Dreamcasting 2010 Round # 2 - 1.21 Gigawatts!

I know I'm late....so I doubt this'll count...but I couldn't find good enough picks for my cast.

Marty McFlyBret Harrison – Not your usual first choice in mind for a lead role, but his comedic timing in The Loop and Reaper makes me think he'd be the perfect choice as Michael J. Fox's successor.

Dr. Emmett BrownAlan Arkin – Eccentric and brilliant and frantic…just like the original Doc Brown.

Lorraine McFlyAnna Kendrick – After Up In the Air, I'm hesitant to cast Kendrick in something so juvenile like this…but aside from being a promising up-and-coming actress, she just has that LOOK of Lorraine.

George McFlyJohn Patrick Amedori – Quiet and geeky and totally understated except when he needs to be. Yes, I liked him as Poot in Stick It and will continue to think of him for secondary roles like this.

Biff TannenTom Welling – If you look back to the first 2 seasons of Smallville you'll find this young actor who had potential. His name is Tom Welling. And when he wasn't playing whiny, lovelorn, woe-is-me Clark…he had this natural charm that we only caught in glimpses. But think back to when he first discovered Red Kryptonite----remember how entertaining "Carefree Clark" was? Remember how fun it was? Ok….so take that and turn the cheesy bully factor up to 10. Welling as Biff is brilliantly inspired.

Jennifer ParkerMary Elizabeth Winstead – She's hot and not even a secondary character. It could be any pretty actress. But I cast Winstead because she's vibrant, talented and pretty and totally able of embodying Jennifer if we had to see her in a bigger role like in Part 2.

Mr. StricklandKevin Pollack -- I love seeing Pollack show up randomly in films. I think he'd really have fun and expound on the bit part of Strickland.

And in making this remake, I'd adjust the time periods by having it take place now and have Marty go back to 1985. That, I think, would be fun to see Marty try to handle the excessiveness of the 80s as opposed to the conservative 50s.

Last edited:
Round's over, so vote away! I'm going to include Doom's cast for a little more variety, but more importanly because it's a great cast.

Cast
Langsta
SSJmole
Doom

Pitch
No one!

Voting ends in 2 days.

Latest posts

Back