Dreamcasting: Adaptations #13 - Pride of Baghdad

Damnit, I cast this while I was sleeping last night, but I've forgotten it all now... :(

Pride of Baghdad

Ok i've not read this but I figured very few casts why not try it. I would post pictures of who I choice but in this what they look like is irrelevant. I'm sorry if my picks are too wrong or too "disney" feel to them but I thought no harlm in trying

Zill – Scott McNeil – He was the voice of Piccolo in the Ocean dub of DBZ , He was also Wolverine in X-Men: Evolution , From reading up on the character I imagine this lion having the gruff and rough voice of Wolverine from Evolution so I had to pick this actor.

Noor – Amanda Bynes – she has a young sounding voice but it also sounds soft and caring like a mother in an animated film should. I chose her as well because I know she done voice acting before and didn't want to cast people who have not.

Ali – Brendon Baerg – this is for his voice as thumper in Bambi II , I thought it could well on a little lion cub , might not be how the voice is meant to be but I liked this choice

Safa -Joan Lee – Madame Web
– In the 90's Spider-man cartoon , That same voice I think could work because the character from what I read seemed to have similar qualities as Madame Web from that cartoon

Fajer – Jeremy Irons – Imagine scar's voice on a evil bear and there you see my logic here.

Noor – Amanda Bynes – she has a young sounding voice but it also sounds soft and caring like a mother in an animated film should. I chose her as well because I know she done voice acting before and didn't want to cast people who have not.
I like how you say Amanda Bynes sounds soft and caring like a mother. Cracks me up.

a mother in animated films! :lol:
Even if I didn't know the voice I was listening to in an animated film was Amanda Bynes, I'd probably be able to identify her (for I am oddly renowned for my ability to identify voice overs) and as such, would never be able to reconcile that crazy girl from All That with a proud jungle mother.

But on a Nickelodeon related note, I wish people would use Kenan & Kel more. Not Kenan "I'm Such A Big Shot On SNL Even Though I Kinda Suck" Thompson but Good Burger Kenan Thompson and Kel Mitchell.

But on a Nickelodeon related note, I wish people would use Kenan & Kel more. Not Kenan "I'm Such A Big Shot On SNL Even Though I Kinda Suck" Thompson but Good Burger Kenan Thompson and Kel Mitchell.

Who likes orange soda?

Who likes orange soda?
I don't.

But you're British, you just wouldn't understand.

I like holding you're Britishness against you... and then saying that you are lying when you say you are British whenever it feels convenient.

I don't.

But you're British, you just wouldn't understand.

I like holding you're Britishness against you... and then saying that you are lying when you say you are British whenever it feels convenient.

Oh your just upset because when Mario kart comes out on the wii you can't play it. It uses a wheel and as we know Asians can't drive and live in constant fear of giant monster attacks

I bet when cloverfield teaser came out you started to have flashbacks :lol: :lol:

Oh your just upset because when Mario kart comes out on the wii you can't play it. It uses a wheel and as we know Asians can't drive and live in constant fear of giant monster attacks

I bet when cloverfield teaser came out you started to have flashbacks :lol: :lol:
You are talking about the Japanese.

They are so short, we seem like giant monsters to them.

Which is probably why they raped us all during WWII.

That's what they do with giant monsters.

Does it matter? you all look alike so stop nitpicking :lol: :lol:
No. We don't.

Seriously.

I can understand why people mix up Koreans for Japanese, and Chinese for Thais.

But Filipinos, for better or worse, don't look very much like all the other Asians.

That's what getting raped by Spaniards, Chinese, Americans AND Japanese will do to a race that was originally of Negrito and Indo-Malay descent.

So don't joke about something you know nothing about.

And before you point to me, as an example... I am an exception because I'm a quarter Chinese.

Last edited:
So don't joke about something you know nothing about.

Actually I don't think you all look the same , I made that joke as I've seen you make it before and thought it's ok to go there. Like I make fat jokes at myself so i'm cool with it when others on here do that.

Sorry If it offended you dude I wasn't trying to offend or be nasty

Actually I don't think you all look the same , I made that joke as I've seen you make it before and thought it's ok to go there. Like I make fat jokes at myself so i'm cool with it when others on here do that.

Sorry If it offended you dude I wasn't trying to offend or be nasty
That's alright, apology accepted. :)

I don't mind mock-racist/sexist/homophobe humor, I guess I'm just particularly sensitive about generalizations that have far less of an element of truth to them than other generalizations.

That said, I just think people have to be careful about humorous generalizations about Asians simply because the region is so damn big. We're talking a continent that includes Indians, Mongolians, Russians and Filipinos.

As such, I find making darkly humorous remarks about Chinese/Japanese/Koreans as if they apply to Filipinos as nonsensical as making darkly humorous remarks about Canadians/Americans as if they apply to Mexicans and Brazilians.

That is to say, not really applicable and therefore not as funny as they could or should be.

This round ends on Friday....so far all we got are Houde, Ourchair and Mole's cast.

Get your casts in. Friday will be here before you know it.

Oh now you have to include Langsta's

No. I don't. Unless he wants to change his cast, I deem it a joke cast and want to avoid having it eligible and possibly winning as a joke.

I mean it was funny....but no need to carry further than it's gonna go.

I won't be voting as I don't know Pride of Baghdad so couldn't say if casts are good.

I'll say this though the winner will be Houde or Ourchair as I'm pretty sure people will think my cast sucked

Ok....rounds done. Time to pick your winners!

Your choices are:
Viggo Mortensen as Zill, the alpha male of the pride.

Dame Judi Dench as Safa, an old lioness, blind in one eye, who has become accustomed to captivity and views the human "keepers" as allies.

Jennifer Love Hewitt as Noor, a younger lioness, mother to Ali; she longs for freedom from the zoo.

Angus T. Jones as Ali, a young cub.

Clancy Brown as Fajer, a blood-thirsty bear.

07-prideofbaghdad.jpg

Clockwise from upper left: Gillian Anderson, James McAvoy, Susan Sarandon,
Donald Sutherland, Dominic Scott Kay and Keith David

I've chosen only actors with previous voice over experience, with the exception of James McAvoy, but that's okay because he's sexy as hell.

James McAvoy as Zill - I have always considered James McAvoy one sexy beast ever since I saw him in his gorgeous shirtlessness in Children of Dune. If only he was gay. If only I were gay. If only he wasn't married. That said, I love how he brings a mix of uncertainty and confidence in characters like The Last King of Scotland's Nicholas Garrigan and Starter for Ten's Brian Jackson.

Gillian Anderson as Noor - People remember her as the world's sexiest skeptic in 90s hit The X-Files. I remember her for her convincing portrayal of ferocious yet motherly wolf god Moro from the English language version of Princess Mononoke. Also you all probably want to hear her say, "Take me! Take me!"

Susan Sarandon as Safa - The former screen siren has now become middle-aged hippie with a steel nerves. Now she makes a living playing emotionally flexible mothers from movies like Igby Goes Down and Elizabethtown. Sarandon provided the voice of the malevolently dry humored Miss Spider from James and The Giant Peach and a demented theme park director Coco LaBouche from Rugrats in Paris.

Keith David as Fajer - If you don't know the name Keith David, you certainly know the voice. This man is all about completely destroying you with his voice alone. He's played the eponymous resurrected mercenary of Spawn: The Animated Series, the imposingly fierce Goliath from Gargoyles and about 138 other credits to his name. Oh yeah, he is also the world's scariest "Father of the Date" you'll ever meet from Something About Mary.

Dominic Scott Kay as Ali - He played Kyra Sedgwick's very special son in Kevin Bacon's 2005 directorial debut, Loverboy. He also played the young Will Turner in Pirates 3. But he's also chalked up a great mark on his voice over resume playing the vulnerable yet insatiably curious Wilbur from the most recent adaptation of E.B. White's Charlotte's Web.

Donald Sutherland as Old Turtle - Critically acclaimed for fathering Jack Bauer, he also happens to have a side gig as a critically-acclaimed actor. Currently he plays family patriarch Tripp Darling on Dirty Sexy Money. However, Donald's distinctive voice gave him the opportunity to play scientist turned iconoclastic heretic Dr. Cid in Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, making him a great choice for Old Turtle.

Pride of Baghdad

Ok i've not read this but I figured very few casts why not try it. I would post pictures of who I choice but in this what they look like is irrelevant. I'm sorry if my picks are too wrong or too "disney" feel to them but I thought no harlm in trying

Zill – Scott McNeil – He was the voice of Piccolo in the Ocean dub of DBZ , He was also Wolverine in X-Men: Evolution , From reading up on the character I imagine this lion having the gruff and rough voice of Wolverine from Evolution so I had to pick this actor.

Ali – Brendon Baerg – this is for his voice as thumper in Bambi II , I thought it could well on a little lion cub , might not be how the voice is meant to be but I liked this choice

Safa -Joan Lee – Madame Web
– In the 90's Spider-man cartoon , That same voice I think could work because the character from what I read seemed to have similar qualities as Madame Web from that cartoon

Fajer – Jeremy Irons – Imagine scar's voice on a evil bear and there you see my logic here.

Zill.jpg

Zill - Ewan McGregor

Doom had the good idea of having a cast with distinct accents. I tried to follow that for the most part. McGregor would be great for the passive male lion who later become much more forceful.

Saja.jpg

Safa - L. Scott Caldwell

Rose from Lost as the voice of experience, which is what Safa needs. She would talk to Zill like she would talk to Jack.

Noor.jpg

Noor - Jennifer Connelly

I think Connelly has a voice that makes her sound bored but not boring. And she can be tough when she needs to be.

Ali.jpg

Ali. - Noah Gray-Cabey

Noah from Heros has the voice of youth and vigor that Ali needs.

Faje.jpg

Fajer - Djimon Hounsou

Powerful and demanding voice.

Simon.jpg

Crazy Monkey - Paul Giamatti

This is my favorite, this is based off his character in Shoot Em Up. I can see him yelling nonsense at the lions.

Gets the votin'! Or die.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back