Dream-Teaming Round 9: Doom Patrol

bluebeast

Okay you're an assistant editor at the comic book publisher of your choice. You're boss comes in and tells you to drum up some roster ideas for a team-book they'd like to set-up for a future creative team to write. He asks for a proposal including: The roster of the team, The driving idea, explainations for character choices, and the creative team you'd like to see.

THE RULES------------------------

1) The winner of the last round becomes the moderator of the round, and thus gets to choose the team in question to be built. He must also name the roster to be filled, which should be at least 4, but no more than 9.

2) You may not use more than 4 characters common in anyone else's team in the round, as in if team one has characters a,b,c,d,e, team two can have characters a,b,c,d in common, but cannot use character e. The team posted first takes priority.

3) You must write a brief two or three sentence plot summary, an explanation for each team member, and the creative team you'd like to see on the book.

4) After TEN DAYS, the round is declared closed. People will vote via PM and send it to the moderator, who will count the votes and declare winner. Like the Ultimatization Game, you CANNOT vote for yourself.

5) The winner declared gets to choose the team in the next round.

This Round:

The Wizards of Weird!

The Adventurers of Absurd!

The Doom Patrol!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_Patrol

Round ends August 28th

My team. Theses guys :

DEAL WITH IT

Last edited:
What a random team. I think Wildfire is a member of the Legion and therefore would be in the future. And I think Catherine Colby is Peregrine from Top Ten, which means she's not even in the DCU.

She is. But top 10 is owned by dc. It's called Earth-ABC or something and is part of the DC universe. Also he is from Legion of Super-Heroes but like i wanted to take them and put them modern times. So he'd have a similar origin ect.. but in this time. Why not? If they have multiple versions of heroes including a vampire batman from older times why can't another version of Wildfire in the past (present) exist the same way?

She is. But top 10 is owned by dc. It's called Earth-ABC or something and is part of the DC universe. Also he is from Legion of Super-Heroes but like i wanted to take them and put them modern times. So he'd have a similar origin ect.. but in this time. Why not? If they have multiple versions of heroes including a vampire batman from older times why can't another version of Wildfire in the past (present) exist the same way?

I've never heard that Earth-ABC thing and I'm a big fan so I'm sure I would have read about it somewhere. And I'm pretty sure that Vampire Batman thing is an Elseworlds and didn't actually happen in DC continuity. :?

Last edited:
I've never heard that Earth-ABC thing and I'm a big fan so I'm sure I would have read about it somewhere. And I'm pretty sure that Vampire Batman thing is an Elseworlds and didn't actually happen in DC continuity. :?

I didn't say it happened in continuity but it counts and has an earth number thing. Just saying why not. Or he could have come from the future I mean if superman and supergirl can go there and others have come back. Why not?

As for the earth abc thing. :

http://dc.wikia.com/index.php?title=Earth-ABC&redirect=no

My only guess the earth abc = a made up name or initials for America's Best Comics. America's Best Comics did Top 10. America's Best Comics is from Wildstorm. Wildstorm is from DC so top 10 = owned by dc. So they can use the characters ect..

Mole that's the most random thing I've ever seen. And therefore awesome

Also, Colby isn't dating Kowalski - that's her partner in the police force, not her partner in a relationship. She's got a husband.

Also, Colby isn't dating Kowalski - that's her partner in the police force, not her partner in a relationship. She's got a husband.

I know. Like I said it was like a reinvented and my version IS dating her. Kowalski though was a lesbian and I figure "hey lets do that" It's like Kordax Isn't how I made him either. So? i tried to do something new with the characters I felt weren't doing much.

But I get it you don't like entry as your multiple posts have shown. So? I'm not going to win and no one had entered and I figured "hey lets have fun with it."

My team:

Spider-Man
Godzilla
Eight different Batmen (the one from Red Son would be one of them because I like his hat)
Gorilla Grodd
Grant Morrison

They travel on the cyborg Hourman's time ship. And fight crime.

Written by me, drawn by me. Cancelled after two issues.

I like how Mole just randomly drew names from Wikipedia. Like a bingo.

Actually I didn't. I just Wiki to get pics but honestly i don't care enough to do that :lol: I chose them as I wanted them. But whatever

Yeah sorry about that Iceshadow

Last edited:
Damn, it's past August 28th and we didn't even get one team. Besides Mole's, but I'm not sure if his counts.

Latest posts

Back