Dream-Teaming Round 7: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

bluebeast

Okay you're an assistant editor at the comic book publisher of your choice. You're boss comes in and tells you to drum up some roster ideas for a team-book they'd like to set-up for a future creative team to write. He asks for a proposal including: The roster of the team, The driving idea, explainations for character choices, and the creative team you'd like to see.

THE RULES------------------------

1) The winner of the last round becomes the moderator of the round, and thus gets to choose the team in question to be built. He must also name the roster to be filled, which should be at least 4, but no more than 9.

2) You may not use more than 4 characters common in anyone else's team in the round, as in if team one has characters a,b,c,d,e, team two can have characters a,b,c,d in common, but cannot use character e. The team posted first takes priority.

3) You must write a brief two or three sentence plot summary, an explanation for each team member, and the creative team you'd like to see on the book.

4) After TEN DAYS, the round is declared closed. People will vote via PM and send it to the moderator, who will count the votes and declare winner. Like the Ultimatization Game, you CANNOT vote for yourself.

5) The winner declared gets to choose the team in the next round.

This Round:

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

league.gif

Any era, any medium except for the big two comics, must all pertain to each other's time periods. Have fun with this one.

Last edited:
No big two? aww I had an idea for a marvel version set in the late 1800's-early 1900's

**** it I'm doing it anyway don't care if I'm breaking the rules in the game I made

Aw **** yeah. I just jizzed at the possibilities.

Can it be an evil version?

Also, I just thought of something. Let's say I wanted to use James Bond (hypothetically). And you say the characters have to fit within the same time period. Well, the Daniel Craig version of Bond clearly lives in the new millennium. The Sean Connery version clearly does not. What if you like a specific version of the character but want to use the time period of the other version? Like, Daniel Craig's Bond would be hanging out with Jason Bourne. But Sean Connery's Bond would be in a freakin' wheelchair (well .... Sean Connery's not in a wheelchair and he's still in good shape, but you know what I mean). Should Daniel Craig/Sean Connery be treated as different Bonds? I know we're not dreamcasting, but we usually use pictures.

Last edited:
Aw **** yeah. I just jizzed at the possibilities.

Can it be an evil version?

Also, I just thought of something. Let's say I wanted to use James Bond (hypothetically). And you say the characters have to fit within the same time period. Well, the Daniel Craig version of Bond clearly lives in the new millennium. The Sean Connery version clearly does not. What if you like a specific version of the character but want to use the time period of the other version? Like, Daniel Craig's Bond would be hanging out with Jason Bourne. But Sean Connery's Bond would be in a freakin' wheelchair (well .... Sean Connery's not in a wheelchair and he's still in good shape, but you know what I mean). Should Daniel Craig/Sean Connery be treated as different Bonds? I know we're not dreamcasting, but we usually use pictures.

Bond's different because he's been used so much. If you go with Ian Flescher's version then it'd be sixties era like Sean Connery. But the new one would work in a modern setting.

Maybe the big two can be used, but make damn sure there's a good excuse for them to be in.

I'm expecting this to go crazy and be great. I've already selected my group based upon American characters around the turn of the 19th century or maybe something else... not sure yet.

Last edited:
Hm... I'm not quite sure what route to go with this, yet. Moore's already covered a LOT of eras. I'm thinking maybe sci-fi.

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (characters taken from 1970 and 1980 Cartoon series)

Time and Space storms are occurring in the world, and heroes are brought together in an effort to stop it from destroying Earth.

Questar The Leader. He was forcefully teared away from his team, and is now actively trying to figure out a way back home. He recognizes the danger these Spatial Storms represent, and has decided to help out his adopted home and save them. His mount is also here with him.

Captain N: The Game Master The Field Agent. Captain N sees the appearances of his old villains in the real world, and takes to the field to fight back, seeing his old powers come back. His knowledge of games and puzzles make him a quick thinker on the field

Tygra The Brains. Pulled out of his fight against Mumm-Ra, Tygra is using his brains to figure out how to scientifically close these storms. But he is conflicted, because if he closes these storms, how can he get back home?

Prince Adam/He-Man - The Bruiser. Prince Adam has been displaced in space, and is working with the heroes in an effort to return back to his world to reunite with his friends. He is not without Battle Cat though, the mysterious mount of his is with him on this new world.

Speed Racer - The Driver. In this series, Speed is the ace in the hole, the driver of the team, he normally drives a limo to and from places, but when the team gets in serious trouble, he breaks out the newest Mach 5 and rescues them.

Though the Mach 5 has undergone some changes as well, no longer the car that is known as the Mach 5, Speed's younger brother found a faster car in the junk heap and fixed it up for Speed. This car turns out to be the Autobot, Mirage, and once Speed drives him for a bit, he realizes the car is alive, truly. Understanding each other, Speed and Mirage bust the team out of trouble.

Best I could come up with at the last minute.

Pitch:
Pulled together from different worlds by the Crystal, they must battle an evil that threatens their worlds as well as the other various worlds of the multiverse, the Conspiracy of Inter-dimensional Domination, or C.I.D. for short. Exiles from their own worlds, they are a Final League of Extraordinary Fantasy.

Team:

Balthier-
balthier1.jpg

The sky pirate of FFXII, he is chosen by the Crystal to lead this band of interdimensional heroes. A job he is quick to accept since Vaan and Ashe stole all of his thunder (even though he was the main character!) during his last adventure, or so he claims. His leadership qualities include a natural charm and wit, and a versatile attacking style that allows him to fulfill several roles on the battlefield. His favored weapons are guns, but he's not picky. The main character has to be versatile after all.

Lulu-
lulu.jpg

A Black Mage and belt enthusiast, Lulu is ready to strike out on her own adventure after FFX. She doesn't need to be on guard duty anymore since Yuna can dress her way to victory. The Crystal chose her since Lulu brings a variety of skills to the table the most notable is her being a master of long range badassitude.

Red XIII/Nanaki-[/U]
[IMG]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f324/gorillaraider04/red13.jpg
The lion/puma thing from FFVII. Red XIII was investigating a crashed meteor (not Meteor though) in Cosmo Canyon, but when he touched the space rock he was transported into this new adventure. Even though he doesn't want to particularly be here his sense of duty keeps him around in order to protect his future. Red XIII is another variable fighter who is decent at magic as well as physical attacks, he is the perfect support pillar for the young League.

Cain/Kain Highwind-
kain.jpg

A FFIV veteran. Pulled from his training at Mt. Ordeals, the penultimate Dragoon is not pleased to be....drafted...to this "League" his physical power makes him a welcome addition to the team but his attitude leaves much to be desired. Balthier seems to trust (or is it just tolerate?) him but Lulu is not so sure that he is who he says he is.

Quina Quen-
quina1.jpg
quina2.jpg

Hailing from FFIX, Quina found a Crystal in the marshes that looked tasty, but when s/he tried to eat it, s/he was transported alongside the rest of the team to a new land with many new yummy foods. What more could a gourmand want? Being a Blue Mage Quina is the ultimate wild card. What s/he lacks in wacky copied magic, s/he makes up for with a really pointy spork!

Umaro-
umaro.jpg

A Yeti from FFVI, Umaro fills in the League's biggest weakness: Pure. Physical. Kickassitude. A strait up berserker, nobody can match Umaro when it comes to missing-link class strength. The bad news is that he will really only listen to Moogles, but the good news is that Lulu's Moogle doll is apparently real enough for Umaro.

Story:
The first arc has the team coming together and traveling to the world of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, to battle one of the subdivisions of C.I.D.: The Smithy Gang from Super Mario RPG. The last page of the arc has the leader of C.I.D. to be revealed to be Roxas from Kingdom Hearts II. The rest of the books has the League facing down various Square villains (and heroes!) in an effort to preserve life throughout the multiverse.

Creative Team:Gail Simone writing and UDON on art.

If I were capable of giving the League to someone to do, I'd give it to Adam Hughes, because he would ****ing love it. Hell, when ABC was forming, he asked to do it but Kevin O'Neil was already on the project. So, I'd give it to him.

Latest posts

Back