Dreamcasting #30 - Marvel Knights

Marvel Knights
Take Back the Streets

Taking place throughout Manhattan, crime has risen drastically as several key mob bosses have staked a claim on the city hoping to take control. Deep in the heart of Hell's Kitchen Matt Murdock (Daredevil) seeks redemption for the death of his former girlfriend Elektra. As the Kingpin has been let go from jail and acquired his top assassin Bullseye again a full fledged war against Daredevil is being waged. The introduction of Russian spy Natasha Romanoff (The Black Widow) only brings more questions to Matt as he seeks to protect his city.

Operating out of Harlem, local Hero for Hire, Luke Cage, uses his extraordinary superhuman strength and diamond hard skin to protect the people of the streets. Starting a family with his girlfriend Jessica Jones, Cage attempts to clean up the streets by getting rid of Croatian criminal Zebediah Killgrave (The Purple Man) and drug mover Willis Stryker (Diamondback). Learning that Killgrave has Jessica in his possession and control her and everyone else's actions, Cage turns to local hero Danny Rand (Iron Fist), who has an amazing ability to focus his chi and shatter iron with his bare hands.

Arriving in Chinatown, master of Kung Fu, Shang-Chi arrives to escape the tyranny of his father Fu Manchu, a gang leader in China. Learning that his father has come to America to expand on his criminal empire, the Master of Kung Fu uses his abilities to tear through his father's men and protect the innocents of Chinatown.

Arriving in Manhattan to bring his war to the villains of New York, Frank Castle picks up where he left off by going after the rising crime leader Billy Russo (Jigsaw.) While here he encounters the schizophrenic vigilante Marc Spector (Moon Knight.) Initially trying to kill each other, the two vigilantes realize they are allies and begin cutting a path of blood and destruction through Jigsaw's operation including his main assassin Barracuda.

The heroes of each story put the pieces of their respective mysteries together and realize that the mob organizations are planning a takeover of the city with a final gang battle in the middle of New York City. Each storyline comes together as the heroes unite to fight off the assassins of the crime lords of the city and put an end to the violence in New York City.

The Knights

Matt Murdock, Daredevil: Adrian Pasdar
0000009743_20060920164248.jpg

In order to play the tragic lawyer turned vigilante you need someone who can play the reluctant hero very well. Pasdar played that character very well in Heroes. You can see him as the main hero of the story who can't catch a break.

Natasha Romanoff, the Black Widow: Yvonne Strahovski
2042777805_b1bbe45682.jpg

In order to play the sultry Russian, Strahovki would need to play off the badass CIA agent she played in Chuck. Even though she's Austrailian she can pull off accents very well and is fluent in several languages. She'd be able to play with Murdock's emotions while trying to get the job done.

Luke Cage, Hero for Hire: Tyrese Gibson
underworld14011106.jpg

The only family man of the entire gorup, Cage needs someone who's imposing physically and can play the happy guy as well. Gibson's up for the role in the actual film adaptation and it's a good choice for him to play Cage.

Danny Rand, the Iron Fist: Paul Walker
249153.jpg

While Iron Fist would have the whole Heroes For Hire thing going for him and Cage he would essentially be a supporting character to Cage. Nevertheless, Walker's the right choice to portray Rand because he's got that cocky millionaire attitude going for him and he's played the buddy part before to Gibson in 2 Fast 2 Furious.

Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu: Takeshi Kaneshiro
409066332_6832d4c59b.jpg

Shang-Chi's hard to portray because he's the lone figure in his story. While Murdock and Cage both have great supporting characters in their stories Chi's got to carry his storyline all by himself. He needs to have a spirituality to him that makes it seem as if he's tortured with the idea of being free from his father or taking the fight back to him. Kaneshiro's prooved that he can channel his inner demons with his role in House of Flying Daggers.

Marc Spector, Moon Knight: Mark Wahlberg
mark.wahlberg.jpg

Spector's an interesting character in the fact that he's a total nutjob. While Daredevil where's the costume because it's effective for what he's trying to acheive Moon Knight where's it because he thinks it represents the spirit of Khonshu. Spector would have interesting moments with Castle switching back and forth between personalities. If Mark Wahlberg can chanell that toughness he brought to movies like the Departed and Four Brothers he's a great Moon Knight.

Frank Castle, the Punisher: Joaquin Phoenix
WEOWNTN_DOMPK_18_009.jpg

Frank Castle's story is very different from a character like Luke Cage's in that he's got nothing to loose and doesn't restrain himself from letting out all of his anger and emotion into wrong-doers. Even with his badass persona he still has a sad, demented part inside of him. Joaquin Phoenix can play these cahracters with his hands tied behind his back.

Jessica Jones: Emily Deschanel
Emily_Deschanel.jpg

In order to play the hard nosed investigator girlfriend of Luke Cage you should probably just call the hard nosed investigator from Bones. Plus Gibson and Deschanel are such an unlikely couple it's perfect.

Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD: Jack Coleman
jack-coleman-noah-bennet-hrg-horn-rimmed-glasses-heroes-5.jpg

This is a different Nick Fury than the one shown in the Ultimates. This is a Fury that goes to any length in order to get the job done but doesn't compromise his morals in order to get there. Fury would act in the shadows, giving orders to Romanoff and playing events behind the Knight's backs in order to predict outcomes.

Bluebeast's casts never disappoint me.

What I like about his casts is that he seems to adopt the same principle and train of thought ourchair and I use when casting. He makes realistic casts. Not just a list of "who looks the most like the comic character" or "who the hot name in Hollywood is". But actual ensemble casts who seems like they'd have actual chemistry and not studio driven publicity.

...and...

Frank Castle, the Punisher: Joaquin Phoenix
WEOWNTN_DOMPK_18_009.jpg

Frank Castle's story is very different from a character like Luke Cage's in that he's got nothing to loose and doesn't restrain himself from letting out all of his anger and emotion into wrong-doers. Even with his badass persona he still has a sad, demented part inside of him. Joaquin Phoenix can play these cahracters with his hands tied behind his back.

Are you serious!?!?!?! That's mucho insane-o crazy funktastic~!!!!11!!1~!

Aside from the age thing. But if you updated his background to portray a veteran from the first Gulf War or even maybe the early start of the post-9/11 war on terror.....then it would totally fit.

I can't decide which one I love more:

Compound's Javier Bardem......my Kurt Russell.....or Bluebeast's Phoenix?

God I want a Punisher MAX round so bad!

I'm ready for the next round. I'm kind of disappointed with my cast this round. next round mine should be better. i do like jeffrey dean morgan as nick fury though.

No one besides ourchair liked my Marvel Knights? I thought it was good.

The Bosses-

I'd also like to point out that I see this movie as a way to get as many crazy D-List villains spotlight in any way possible. So I'm going to revolutionize the bosses and give them plenty of assassins to work with.

Wilson Fisk, the Kingpin: Clancy Brown
clancy-brown-dude.jpg

The first and foremost thing that Wilson Fisk will do is remind you that it's him that owns the streets. He played the publicly friendly buisnessman turned rogue Lex Luthor perfectly in Superman and Justice League. Plus Clancy's a huge guy. I can't see why he wouldn't be great at this.

Zebediah Killgrave, the Purple Man: Jason Flemyng
quatermass1_gal.jpg

Zebediah Killgrave might be one, if not the creepiest Marvel comics villains of all time. He's at opposition against Cage and captures Jessica Jones in order to grab his attention. In order to portray the sadistic serial killer and rapist I went to Jason Flemyng of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. The man just seems to have the creep factor that would be necessary to play the Purple Man.

Billy Russo, Jigsaw: William Fichtner
prison-break-william-fitchner.jpg

For the Punisher's main bad guy you need someone who'll be able to scare the crap out of you even without the facial deformities. If you watch anything that Fichtner's in you know he's a do everything for a goal kind of guy. Just watch Prison Break.

Fu Manchu: Ken Watanabe
ken_black_suit_closeup.jpg

Eh. It might be kind of cliche to put Watanabe in the role of Chinese dictator war lord. But if you think about it he's got that edge necessary to play the monster that is Shang-Chi's father.

FACT!

I also took some time out to actually assess any possible idea that the actors DSF used could actually play the roles.

Zac Effron --- has no soul and probably wouldn't hesitate breaking a man's arm or kicking him in the throat if he knew kung-fu. And I would totally have Effron playing Chi as a white boy who thinks he's asian.
Shang-Chi: "**** you, man. I AM Asian, my mother's mother was Chinese!!!"

Last edited:
And finally, the Assassins-

Bullseye: Jason Statham
statham-i.jpg

As the top hired gun in the world Bullseye's trying to get back his reputation after having ihs *** handed to him by Daredevil. The man's a freak fighter and the most calm out of all of the assassins. I pick Jason Statham to play the ruthless mercenary out for Daredevil's blood.

Barracuda: Idris Elba
idriselba8.jpg

A mercenary of the highest ammount of badassery, Barracuda is hired by Jigsaw to maim and kill Frank Castle in any way possible. He's tougher than anyone else in the world and is possibly the worst thing the Punisher's ever gone up against. I liked Idris Elba for his role in American Gangster for this one.

Willis Stryker, Diamondback: Common
CommonFindingForever.jpg

Diamondback is the one of the few villains with history with one of the Knights. As Luke Cage's former friend he's got a lot of anger in him. Going against the guy who sold out to help his neighborhood. I think Common's actually a good actor from what I saw in American Gangster and Smokin Aces. I think he can play the up and comer of the drug scene easily.

Vincent Patililo, Leap-Frog: Michael Imperioli
thesopranos2.jpg

This would be a Leap-Frog very different from the one in the comics. Instead of going around dressed up in a frog suit he's a member of the local Italian mob who's pissed off at all of these 'freaks' trying to take over New York. He'd only side with Jigsaw after he revealed his mutant ability to leap superhuman distances and use super strength. Michael Imperioli from the Sopranos would able to play the mob schemer well.

The Enforcers: The Enforcers would be very different than the ones seen in the comics. They would still be the Kingpin's top assassins but would have very different motives and backstories.

Daniel Brito, Fancy Dan: T.I.
ti-335a071107.jpg

The youngest of the Enforcers, Daniel Brito always wanted to make a name for himself and be something big. With his older brother Ox looking after him he uses his skill with twin pistols to elevate himself to the top of the murder buisness. Another person from American Gangster, T.I. showed that he had some acting skill and could play the obnoxious Enforcer.

Raymond Brito, Ox: Jamal Duff
jamal-duff.jpg

The older and gargantuan brother of Fancy Dan, Ox is bright enough to know that his brother needs to get out of the game, but not smart enough to just make him. Ox comes off as more sensitive than the rest of the Enforcers but is the most ferocious in a fight. Jamal Duff plays big tough guys pretty well because that's what he essentially is.

Jackson W. Brice, Montana: Chris Pine
cpver1_02.jpg

The final member of the Enforcers is very different in that he comes from the deep South and came to New York to make a name for himself. Never holding back his rascism from his fellow Enforcers he just uses them as a means to an end. But with his skills with a whip and technology Montana's a threat to the Knights. I'd like Chris Pine to chanell that insanity he showed in Smokin Aces to play the third Enforcer.

All right I believe that's all of the casts so put in your votes now. Your choices are:

Mole
Langsta
DisorerIntheHouse
Compound
DAARKKNIGHT
Victor Von Doom

I like Phoenix as Castle. The only problem I see is looks. He seems on the manicured side whereas Castle is sandpaper. It's not a big problem really because i could see him easily playing a mind****ed Castle.

EDIT: Also, I think you're black widow pick would work better if you used Yelena Bolova rather than Natasha. Personally I would have gone with Famke Jansen for Natasha. *dreams of Goldeneye*

Last edited:
Well, that was certainly unexpected. I was sure that Disorder had this in the bag, honestly.

And now I feel like a tool, as well. I must confess; I didn't vote in this round. I was terribly busy over the previous week, and I missed the polling dates.

Anyway, i'll have a new round up, within the hour. And it's gonna be a MAJOR title that (surprisingly) hasn't been given the Dreamcasting treatment yet, considering its relative popularity...

(Also, it couldn't possibly be more different from this round, come to think of it...)

So, when do the rights to Spider-Man and Daredevil pass back over to Marvel Studios?

Because, once Avengers is wrapped, I think rebuilding the street level franchises towards a Marvel Knights film could be totally badass.

Spider-Man, Daredevil, Punisher, Dr. Strange, Cloak and Dagger. and a nod of the head to the Runaways film.

So, when do the rights to Spider-Man and Daredevil pass back over to Marvel Studios?

Because, once Avengers is wrapped, I think rebuilding the street level franchises towards a Marvel Knights film could be totally badass.

Spider-Man, Daredevil, Punisher, Dr. Strange, Cloak and Dagger. and a nod of the head to the Runaways film.

Spider-man I doubt for years as Sony is already planning 4 and with the success of 1-3 I think Marvel will keep them at sony

Latest posts

Back