku mentions a giant ape like monster that killed grandpa gohan during a full moon which we later learn was Goku but no one told him due to the fact he didn't know about his Ôzaru transformation

The Street Fighter movie was so bad, it was good. Of the numerous video game adaptations, all of which are bad, my favorite is probably Street Fighter.

Mines Mortal Kombat (ironic since I prefer street fighter the game) Street fighter the movie however was so bad I would rate Tomb raider movies above it.

I wonder if they're going to bring in the Red Ribbon Army?
Most likely a flash back or something during the movie based off android/cell saga.

it's pretty safe to say that this won't attract much money at the box office

Like Random pointed it out , it'll sell. Dragonball z Still has a huge fanbase of fans who buy the dvds , the games and more. It's safe to say this will do well. Even if it sucks it will still make money.

Judging from what they have said they are changing things to remove alot of stuff , I think from revealing goku is a saiyan that Raditz will not be in any sequels as that was the point of him.

Also if Namek's are evil then Frieza fight will most likely be on earth.

I don't care how bad it is.

As long as I see liveaction/cgi Fat Buu.

but you've seen pics of me :lol:

Last edited:

I didn't say you were adorable.

I said move the **** over.

Oh i see your lying when your friends are around but when we were along you were all over me like white on rice

Yes it was in Dragon Ball , Goku mentions a giant ape like monster that killed grandpa gohan during a full moon which we later learn was Goku but no one told him due to the fact he didn't know about his Ôzaru transformation

Ah, yes, now I remember.

Ah, yes, now I remember.

Yeah , doesn't really matter that much as it was never mentioned again. Thats one of the things I felt was wasted as they could of gone somewhere great with that

You do realize there's a huge number of fanboys like mole willing to throw away their money at something even if its **** right? They don't care about looking stupid, at the end of the day its all about benjamin's

Exactly. The studio execs really don't care a whole lot if its a terrible movie, they only care if its a terrible movie that'll manage to attract kids and their parents to see it. If they believe the money is coming in from it, they'll make it.

But it will hurt to watch it.

News

Dragon Ball Z to Shoot in Durango, Mexico
Source: Informer
November 6, 2007

Mexican newspaper El Norte reports that 20th Century Fox will film 85% of the Dragon Ball Z movie in Durango, Mexico under the direction of James Wong.

The production, expected to film in 2008, plans to use the Mexiquillo Forest, Marley Ranch, Hacienda la Providencia, La Joya Ranch, Laguna Seca de Santiaguillo and a forum from a Convention Center in the Culture Institute.

"Durango meets the needs in hotels, personnel, services like transportation, equipment, stunts, restaurants. This movie will provide the city with 750 jobs and an important flow of money," said Susana Elósegui Cross (Turism & Cinematography Director of Durango).

The sets will be constructed this month and shooting will begin in January and last through March. However, the movie cannot filmed completely in Durango, so they will move to Estado De México for some shots at Nevado de Toluca (an important volcano).

Durango was chosen by Ariel Shaw, the special FX director.

Dragon Ball Z is about a young boy called Goku. He faces Evil Vegeta, who tries to destroy the hero to prove that Goku is not the legendary warrior many believe he is.

Hmmmmm this one says Vegeta could be the villain.

So all they can afford is Mexico, huh?

How is that diffrent to people shooting in New Zeeland (if that's spelling) or Australia.

Dragonball Z has a lot of sandy/desert looking landscapes which Mexico can provide

How is that diffrent to people shooting in New Zeeland (if that's spelling) or Australia.

Dragonball Z has a lot of sandy/desert looking landscapes which Mexico can provide

New Zealand. And it's not much different.

The difference is how much it will cost them to shoot in locations. By that, it looks like it'll cost them less money to shoot in Mexico than New Zealand or Australia.

Latest posts

Back