Dreamcasting #21: TEEN TITANS!

Dr.Strangefate Has Got
THE TEEN TITANS

TTitans1.jpg

Robin - Tim Drake - Gregory Smith
Smith is best known as the lead on Everwood, playing the moody pianist Ephram Brown... He put a lot of work into that role, even in the ****tier episodes across the four seasons. The dark brooding with bits of lightness are where I see Tim Drake in him. Tim is the leader of this new team of Titans.

Wonder Girl - Cassandra Sandsmark - Kristen Bell
Geeky Girl who can kick *** in love with a Superboy? Finds out she can kick *** extra hard and does? I think Bell is perfect. The movie I think would take more from her developing confidence in herself and her powers (themes from Young Justice)... She'd be living in the shadow of Donna Troy who is a real no-nonsense Warrior. Donna does NOT approve of Cassie joining the team, she thinks she needs to earn it more.

Superboy - Conner Kent - Teddy Dunn
Based more on the Duncan Kane of Season Two of Veronica Mars, where he's more of a human being and less of a mopey violent crazy mccrazypants. Conner is a bit of a goof, but he's got depth when he needs to have it... He's also a stocky farmboy type. Which Dunn fits...

Kid Flash - Bart Allen - Frankie Muniz
I'm kind of expecting people to be a little against this casting, but what I see in Bart especially when he turns into Kid Flash is this intense desire to be respected as a part of the Flash legacy. He's pushing against feelings of inadequecy, but he's also the funny, light-hearted member of the team.

Cyborg - Vic Stone - Leonard Roberts
Roberts has got the whole mentor thing down, i think, and would interact well with both members of the new team and the members of the old team. He would be the one to get the team together, though Robin would take leadership soon thereafter.

Raven - Rachel Roth - Nora Zehetner
Even though TOG stole her, I still think she works better than anybody else I could work out. Also: I made the picture strip ages ago, and I wasn't about to change it for anybody.

Changeling - Gar Logan - Shawn Ashmore
Beast Boy is a ****ty name. Honestly, I've never been a big fan of the character, and I think he only works when he shows his serious side, especially now that he's not just a little kid anymore. Shawn Ashmore I feel could work with the aspects of the character that I like and keep the funny lines to Bart and Roy.

TTitans2.jpg

Nightwing - Dick Grayson - Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Dick's a bit more put together than Tim, and smiles a bit more. He's still a very serious person, but has faith in Tim and supports the new team. He's best friends with Roy, and I cast these two based on how I think they'd work off each other.

Arsenal - Roy Harper - Seth Green
Roy is the Joker of the original team... He's had his problems, namely a pretty nasty Heroin addiction that got him kicked off the original team temporarily, but now he's back on his feet. He supports the team, and is amused how their dynamic mirrors that of the original five.

Tempest - Garth - Mike Erwin
He was actually the voice of Speedy in the animated series, but he's got the look of an underwater prince type guy... He's sexy, he looks the part, he can act, and he can swim. Woot. I think he'd get a lot of crap for going by Aqualad way back when.

The Flash - Wally West - Neil Patrick Harris
I've pushed this before, and I think this works especially well in conjunction with the rest of the older titan cast.

Donna Troy - Eliza Dushku
I'd play Donna as more of the warrior than the diplomat. She takes her role seriously, and has lost a lot of her fun side after the original Titans disbanded... Eliza would help define this version of Donna, who would probably be a lot more like Artemis than Wonder Woman in personality. She actively disaproves of Cassie joining the Titans.

2552_full.jpg

Deathstroke, The Terminator - Slade Wilson - Viggo Mortensen
Once I considered him I couldn't think of anyone else. Imagine him in that picture with the eye-patch... Then imagine him with a sword.

There's some really great casts this round. Nice job guys.

See, Doc did what I wanted to do.

Cast them in their roles now, the more current members and some of the older ones.

And I'm unsure since you didn't cast the set people. You did but didn't. I don't have a problem with it. I like when the cast can really be open to anything.

You have my vote anyway.

See, I've never been a big fan of Starfire, and if she would be in it, they'd probably just get some supermodel who would take attention away from the real crux of the story... I took her hotheaded personality and grafted it onto Donna Troy (since its basically just an Amazonian personality + Space Powers).

Terra I considered casting, but decided that I wouldn't just want to do a movie about The Judas Contract... If she'd be in it, it would be a flashback.

And Brother Blood bores me as a villain...

Pass.

I know too little of the property. Could care less about the characters. And hate trying to cast teens and early 20-somethings.

Ah well....onto my Astonishing X-Men cast.

see, that i would take part in. im waiting for a pun max, young avengers or she hulk dreamcast.

I would totally be psyched for She-Hulk. I was a major fan of the old John Byrne run, but probably an even bigger fan of Dan Slott's work. If we do DO a round, could we please base it on the first 12 issues?

She-Hulk is Ally McBeal, if Ally McBeal didn't suck.

She-Hulk is Ally McBeal, if Ally McBeal didn't suck.

Ally McBeal was great tv. Well until after larry left. The last season with the kid and Jon Bon Jovi did suck however (even if Christina Ricci was in it) But season 1-4 was great. Funny with moments like the dancing baby and of course anything with Richard Fish and John "The Biscuit" Cage together 9 times out of ten is gold.

It could also be sad like billys death or the episode where the transvestite prostitute Stephanie was in it.

But sucks it did not. Only ones that sucked were season 5 and the spin off Ally.

Ally McBeal was good when it balanced the crazy with the dramatic.

But then it became an instant sensation because of the crazy and started piling on too much of a good thing, kind of like how Jack Sparrow became less awesome in the Pirates sequels once they realized what gold he was.

In the end, Ally McBeal started getting nutty for nutty's sake and totally lost its mind. Don't get me wrong, there were still some good nuggets in there, but generally speaking it became two legs short of a chair.

But mmm... Ellen Page. :drooling:

hard_candy_060712073235996_wideweb_.jpg

But mmm... Ellen Page. :drooling:

hard_candy_060712073235996_wideweb_.jpg

remember I cast her first! others are copying my pick of her just sticking her in diffrent positions ......... wait that sounds so wrong :lol:

Is Ellen Page 18 yet so I can stop hating myself for being a dirty old man?

EDIT: Apparently she's 20. Phew. I can now cancel out the last 2 years of feeling like a dirty old man.

Last edited:
Is Ellen Page 18 yet so I can stop hating myself for being a dirty old man?

EDIT: Apparently she's 20. Phew. I can now cancel out the last 2 years of feeling like a dirty old man.
Yeah, she's 20.

Still makes me feel dirty.

But I like it that way.

Seeing her in Hard Candy makes me feel less dirty.

Okay, maybe not.

But dirty in another way.

Latest posts

Back