Dreamcasting 2009, Round 2: Fantastic Four.

ourchair

This round is moderated by Langsta, winner of the last round which was "Superman."

These are the rules of Dreamcasting 2009, they may not be broken, altered or changed in any way shape or form. Seriously:

1) The winner of the last round becomes the moderator of the next round, and is free to choose any property to be cast, whether it is based from comics, videogames, books, cartoons or real world figures.

2) When the moderator chooses a property, he or she may specify a medium (TV, film, cartoon) and a cast of at least 4 characters and a maximum of 9. Should he or she fail to specify a medium, then it is open game what medium participants want to play with.

3) Actors may not reprise their parts at all. Those who have played a character on film or TV may not play the character on voice and vice versa. Simply put, Kevin Conroy cannot put on a Batsuit and Christian Bale is not allowed to voices in your fantasy Batman CG adventure.

4) If you would like to cast an additional character, you must swap one out for another. However, the moderator has the option of leaving blank spots deliberately, with a maximum of 9. For example, he or she may declare, "Fantastic Four, and at least two bad guys and a Fantastic Friend (i.e. She-Hulk, Power Man)

5) Each round lasts ten days from the point the moderator posts it, and voting lasts for at least a day and any time past that needed to secure a victory.

6) And a final reminder: This is Dreamcasting, not DreamMovie. There are no story pitches. You can describe the character, talk about the kind of arc perhaps he goes through or what nuance he brings to the character or what kind of incarnation he's playing, but you can't write a freaking trilogy. No exceptions. Emphasize casting decisions and why you chose an actor.

That is all. For this round, Langsta has declared:
FANTASTIC FOUR
No medium specified.
Langsta declares that you must cast:

Reed Richards, MISTER FANTASTIC
Susan Storm, THE INVISIBLE WOMAN
Benjamin Grimm, THE THING
Jonathon Storm, THE HUMAN TORCH
Victor Von Doom, DOCTOR DOOM

Last edited:
Fantastic Four; the Mystery of the Mists​

Taking the Fantastic Four back to their roots as imaginaughts who venture on the greatest of adventures all in the pursuit of discovery. This is on origin story but will be the elder Four's epic confrontation with the vastly superior beings known as the Inhumans and their greatest villain Dr. Doom.

Reed Richards, Mr. Fantastic: Gary Sinese
csi-ny-gary-sinise14.jpg

I'd like to play the members of the FF as close to their comic book ages as possible so Reed is obviously the eldest member. Mr. Fantastic is quite simply the most brilliant mind on the planet and creates the most fantastic of inventions to suit his needs. Need to stop a Galactus? Reed's got the Ultimate Nullifyer at his disposal. Gary Sinise is an amazing actor and shines through in every role that he takes on. In order to play the older more stressed Reed you need a character of Sinese's depth. Plus he looks just like him.

Susan Storm Richards, the Invisible Woman: Laurie Holden
laurie_holden.jpg

Sue will be very different in this film in the fact that she's not a powty supermodel but a mother (yes Franklin would be in it) trying to balance a career and motherhood. She'll of course have troubles with Johnny but will balance it with her motherly influence on him. I was watching the Majestic a few weeks back and thought of how perfect Laurie Holden is for the role of Sue. She has that classic beauty and charm that most actresses these days lack and would bring Sue to live.

Benjamin Grimm, the Ever Lovin' Blue Eyed Thing: Patrick Warburton
767-Patrick_Warburton.jpg

Reed's ole' best buddy will of course be back with that same level of cynicism and wit that always personified the character back in the comics. Ben's always there to do the heavy lifting for the team and then make a crack about Johnny not wanting to break his fingernails. I can't really think of anyone better to play Ben than Patrick Warburton, and I really really looked and couldn't find anyone. Oh well, I guess he's too perfect for the role almost.

Johnny Storm, the Human Torch: Nick Zano
nick_zano_3.jpg

Despite being in his late twenties Johnny's still the kid brother of the team who doesn't have the responsibility to be a big time hero. He'll always be butting heads with Ben and getting a tongue lashing from Sue but fly headfirst into a fight to help his teammates. I can see him finding an extreme love for Crystal in the film and trying his hardest to be a responsible adult while failing miserably. I've seen Nick Zano in the film College and the show Mad About You and always found him perfect to bring the Human Torch to life on the big screen.

Victor Von Doom, Dr. Doom: Jason Isaacs
jasonwhite.jpg

Menacing, evil, and so scarily smart he turned a ****hole country like Latveria into the most fearsome monarchy in the world in a decade. This Doom is a villain's villain. Whether it's creating Doombots to kill THE CURSED RICHARDS! or destroying Yankee Stadium because it's Ben Grimm's favorite place in the world Doom will do anything to get back at his hated enemies. Taking advantage of the situation with the Inhumans he will try and steal the secrets of the Terrigen Mists in order to kill the Fantastic Four. Jason Isaacs is Dr. Doom. Now agree with my Doom choice or MEET THE SAME FATE AS RICHARDS AND HIS MISCREANT GROUP OF "SUPERHEROES"!

Black Bolt: Eric Bana
eric_bana.jpg

The Inhumans act as an interesting group in this film in the vein that they are both enemy and ally to mankind. Their leader Black Bolt, in his silent poise commands the greatest army to grace the earth. Backed up by his loving consort Medusa Black Bolt will utter one word in the film to bring about the destruction of Doom's forces in the finale and unite human and inhuman kind. Eric Bana's icy stare and powerful presence alone would bring the king-like quality of Black Bolt out and show a figure as teh most noble to ever walk the earth without ever uttering a sentence.

Medusa: Elizabeth Hurley
xin_200603071635065151649.jpg

The woman behind the man and the queen of the Inhumans Medusa will be an interesting character to behold. Made cold by a relationship with a man who has never said he loved her Medusa rules at her husband's side with grace. I think Elizabeth Hurley with her intimidating presence and sharp wit, along with that amazing head of hair, would make an almost perfect Queen Medusa to Eric Bana's King Black Bolt.

Crystal: Zooey Deschanel
zooey032107.jpg

The truly realtable member of the Inhuman royal family Crystal will always be the sister yearing to see what life is like in the 'real world'. The catalyst for the movie's plot in her escape to Earth and capture by Doom, Crystal will befriend the Fantastic Four and fall in love with Johnny Storm. A true innocent, Crystal will have moments where she'll conjure up a gentle breeze and then attack her opponents with a regalia of fire and earth. Instead of Crystal's usual portrayal of a bombshell I want the somewhat fairy-like Zooey Deschanel to play the character. With her beautiful big eyes and an attitude that shows how much she wants to escape her family Zooey would be a perfect parallel to the boarish iresponsible Johnny Storm.

Of course the other Inhumans would appear (and Lockjaw of course as their teleporting 6 foot tall bulldog). Maximus would possibly appear as another antagonist with Gorgon, Triton and Karnak as the rest of the royal family. Franklin and Valarea would of course be there to emphasize the fact that this is a family of superheroes. Maybe even a cameo of Galactus and the Silver Surfer at the end to signify the future. Basically it will be the Fantastic Four going back to what they do best: the impossible.

Gary Sinise as Reed Richards is the awesomest thing. I like the idea of Reed having his caustic demeanor and a bossy voice. Laurie Holden as Sue is also genius.

Also, you broke the rules.

But since Langsta never really got to read the rules since I PMed him, he can feel free to expand the slots or change his round a bit to adjust for those rules.

And you didn't go overboard, so you are loved.

Gary Sinise as Reed Richards is the awesomest thing. I like the idea of Reed having his caustic demeanor and a bossy voice. Laurie Holden as Sue is also genius.

Also, you broke the rules.

But since Langsta never really got to read the rules since I PMed him, he can feel free to expand the slots or change his round a bit to adjust for those rules.

And you didn't go overboard, so you are loved.

Oh I just assumed that was the list since it was up there. And I was going to cast Maximus but that would've exceeded 9. (Zachary Quinto by the way).

Fantastic Four

CGI Film: Beowulf/Sky Captain & The World of Tomorrow style

Mr. Fantastic: Stephen Colbert
0000035584_20061030153305.jpg

I'm not joking, this guy IS Reed Richards in the flesh. I'm going for the older after years of adventuring Fantastic Four, not the fresh-face still growing pubes Fantastic Four. A team that knows what they're doing, with Reed exuding confidence. There is no one more confidant than this guy

The Human Torch: Sean William Scott
evolution3.jpg

The Human Torhc is the MU's Stifler, just more mature. Sean William Scott has grown up a little bit since his American Pie Days, not much. but enough to be able to play a goofy character that still has a serious side.

The Thing: Brad Garret
0_61_081307_BradGarrett.jpg

I'd rather not see another origin movie, so I'm getting an actor to use just for his voice. With CGI providing the Things body, all you need is a deep gravel voiced actor with a funny side. someone who can sound like time has worn him down. Robert from Everybody Loves Ray instantly came to mind for me, and I think it works

The Invisible Woman: Gail O'Grady
gail-ogrady-5th-annual-family-television-awards-WbSZRL.0.0.0x0.418x620.jpeg

Look at her, she definitley looks the part, This is an actress who can play a strong independant character, and she definitley pulls of the "Team mom" angle. Since I'm not going for the just out of college FF, I figured someone a little more cougary would work great. She works.

Dr. Doom: Javier Bardem
a-javier-bardem-picture.jpg

I know he's a little more Baron Underbheit than Dr. Doom, but he's a dark imposing figure, that looks european, plus he can play mad, furious even, a definite plus

Last edited:
Reed Richards, MISTER FANTASTIC – Sean Maher – He's need to be someone who seems intelligent first. Logically since this does not say Fantastic four 3 you can assume this is an origin movie so I chose him based on Dr. Simon Tam in fireflly. Because if he played the character similar or even the same you get the intelligence Plus with it been an origin movie you get an awkwardness I think Reed would need as he is pretty much the leader but on his first mission he wouldn't be a great leader it would be like he was falling in to the role.

Susan Storm, THE INVISIBLE WOMAN – Elizabeth Banks – IMO Sue needs to be intelligent (just not reed intelligent) , Independent but capible of having some immature sibling moments with Johnny. For those reasons I chose her like I did last fantastic 4 dream casting as I honestly think she can play the part.

Benjamin Grimm, THE THING – Vin Diesel – Let's face it in today's world he'll be cgi but he needed the tough guy type voice with out been too deep or too corny. While I don't think Vin Diesel is a great actor he's done voice work before e.g in his game, and he does it pretty well. So for that reason he's my thing.

Jonathon Storm, THE HUMAN TORCH – Ryan Reynolds – Human torch needs to be the cocky arrogant guy we all love. I needed someone who could pull it off with out it coming across as "Man he's a prick" but instead be "Hahaha that's cool". I think he could pull off Johnny well

Victor Von Doom, DOCTOR DOOM – Hugo Weaving – Here is my logic. Doom should be in suit the entire time. I didn't want another Julian McMahon where they feel they have to show the actors face. So I was looking at actors who have done entire roles behind masks. I also needed someone who's voice would scream "evil ruler" So I chose Hugo Weaving as he's done the mask stuff in V and his voice is what I think is needed to sell Doom.

THE FANTASTIC FOUR

An almagmation of Mark Millar and Warren Ellis' over-the-top take on the Marvel's First Family's origins and world-threatening adeventure.

FantasticFour.jpg

John Hamm, Charlize Theron, Paul Walker, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Daniel Craig, James Marsden

Reed Richards aka Mr.Fantastic – John Hamm Aside from looking like the distinguished, lantern-jawed, brilliant scientist…John Hamm has the range needed to capture the many sides of Reed Richards. His work on Mad Men proves he's got the determined drive to tackle any problem with that signature Richard's "I'm the smartest man alive, I can solve any problem" swagger. But his brief guest stint on 30 Rock and Saturday Night Live shows that he's got the comedic chops to portray the lighter part of Richards…the father…the unflappable husband…the man who can laugh at the fact that Doom has sent more Doombots to kill him, because…well…Doom sends Doombots EVERY Saturday morning!

Susan Storm aka Invisible Woman – Charlize Theron Beautiful…smart…strong…has a daughter who is almost as smart as her father and a son who is so powerful that he can alter reality but put mental blocks on himself so as not to abuse his power before he's ready…and all that but still level-headed and down to Earth. Theron perfectly embodies Susan Storm. Having plenty of strong female lead roles under her belt, Theron should have no problem playing Susan Storm. The perfect MILF. I mean her role in Hancock was a perfect primer to step into the shoes of Marvel's First Lady.

Johnny Storm aka Human Torch – Paul Walker The super-powered male version of Paris Hilton. Except under all that superficial packaging, lays the heart of a selfless hero who knows when to knuckle up and get serious because the fate of the world is at stake. How many laid back roles has Paul Walker had? How many times have we looked up at the screen and watched Paul Walker be Paul Walker regardless of what his character's name is? Why not let him do that here anc capture the essence of Johnny Storm? Sure he's got those lame Fast and Furious films to his name…and sure he even did that lost in time film…and can we all forget that cinematic masterpiece Into the Blue? But for every one of those films…we get a few gems from Walker. The gentle heart shown in Eight Below. The serious take from Running Scared. Sure Chris Evans was great as Johnny Storm…but Paul Walker IS Johnny Storm.

Ben Grimm aka The Thing – Jeffrey Dean Morgan Tough guy. Gruff voice. And…he's taller than Chiklis to boot! Alter the suit to fit Dean's height and you've got Mrs. Grimm's Blue-Eyed Baby Boy from Yonkers.

Victor Von Doom aka Dr.Doom – Daniel Craig Let's be honest---Daniel Craig is a very talented actor with lots of range. Too bad most people only know his as Bond or maybe even X from Layer Cake. Daniel Craig needs another hit to his name. And why not go the opposite from hero to villain? The regal vibe Craig gives off plus his piercing eyes make him my #1 choice to take up the mantle of everyone's favorite metal-faced dictator.

Namor – James Marsden The first mutant. With super strength…speed…ability of flight…and apparently immortality. Namor is the perfect male specimen…with his eye on Susan Storm. And why wouldn't she be intrigued? With those piercing blue eyes like the ocean---that charming mischievous smile that makes you wonder if his thoughts are noble or if he's thinking of doing Susan in the butt---and that body from decades of doing the breast stroke across the Pacific. James Marsden is that charming…and that good looking…and THAT talented to bring Namor to life as not really a threat to the Fantastic Four…but definitely a person of interest to keep their eye on.

Fantastic Four

CGI Film: Beowulf/Sky Captain & The World of Tomorrow style

Mr. Fantastic: Stephen Colbert
The Human Torch: Paul Walker
The Thing: Brad Garret
The Invisible Woman: Gail O'Grady
Dr. Doom: Javier Bardem
Kree Worldmind: Michael Clarke Duncan
Ronan the Accuser: Ron Perlman
Emperor Dorrek: Willem Dafoe
Super-Skrull: Danny Trejo

Gemini took the rules and raped them.

Yeah, pretty much.

That better?, sorry I hadn't read the rules yet. it was late at night, I'll post pics and explainations in a bit. Also I had forgotten how testy people are about this game.

Last edited:
FANTASTIC FOUR

Mr. Fantastic: Adrian Pasdar
He looks the part and has proven himself to be a capable actor with a nice range. He has an air and age about him which makes it easy to envision him as the leader of the Fantastic Four. That really is about all there is to it.
Adrian%20Pasdar1.jpg

The Invisible Woman: Ali Larter
My reasoning behind this pick is pretty much exactly like my reasoning for my Mr. Fantastic pick, a combination of talent and looks.
Ali-Larter_375x500_130807_01.jpg

The Thing: Josh Brolin
Let's be realistic, the Thing probably would/should be CGI in a live action movie. They tried the foam suit, and it was unconvincing in my opinion. I chose Brolin for his voice which I think would work well for the character. It's gruff and deep without being ridiculous. Plus he is a great actor so they could definitely go the motion capture route ala Dr. Manhattan or Davy Jones.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,brolinn.jpg

The Human Torch: Jensen Ackles
Jensen Ackles has pretty much been playing the Human Torch for the past four or so years on "Supernatural." He would bring a certain arrogance and charm that are needed for the character. I would highly recommend catching "Supernatural" to not only see what I mean, but also because it's a pretty decent show.
cw-supernatural-prt-JAckles-a_000690-127dfe-281x374.jpg

Dr. Doom: Ralph Fiennes

I'm pretty sure that when he's not acting he's killing people...that's how evil Ralph Fiennes seems to me. This of course isn't based upon any evidence, just the general feel that I get from him. Voldemort, that guy in "Schindler's List", Hades in the upcoming "Clash of the Titan's" movie...all evil. He seems like an evil genius in real life so it shouldn't be that hard for him to play one in this.
RalphFiennesHed_promostill.jpg

Last edited:
25788193.jpg

Mister Fantastic - Billy Crudup : This is a little Watchmen inspired, but I think it would work great. He's got a great geeky look, can pull off the intelligence and humor needed for the role and is a much better actor than Ioan Gruffudd. He'd work nicely with the rest of the team as well.

Invisible Woman - Gretchen Mol : I was going to go with Charlize Theron, but Doom already took that one. Gretchen Mol is a beautiful and overlooked actress who fits the role of Sue as much as any one else.

The Thing - Matt Dillion : Dillion has a nice gravely voice needed for Ben and I thought it was important to set up Ben as a good looking guy before his transformation. Ben was by far the hardest character to cast, but for some reason Dillion just clicked.

Human Torch - Bradley Cooper : Cooper is actually a little older than I'd like Johnny to be, but there's a big enough age difference between him and the rest of the cast that I'd think it would work out okay. Cooper can definitely pull off the cocky, yet lovable attitude of Johnny Storm.

doomo.jpg

Doctor Doom - Jeremy Irons / Someone Else in the Suit : Irons has the best voice for any villain you'd ever want him to play, but the man is pushing 60. I'm in agreement with Mole that Doom should stay in costume the entire movie, so let's put someone else in the suit and let Irons work his magic. If it comes half as good as Skeletor in Masters of the Universe I'll be happy.

Last edited:
Holy crap there are a lot of great casts this round....Billy Crudup as Mister Fantastic is....fantastic (I actually think it's the best Mister Fantastic this round). Adrian Pasdar as Mister Fantastic is awesome as well; he'd make a good Doom too. Stephen Colbert as Mister Fantastic is brilliant.

So far I like all the casts. I think Bluebeast's cast is near perfect.

Last edited:
I know.

People, it clearly states you can only cast the people the person wants casted. He wanted the Fantastic four, plus Doctor Doom. That's five people.

Why people casting all these extras, I do not know.

I guess just disregard the extra cast choices.

Doom's is probably best so far. Bluebeast's was great too.

Agreed. While I think Bluebeast's Dr. Doom and The Thing are the best so far, I think Doom's Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, and Namor are awesome. Jeffrey Dean Morgan as The Thing is pretty awesome too. I thought Disorder's cast was excellent as well.

Any thoughts on mine? I threw it together kinda at the last minute.

Latest posts

Back