Dreamcasting #11 - GHOSTBUSTERS (closes 4th November)

Bass

Nexus of the World
Originally, I thought of doing THE SIMPSONS as a live-action, but then I realised that I actually like this game and didn't see the virtue in killing it forever. (To understand just how this would kill the game ask yourself - "Who plays Bart?" - it's impossible, I tell you.)

I then thought about continuing the 80s cartoon theme - MASK, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS, or, THE VISIONARIES!!!! But then I realised, probably no one knows who the hell THE VISIONARIES are.

Well let me tell you - they are wicked brilliant. I love them. And you suck for not having heard of them.

Same for THE PRISONER.

So, I wanted a cool ensemble cast and lo and behold, this struck me like lightning. GHOSTBUSTERS.

Hell yes.

1) The winner of the last round becomes the moderator of the round, and thus gets to choose the property or story in question to be adapted. Winner may also declare whether this property is an animated film, or a live-action one. He must also name the core characters to be cast, which should be at least 4, but no more than 9.

2) Participants may not use actors who have played the role before in the same medium before. Voice talents may not reprise their role, nor can film/TV ones.

3) After the time period set by the moderator, the round is declared closed. People will vote via PM and send it to the moderator, who will count the votes and declare winner. Like the Ultimatization Game, you CANNOT vote for yourself.

4) The winner declared gets to choose the property in the next round.

The deadline time I assume is 10 days.

The cast has to have
PETER VENKMAN, EGON SPENGLER, RAY STANZ, WINSTON ZEDDEMORE

As for the rest of the cast - you can case Dana Barret, Louis Tully, Janine Melnitz, Walter Peck, Mayor Lenny, Gozer, Stay Puft Marshallow Man, Slimer, Janosz Poha, and Vigo von Homburg Deutschendorf. You can cast any of the cool cartoon characters if you want like that weird blue flute playing dude from "Ragnarok and Roll".

But the four busters are what's important.

Who you gonna call?!

Last edited:
Shame. I would have done The Prisoner.

I remember the VISIONARIES.

That would be a huge cast of characters though.

I'll give this a shot, and I swear, if my awesome cdast gets no votes again, I'M COMING FOR YOUR HEAD!

I remember the VISIONARIES.

That would be a huge cast of characters though.

I'll give this a shot, and I swear, if my awesome cdast gets no votes again, I'M COMING FOR YOUR HEAD!

I voted for you last time.

Nice pick on a dreamcast . This one is going to be hard but here we go

Peter Venkman - Nathan Fillion

I think he has the seriousness as well as the sarcastic streak that Peter originally had. I love this choice the most

Raymond Stantz - - Matthew Perry

This choice was he seems to be funny as Ray as well as the fact he can play the nice simple sometimes dumb person that ray was. A quality many would not be able to do as well.

Egon Spengler - Peter Scolari

From his appearance in a few things like Honey I shrunk the kids tv show , It's obvious he can play the intelligent geek as well as been unknown enough that people will buy in to him in the role

Winston Zeddmore - Martin Lawrence

Winston to me had the most important role in the film. While not my favourite he is the one that is new and helps introduce us to diffrent elements. /he was also a little wisecracking and an Everyman , Something I think Martin Lawrence would be good at doing.

Here's my Main Four

Again, no pics, links to there IMDB pages, because that gives you a better idea how they are.

Dule Hill as Winston. Dule Hill is an everyman, can play both the serious as seen on West Wing, and the funny as seen on Pysch. While not the same build as Ernie Hudson, I think he flows with the rest of my cast better.

Josh Randor as Egon. Better known as Ted Mosby from How I Met Your Mother. He is a young actor, looking for a break, and can play the geeky scientist Egon, who would mesh up well with the Ray of this film.

Speaking of Ray, he would be played by Greg Grunberg from Heroes. Greg would easily be able to handle the one dimensional mind that all scientists who are passionate for their work have.

Lastly Peter Venkman is all about timing, charisma and joking and is central for the casting. Ryan Reynolds would be that type of actor, and he can handle it.

These four would face the greatest menace to mankind, a demon threatening to rip open a gate to hell and is doing so by using ghost power. They are capturing the ghosts to save them from this demon. The main demon would be voiced by Bill Murray, and he would have three generals, each voiced by the other three original Ghostbusters, Dan Aykroyd, Ernis Hudson and Harold Ramis.

Last edited:
Nice cast Houde , I especially love Ryan Reynolds as Peter as I think that's almost a perfect fit for him.

I tried for a young cast, and to stay away from all the actors everyone picks, cause the same actors picked over and over again piss me off.

May I ask which ones you don't like?

What did you think of mine?

Matthew Perry is a great choice. Peter Scolari is meh. Martin Lawrence is too old and too Martin Lawrence. I've never seen Nathan Fillion in anything but I'd love if we did a round where every single cast member from a Whedon show was off-limits.

May I ask which ones you don't like?

I think Dule Hill and Josh Radnor were inspired and very good. Ryan Reynolds I loathe in pretty much everything. I just want to kick his ***.

I tried for a young cast, and to stay away from all the actors everyone picks, cause the same actors picked over and over again piss me off.

Then I really don't get Greg Grunberg at all. He's in his late 30s. If I didn't know you hated the show, I'd have written it off as just "the mandatory actor from Heroes".

In terms of him in the actual part, he always seems fairly bitter and humourless, while I think Ray should be the slow but innocent and fun-loving kind of guy.

Again though, I'd really be interested in a new Dreamcasting rule to be in place for a while that says you can't use anybody from Buffy, Angel, Firefly or Heroes. I know sometimes, they really are the right actor for the part, but the point of this game is to have fun, and it's beginning to really lose my interest in that way.

The problem is that there are a ****load of actors in Buffy, Angel, Firefly and Heroes, so it's nearly impossible not to have one, even if it's not intentional.

Matthew Perry is a great choice. Peter Scolari is meh. Martin Lawrence is too old and too Martin Lawrence. I've never seen Nathan Fillion in anything but I'd love if we did a round where every single cast member from a Whedon show was off-limits.

Cool at least you liked one of my picks.

The problem is that there are a ****load of actors in Buffy, Angel, Firefly and Heroes, so it's nearly impossible not to have one, even if it's not intentional.

Exactly I know I tend to use people from buffy and angel in nearly every cast but for me it's not like I sit there and think "hmmmm which one can i somehow add to this round" It's case of I'm well more familiar with those actors and pick them if I think they are right

E.g When we do JLA I've always said even if someone beats me to it i'll cast David Boreanaz but that is only because I see the actor as perfect for batman.

It's like some use lost and heroes but It's going to happen as they are more familiar with those actors. It doesn't matter as long they cast them as they think they are good.

If what I said made any sense.

Then I really don't get Greg Grunberg at all. He's in his late 30s. If I didn't know you hated the show, I'd have written it off as just "the mandatory actor from Heroes".

In terms of him in the actual part, he always seems fairly bitter and humourless, while I think Ray should be the slow but innocent and fun-loving kind of guy.

Well, his role in Heroes is humorless, like the entire show is. I've seen this actor in roles where he has been fun loving and innocent, and his normal personality is a fun innocent guy. I really didn't know he was in his 30's. So wasn't Dan was he was Ray though, so I guess it works out.

While yo may hate the actor Reynolds, I think he would be a good Peter. My original choice of NEil Patrick Harris would make it look like I was simply casting How I Met Your Mother actors.

I am trying to use different actors than everyone else, use actors that no one would think of. Maybe that's why you like Dule and Josh so much, they are new to the game.

I like Greg Grunberg as Ray Stanz. I think it's a good choice. :D

E.g When we do JLA I've always said even if someone beats me to it i'll cast David Boreanaz but that is only because I see the actor as perfect for batman.

So do I. I think he'd be the bestest Batman ever.

Latest posts

Back