Dreamcasting #11 - GHOSTBUSTERS (closes 4th November)

I have no interest in doing any of those.

I'd rather see something that may or may not have been adapted into film before, but has had either limited commercial success or did not imprint itself onto the pop cultural consciousness.

For example, Dune has been adapted several times in videogames, TV and film, but it hasn't really produced a definitive adaptation in the way that LOTR has. Ditto for say, Archie or any videogame.

The Dreamcasting I've always wanted to do would be a movie based on the game Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy but I don't know if enough people here have played it.

It's a fantastic game with a large and diverse cast of characters that just beg to be Dreamcasted.

The Dreamcasting I've always wanted to do would be a movie based on the game Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy but I don't know if enough people here have played it.

It's a fantastic game with a large and diverse cast of characters that just beg to be Dreamcasted.
If my PS2 was working, I'd actually play it just fer ya.

Seriously, I wish we could do more videogame dreamcastings, but I know that it'll largely be limited to stuff like the most popular console properties. I'd do Jagged Alliance, Max Payne, Freedom Force and Fallout.

I'm actually annoyed that the 'adaptations' dreamcasting has become an all-purpose dreamcasting for non-comic properties. I perfectly understand the logic behind doing that, but the fact is that the regular dreamcasting gets a lot of limitations because people just don't like casting what they don't know first hand or what they don't like.

This is a personal matter of taste, but I don't think I need a personal affinity for a property just to be interested in dreamcasting it.

but the fact is that the regular dreamcasting gets a lot of limitations because people just don't like casting what they don't know first hand or what they don't like.

Like me , If i don't know something or at least think "Ahhh I get that" when I read the description I don't dreamcast it.

Like me , If i don't know something or at least think "Ahhh I get that" when I read the description I don't dreamcast it.
Okay, maybe I'm just freaky and have a larger knowledge of American pop culture than I should.

But that's my point.

Obviously, the range in which we could Dreamcast material is far larger than could be contained by one thread... and dividing it between comics and 'everything else' makes no sense to me.

Comics are such a small pool, limited purely by what we all have in common in terms of reading. Obviously, some of the younger ones know less about the older books that were trendy during the eighties and nineties, even if it seems to contradict the near-universal knowledge we have of the Marvel & DC classics from the sixties.

That said, I never considered the first Dreamcasting thread as 'the comics one' it only started out that way and was meant to cover the gamut of pop culture, while the one originally titled Remakes (later Adaptations) was meant to recycle what's been cinemized or animatificated before.

I think the division is much more even when done between adapting and remaking than it is when done between comics and everything else (which is what we do now).

I still want someone to do live-action Akira.

The Beef should be Tetsuo.

No really.
I was actually thinking he'd be perfect for Kaneda.

Immature, rises-to-the-occasion, smartass hero kid.

The Beef is made of that ****.

I was actually thinking he'd be perfect for Kaneda.

Immature, rises-to-the-occasion, smartass hero kid.

The Beef is made of that ****.
He is.

But that's the obvious choice.

I want to see the Beef play a character who is meant to be largely but not wholly unsympathetic, screaming his brain out and having a psychic tantrum.

The thing is, The Beef would NEVER take that role, but I think he should.

He is.

But that's the obvious choice.

I want to see the Beef play a character who is meant to be largely but not wholly unsympathetic, screaming his brain out and having a psychic tantrum.

The thing is, The Beef would NEVER take that role, but I think he should.
Obvious is my middle name.

I say thumbs down with Akira. Nobody else wants to see that crap! Worst Dreamcast since GI Joe.

Don't follow in my footsteps.

Nathan Fillion should play dead. I would like to propose keeping Nathan Fillion out of dreamcasting for the next 5 rounds... and to be fair, this list should also include Famke Janssen, anyone from the Buffy cast and Ron Perlman in any role which demands an ugly guy with good acting skills. Let's give Ron a break. Forget he's ugly and just go with his acting skills.

Last edited:
Nathan Fillion should play dead. I would like to propose keeping Nathan Fillion out of dreamcasting for the next 5 rounds... and to be fair, this list should also include Famke Janssen, anyone from the Buffy cast and Ron Perlman in any role which demands an ugly guy with good acting skills. Let's give Ron a break. Forget he's ugly and just go with his acting skills.
Seriously, I was joking. Don't get so bent out of shape by hammering down a point you already made several times.

That said, what really bugs me is how many people --- not you, obviously --- seem to constantly mispell Perlman's name as Pearlman. Also a lot of people forget that he actually does things other than be tough ugly men. Watch him in The Last Supper, he's ****ing fantastic as a mouthy ultra-mouthy parody of Rush Limbaugh.

He can actually give scenery chewing dialogue, which is the complete opposite of just standing around and looking tough --- which seems to be the only light in which people seem to see him in.

Last edited:

I think this is a rather foolish thing because people don't actively cast these people because they can, but rather because they know about them and want to see them in more things. Sure, maybe people should have a larger breadth of experience, but I still see in every dreamcast a dozen actors I've never heard of before. I don't think we need to keep any actors out due to overusage.

However, the best way to combat it is to select a topic like BUFFY since none of those actors would be eligible for the cast.

Seriously, I was joking. Don't get so bent out of shape by hammering down a point you already made several times.

That said, what really bugs me is how many people --- not you, obviously --- seem to constantly mispell Perlman's name as Pearlman. Also a lot of people forget that he actually does things other than be tough ugly men. Watch him in The Last Supper, he's ****ing fantastic as a mouthy ultra-mouthy parody of Rush Limbaugh.

He can actually give scenery chewing dialogue, which is the complete opposite of just standing around and looking tough --- which seems to be the only light in which people seem to see him in.

He's ****ing great in THE NAME OF THE ROSE.

I'm not... I'm just hating on Nathan Fillion because it's fun and it makes me laugh.

You are correct, sir. Exactly my point. The Last Supper was a brilliant movie, by the way. Good choice.

I'm not... I'm just hating on Nathan Fillion because it's fun and it makes me laugh.
If you're gonna hate on Nate --- a rhyme! --- for fun, ya gotta do it harder, funnier, don't stop.

Willverine said:
You are correct, sir. Exactly my point. The Last Supper was a brilliant movie, by the way. Good choice.
It had a sagging middle arc, but otherwise it was a great showcase for scenery chewing performances. I particularly liked the scene when they were totally hammering the beliefs of a pro-life teenager.

I am getting very anxious and excited for the next round.

KALICKI WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!!!111

Last edited:
Indeed.

I know he has limited access....and doesn't he only get on at work? And isn't he working another job now? In construction?

I say if we don't get anything from him by midnight tomorrow----we continue to acknowledge that he won---but give the next round project to the runner-up since the winner is unable to perform his duties.

Can I get an "amen"?

Latest posts

Back