Dreamcasting #11 - GHOSTBUSTERS (closes 4th November)

Venkman- Seth Rogen

Egon- Paul Rudd

Winston- Chiwetel Ejiofor

Ray- Jason Segel

Janine- Linda Cardellini

other than Ejiofor this cast just got Apatowed.

Chiwetel Ejiofor is a fine choice!

Also - from Marvelman

marvelman said:
Though I will no longer be posting, I was very tempted to cast the ghostbusters remake, and so I did. You can do what you want with it- post it, don't post it, use it for yourself, post it but say it can't be voted for, as I will not be able to pick a new one... whatever. But I think I've put together a pretty good cast, so here it is.

The point for me was to get the most normal guys I could. I think I achieved that.

Peter Venkmann- Jason Bateman
iid_1032100.jpg.html

If you've seen him in Arrested Development, you will see he can play the sarcastic, eye-rolling guy who can get down to business pretty easily...

Dana Barrett- Natalie Portman
closer11.jpg

I can totally see her doing scared faces and being an equally sarcastic romantic interest for Venkmann. Plus, I can easily see her doing everything Sigourney Weaver did in the original.

Egon Spengler-Adrien Brody
AdrienBrod_Mazur_946855_400.jpg.html

At first I was gonna choose Iaon Gruffud, but then I realized Brody would be awesome. He can definitely play the intellectual type. Slap some glasses on and have him speak some pseudo-science mumbo-jumbo and BAM it's Egon.

Winston Zeddemore-Jamie Foxx
66654_16_1.jpg.html

If you've seen Collateral, you know he can play normal, down to earth guys... And he'd do it so well.

Ray Stantz- Seth Rogen
SethRogan_Theo_14133319_400.jpg.html

He could totally do the excited nerd. I was originally going to do Ed Helms, but Seth can pull off the nerd quite a bit better I think. I mean, just give the guy a shave and BAM. He'd just have to channel his in-your-face style of humor into his excitement for his science, e.g. Ray: "This is as exciting as the time they announced the remake for the 6-million dollar Woman!" Peter: "Yeah, but remember how that turned out? We're not doing it."

Louis Tully- Jon Heder
13404295_400.jpg.html

The hopeless nerd. The only problem is that he's a little tall, but that can be an easy adjustment to the character, just making him a tall guy instead of a short one.

Gozer- Tilda Swinton
ActressTi_Jeff_14706409_400.jpg.html

Just LOOK at her. Seriously.

Janine Melnitz- Angela Kinsey
iid_1264871.jpg.html

Could easily grate on your nerves, would look good in glasses, could crush on Egon, and could ultimately end up with Louis? Check, Check, Check, Check.

The Mayor- Danny DeVito
evenmoney04_high.jpg.html

It's basically the same guy.

Walter Peck- John Lovitz
JonLovitz_Leste_13600205_400.jpg.html

Just imagine him coming in and yelling at you "This is in violation of the Environmental Protection Agency, MEH!" You really need someone who can be annoying as all get out for the role.

Apparently, Marvelman has decided he has things he wants to do with his life and can't post here anymore.

But he can read threads and PM me stuff to post into a thread. :|

It doesn't make sense to me either.

Also - from Marvelman

Apparently, Marvelman has decided he has things he wants to do with his life and can't post here anymore.

He went Doc Comic on us.

Also - from Marvelman

Damn no more marvelman :(

So I get off of the computer and sit down to watch a little tv and guess what's on when I turn it on?

Ghostbusters II.

This is good, as I was thinking that I haven't seen a Ghostbusters movie in a while and I'd kind of forgotten their personalities.

Even though I am not participating, I felt the need to put up a Ghostbusters avatar.

Yay! Ghostbusters love!

Plus - ah, I picked it because of the whole Hallowe'en connection.

I... uh - I totally did.

:shifty:

In all seriousness, I can see Salma Hayek playing a re-imagined version of the Janine Melnitz character. Same downtown New York accent, same trashy sensibilities, just in the form of a sexy Latina.

Last edited:
In all seriousness, I can see Salma Hayek playing a re-imagined version of the Janine Melnitz character. Same downtown New York accent, same trashy sensibilities, just in the form of a sexy Latina.

but that changes her , wasn't she Meant to be plain looking? I mean are we to believe someone as smart as Egon would get hit on by someone like Salma Hayek and not think "Hell yeah , I'll do her!"

Hey kids! Remember that piece of crap movie-remake of the Dukes of Hazzard?! Well, from the makers of that comes:

Broken Lizard's The Ghostbusters

Peter Venkman - Erik Stolhanske
He's a Broken Lizard regular, and he fits Venkman the best out of the rest of the troupe.

Egon Spengler - Steve Lemme
Again, he fits the character the best.

Ray Stantz - Paul Soter
Yeah, ditto.

Winston Zeddemore - Don Cheadle
I thought Jay Chandrasekhar would make a good Winston Zeddemore, but I think Cheadle would be plausible given Broken Lizard's growing reputation (Donald Sutherland was in Beerfest).

Janine Melnitz - Salma Hayek
Joe, your wish has been granted.

Louis Tully - Kevin Hefferman
Hefferman doesn't fit the role at all, Chandrasekhar would most likely cast him in the role anyway.

Andrew Barnabus Dracula - Jay Chandrasekhar
There would be a new villain in this Ghostbusters. Andrew Barnabus Dracula is the resurrected Prince Vlad III Dracula. He's not a vampire, however. The myth is that Vlad studied the black arts at Scholomance and was therefore able to survive death. Louis Tully will end up accidently reviving him. So this Dracula has immense back magic power.

The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and Slimer would be included in the movie somehow.

I chose to do a Broken Lizard cast because all of the good people have been taken....I imagined it having all the recent comedians, the Frat Pack and all, because that's kind of what the original Ghostbusters was like. They tried to get all the hot comedic stars. They had Bill Murray, Harold Ramis, Dan Aykroyd, Rick Moranis....and they tried to get Eddie Murphy, but he was busy doing Beverly Hills Cop.

Last edited:
but that changes her , wasn't she Meant to be plain looking? I mean are we to believe someone as smart as Egon would get hit on by someone like Salma Hayek and not think "Hell yeah , I'll do her!"
Clearly you've never understood the concept of the deglamorized look.

Ever seen what Eva Longoria or Charlize Theron look like when they've unprettied themselves?

Salma Hayek is good looking, can look gorgeous, but she also has features in which it is plausible to make her look plain.

screw it all.

so heres my cast again, cuz the images didnt work the first time, and i have a change anyways. The change is in bold.

Peter Venkmann: Jason Bateman
244.bateman.jason.092506.jpg

Ray Stantz: Seth Rogen
244.rogen.seth.050207.jpg

Egon Spengler: Adrien Brody
adrien-brody04.jpg

Winston Zeddemore: Jamie Foxx
jamie-foxx-celebrity-photo.jpg

Louis Tully: Jon Heder
244.heder.jon.100506.jpg

Janine Melnitz: Angela Kinsey
Angela_Kinsey.jpg

Dana Barrett: Natalie Portman
natalie-portman-sort-of-nude.jpg

The Mayor: Danny DeVito
244.devito.danny.021407.jpg

Walter Peck: Jeremy Piven
264410~Jeremy-Piven-Posters.jpg

Because he can play a much better *******. See Old School.

Gozer: Tilda Swinton
tildaianwestpa2333.jpg

Latest posts

Back