Dreamcasting # 2: The Ultimates

Re: Dreamcasting - Round Two

Statham as hawkeye. hmm.

Well to be honest---it could be any well built white guy with a bald head......but after the past issues made him come off as a complete bad-***, all anyone can do is picture him.

To be honest---he doesn't play that big a role, so you don't have to worry his accent messing anything up.

Hmmm......this group of choice has been done before.

I've said these before but for participation purposes---

Captain America - Aaron Eckhart

Tony Stark/Iron Man - Karl Urban

Thor - Viggo Mortensen

Hank Pym/Giant Man - Edward Norton

Janet Pym/Wasp - Charlize Theron

Bruce Banner/Hulk - Val Kilmer

Natasha Romanov/Black Widow - Dina Meyer

Clint Barton/Hawkeye - Jason Statham

Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver - Christopher Eccleston

Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch- Uma Thurman

Nick Fury - Dennis Haysbert

Betty Ross - Jennifer Aniston
Very good choices, dude. Very good.

Very good choices, dude. Very good.

I think the hardest part is about finding actors who look the part....yet have the ability to "be" that character without their actual presence overshadowing the role.

I'm probably sure that there's better choices for Thor, Janet, and Bruce.

At one point my choice for Janet was gonna be Ashley Scott (from the WB's "Birds of Prey"). She has this look that pulls screams Wasp to me....but she doesn't have the age.

Thor is a tough one because you need a physical presence.....but nothing too overpowering. Viggo can do the long haired warrior thing. Although he can't really doa blonde well. Another good choice for him is Gerard Butler....I'm just not sure about the hair though.

As for Banner----personally I'd like to stick with Bana. But he doesn't have that Ultimate Banner look.

Since I'm lazy, I'm just going to agree with the casting choices the Ultimates made themselves in issue 4. With Brad Pitt as Thor and Matt Damon as Cap. And, since I can't use Jackson as Fury, Avery Brooks. :D

Since I'm lazy, I'm just going to agree with the casting choices the Ultimates made themselves in issue 4. With Brad Pitt as Thor and Matt Damon as Cap. And, since I can't use Jackson as Fury, Avery Brooks. :D

you can use Jackson as fury I made of point of saying you can

I still think Sorbo would be a badass Thor. He has the stature, build and voice. not too overpowering. And he can rock the goat. I'd also like to see lucy lawless and scarlet witch or wonder woman.

I think the hardest part is about finding actors who look the part....yet have the ability to "be" that character without their actual presence overshadowing the role.

I'm probably sure that there's better choices for Thor, Janet, and Bruce.

At one point my choice for Janet was gonna be Ashley Scott (from the WB's "Birds of Prey"). She has this look that pulls screams Wasp to me....but she doesn't have the age.

Thor is a tough one because you need a physical presence.....but nothing too overpowering. Viggo can do the long haired warrior thing. Although he can't really doa blonde well. Another good choice for him is Gerard Butler....I'm just not sure about the hair though.

As for Banner----personally I'd like to stick with Bana. But he doesn't have that Ultimate Banner look.
I couldn't agree more with everything you just said.

And, since I can't use Jackson as Fury, Avery Brooks. :D

I thought about Brooks for Fury. The look is dead-on in terms of likeness. But Brooks doesn't have the commanding presence that Fury has. I could see Brooks as Fury in a USM version. But not in the grandness that is Ultimates.

I still think Sorbo would be a badass Thor. He has the stature, build and voice. not too overpowering. And he can rock the goat. I'd also like to see lucy lawless and scarlet witch or wonder woman.

See...it's not that either doesn't have the looks. Just that neither has the skill to take such a role. Everything I've seen them in has been cheesy.

Last edited:

What about that guy from third Friday. He could play a good Luke Cage. or a crazy buff Panther.

What about that guy from third Friday. He could play a good Luke Cage. or a crazy buff Panther.

Not to stray off topic or anything---but I haven't seen him do anything serious. Up until now he's been a comedic actor. Not saying that he doesn't have the skills to play the role.....but I haven't seen anything to prove otherwise.

A lot of people like the idea of Tyrese playing Cage with John Singleton directing. While I think the combo of Singleton/Tyrese would do just fine for Cage....personally I'd like to see Antoine Fuqua (director) and Chiwetel Ejiofor (actor).

But that's a whole other topic.

Not to stray off topic or anything---but I haven't seen him do anything serious. Up until now he's been a comedic actor. Not saying that he doesn't have the skills to play the role.....but I haven't seen anything to prove otherwise.

A lot of people like the idea of Tyrese playing Cage with John Singleton directing. While I think the combo of Singleton/Tyrese would do just fine for Cage....personally I'd like to see Antoine Fuqua (director) and Chiwetel Ejiofor (actor).

But that's a whole other topic.

cool. well I'm just going from a looks perspective mostly.

I thought about Brooks for Fury. The look is dead-on in terms of likeness. But Brooks doesn't have the commanding presence that Fury has. I could see Brooks as Fury in a USM version. But not in the grandness that is Ultimates.

I dunno. . .I think he could pull it off. No one is going to beat Jackson, because that's pretty much who Fury is now, so I thought about how Brooks would do and, from my perspective, that's as close as you're going to get. But your pick was decent, too. I dunno how Haysbert would look bald, but he's got the presence.

SSJmole said:
you can use Jackson as fury I made of point of saying you can

Well, then there isn't a better choice.

Last edited:

You need to learn how to use search engines.......or else I'm gonna hire Ourchair to do bad things to you.

..........and this is OURCHAIR we're talking about here.

we've have our talk. he knows what'll happen. And I pray to God this shotgun will work.

can we not fit the chick who played "kumiko" on "heroes" into this movie somewhere?

I thought about it actually in my cast, but then decided against it.

why would you do that?
that bit on heroes where kimiko is shouting at hiro, that bit is awesome. i hope some japanese chick will shout at me like that when i hit tokyo again this year.

why would you do that?
that bit on heroes where kimiko is shouting at hiro, that bit is awesome. i hope some japanese chick will shout at me like that when i hit tokyo again this year.
Nothing personal.

I just researched her wanting to see if I wanted to cast her, then decided I didn't really want her to play Wasp. Doesn't mean I'm against other people casting her or anything like that.

Latest posts

Back