Dreamcasting #6 - NEXTWAVE!

I actually have choices for Y The Last Man. You should have picked that.

NEXTWAVEcast.jpg

Monica - This one was especially tough. Unfortunetly, there aren't many talented female African Americans in hollywood. But I was watching CSI the other day and thought she did an excellent job. It's still pretty flimsy, but the best I can come up with.

Tabby - Elisha Cuthbert- Think about 24. Who's the most annoying, girly, thick-headed, blond chick in the show? I rest my case. I could totally see her with explosion powers and bubble gum.

Aaron Stack - Jason Lee- My name is earl? His View Askew movies? I think he may be able to pull of the misanthrope of Aaron. My first choice would have probably been Eckhart, but I'm trying to distance myself from the choices of others (Doc Comic).

Elsa - Lena Headey- Her 300 performance nails it for me. She has the accent, and clearly kicks ***. Dye her hair red and we have a winner.

The Captain - Brandon Routh- I find this choice to be hilarious. Having the guy who has now been immortalized as playing superman also play a character who's an over-the-top parody of generic Superman powers? Despite my gripes with SR, his acting was solid and I think he could play the part. I'll probably be torn apart for this choice, but Routh it is.

General Dirk Anger - Bruce Campbell- I'm sorry, but I cannot imagine ANYONE else playing Dirk Anger. Crazy? Depressed? Misogynistic? Bulimic? Sadistic? Campbell could pull it all off. It would seem that the general consensus would be that he would be best for the roll. There is a reason for this.

Wow so people agree that my General Dirk Anger - Bruce Campbell was a good pick as everyone else seems to have it :lol:

Nextwave.jpg

Monica Rambeau - Tracie Thoms - I'm surprised nobody has pointed this out yet... Anyone who's seen Grindhouse, or hell, even Rent, knows that Thoms has the domineering leadership role down pat, and I think she'd bring a hell of a lot to the role.

Tabby Smith - Mandy Moore - If you've seen Saved! you know that she's not one of the pop star girls who can't take a joke. She loved making fun of her character type, and plus, she's one of the teenybop stars of the late 90's early 2000's... Imagine her chewing gum in a tight pink dress, big boots, and some bubble-gum, and blowing **** up.

Aaron Stack - Alan Tudyk - Wash from Firefly. He just plays the role cold as hell, suddenly launching into his rants of hatred against the fleshy ones. He's all sorts of comedy, and played a much more straightlaced character in season 2 of Arrested Development, and I think he'd be the perfect guy to find the balance between funny and robotic coldness

Elsa Bloodstone - Kate Beckinsale - Lena Headey would be a good choice if she was a few years younger... We need somebody who's got the right age, the right look, and somebody who could kick ***? The star of Underworld and Van Helsing knows her horror movies, and with an amazing script, I know she'd shine past her pretty exterior.

The Captain - Johnny Knoxville - This one gave me the hardest time. He's supposed to be pretty pathetic... A drunken nuisance who shouldn't ever have gotten superpowers... So I think drunken nuisance, and I think obnoxious, and I think Johnny Knoxville.

Gen. Dirk Anger - Bruce Willis - Bruce Campbell would be great, but I think it would cheapen the character a bit to let him get TOO over the top... Let me clarify. Imagine a stern eyed Willis taking everything he's saying seriously... But still saying all the crazy ****ing Rediculous things Dirk Anger would say. Then as he goes crazy, I think Willis could portray a ****ing crazy lunatic running the Aeromarine into a floating island more effectively than Campbell...

The Voice of Devil Dinosaur - Jeremy Irons - The voice of Scar from the Lion King coming from inside a giant red Dinosaur in a fancy suit. 'Nuff Said.

I'll load one of them picture lines in a moment...

Last edited:
Dean and I both pointed out Tracie Thoms would make a good Monica, only I didn't know her name and he knew her as "the black chick". :D

I cannot imagine a live-action NEXTWAVE.

I wish people would make more entries themselves and not just decide to totally agree with what someone else posted.

I'm not directing this to anyone in particular....I'm just saying that we're on page#2 and the only 2 actual entries we have are Doc's and Mole's. I chose this property over another prospect (Y-The Last Man) because I thought this one would be more accessible and that more people read Nextwave rather than Y. I'm sure more will be coming....but still.....
Well, still... It's a clear sign that even if people haven't been posting their picks, they're VERY interested in this round, as compared to the other rounds. That's a good sign, IMO.

And what do you know, as I type this, we now have FOUR entries: Doc Comic, DSF, Wade and Mole! That's great! Count the fact that I'm obviously going to add mine, that's FIVE casts fo sho! (Not counting your own non-compete entry)

I think that black chick from Grindhouse would make a good Monica.

Nextwave.jpg

Monica Rambeau - Tracie Thoms - I'm surprised nobody has pointed this out yet... Anyone who's seen Grindhouse, or hell, even Rent, knows that Thoms has the domineering leadership role down pat, and I think she'd bring a hell of a lot to the role.

LIES!

I think Doc has the best choices yet.

Oh My Warren Ellis!

Now those are some awesome choices. I am actually tempted to forego the waiting until the end of the round and post mine.

GottabestrongGottabestronGottabestrongGottabestrong

I gotta say....I'm liking DSF's choice the most right now....but I think it's because he somehow bribed Warren Ellis to power on his Thought Extractor and pick my brain. He has 5 members that I either picked or were in my final runner-ups.

I've also been giving some thought to what Moony said even before he posted it. I really don't think the absurdity of Nextwave could be captured by live action and I was playing around with some voice actors for the roles.

Good show all........

I've also been giving some thought to what Moony said even before he posted it. I really don't think the absurdity of Nextwave could be captured by live action and I was playing around with some voice actors for the roles.
I mentioned this a few rounds back when I established game rules for this Dreamcasting thing, but you must specify what medium the property will be in --- TV series, feature film, animated, live-action, etc.

That's why Ex Machina was specified as a TV show, with the implicit assumption being that you can't choose actors who are trying to focus on their film careers over TV.

The only reason I haven't opted to name a round as an animated feature or series, is 1) I think it might inhibit participation and 2) I'm a REALLY REALLY big elitist about voice casting.

I mentioned this a few rounds back when I established game rules for this Dreamcasting thing, but you must specify what medium the property will be in --- TV series, feature film, animated, live-action, etc.

Oh yeah no. I saw that. While this round is strictly live-action big screen---the project is just so rich that it could be done several different ways.

Since my choices are already locked in---the voice casting thing was just a little personal side project I'm working on at random. Nothing'll actually come of it.

From Doc Comic, via IM:

Since certain people have harassed and spammed me across various forms of communication, including IMs (enough so to make me have to get a new screen name), I will not be returning to Ultimate Central. I'd rather live peaceful than to be continuously spammed with messages. If I happen to win the Dreamcasting round, please give the runner-up the default win. Thank you all, and I really did think it would work this time. XOXO, Doc Comic

cheeeezus...

Seriously, somebody is being a bit of a Drama Queen here...

And we all know that he's not going to be the Doctor who wins this round. Hehe.

EDIT----------

Doc Comic through AIM said:
I'm not being a drama queen. JTG has spammed with IMs for literally half of the night and he's even spammed with telegrams on Nation-States. I'd rather be able to talk to my friends in peace than to hounded over some stupid forum drama.

Seriously, JTG's attacks on Doc Comic outside the boards warrant a permanent ban (go to NationStates, see for yourself). Doc Comic's bigoted attacks towards Skotti on and off the board should also warrent a permanent ban, and take the decision of whether he'll be back out of his hands. Forgive me for overstepping my bounds, but I feel something should be said, and not privately, because this is a situation where these people need to be made an example of. JTG is a provocateur, and he's always been and now I think he's finally crossed a serious line here in basically stalking a member he doesnt agree with. JTG is the textbook case of how NOT to handle board disagreements, and we've known that for ages and the fact that he's still around almost condones his behavior in the past and today. He's not going to grow up and make civilized arguments and we ALL know it.

In Doc Comic's case, its little comments on Nation States like "HA! Skotti voted me the Greatest UC Villain. It's because she has a penis. VOTE FOR DOC. GREATEST UC VILLAIN EVAR11!!!~!!!" that almost make JTG's actions understandable. He's shown himself to be a divisive prick of a member who is trying to build himself up by putting his peer down in a way that's insulting not only to Skotti, but to ALL of the members of this board who are just trying to have some reasonable conversations about Comic Books and the various things we care about. The second that sort of hate introduces itself on a board, or even on an extension of the board (the quoted section went on in the "Ultimate Central" region of Nation-States), the environment is prone to change, people try to take sides and resentment spreads. We joke and we prod at one another but to be such a ****ing ******* is absolutely unforgivable.

They are both being selfish little babies here, quoting myself from Nation-States.

Ban me if you need to, just don't delete the post.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back