Dreamcasting Adaptations #18: I Heard You Were Dead!

DisorderInTheHouse

Rules

1. The winner of the last round becomes the moderator of the round, and thus gets to choose the property or story in question to be adapted. Winner may also declare whether this property is an animated film, or a live-action one. He must also name the core characters to be cast, which should be at least 4, but no more than 9.

2. Participants may not use actors who have played the role before in the same medium before. Voice talents may not reprise their role, nor can film/TV ones.

3. After the time period set by the moderator, the round is declared closed. People will vote via PM and send it to the moderator, who will count the votes and declare winner. Like the Ultimatization Game, you CANNOT vote for yourself.

4. The winner declared gets to choose the property in the next round

ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK

Cast:

Snake Plissken – A former United States Army Lieutenant turned criminal. Originally sentenced to life imprisonment in The New York City Maximum Security Prison he must now rescue The President of The United States within 24 hours or die.

Robert Hauk – New York City's Prison Warden and like Plissken an ex-solider. He offers Snake the chance of a full pardon if he can bring The President back alive

The Duke of New York – The self proclaimed leader of New York. Using The President to his advantage he plans escape across the heavily guarded 69th Street Bridge.

Cabbie - An eccentric Cab Driver whom Snake allies himself with.

Brain – Snake's former accomplice in Kansas City. Since being incarcerated he has made the New York Public Library his personal fortress and works for The Duke.

Maggie – Brain's girlfriend, all she really wants to do is get out of New York.

The President– The President of The United States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_from_New_York

Go for it...

**** Yeah! I'm gonna do Escape From New York here and a Big Trouble in Little China sequel over in the other Dreamcasting thread.

Escape from new york.​

Snake Plissken – Hugh Jackman – We know he can be the tough anti-hero , He also has the right look for Snake. Also he is a big enough name to get attention for the film but with out over bearing the rest of the cast.

Robert Hauk – Channon Roe – This guy can play the dark snake type. He is not that known which could be good as I think that will help people believe the character more which is always a plus.

The Duke of New York – Snoop Dogg – I may not like him but I think he is perfect for the Duke , He has that arrogance about him and the look that would be right for the character

Cabbie – Christopher Walken – I just think this choice would be cool and alow some great banter between Hugh Jackman and him that would add to the movie. Plus It's Christopher Walken what else can I say.

Brain – Dominic Purcell – I like this actor and thought I would use him as there is doubt he could pull the character off and do it well.

Maggie – Emmanuelle Vaugier, I like her and she can play independent women as well as the victim , I like this choice and think it works well.

The President– Kurt Russell – This is just a nod to the original really but at the age he is now I think he would make a great President that helps the movie.

That is REALLY an awesome cast, Mole.

I love Hugh Jackman. He's a great actor who doesn't so much as need to be in more movies so much as he really deserves to be cast in the right roles.

Christopher Walken is also an inspired touch, and has a possibly great and unique take on The Cabbie without trying to replace Ernest Borgnine's performance.

Also, plus points because this movie looks like it would actually get made.

Last edited:
That is REALLY an awesome cast, Mole.

Thanks dude

I love Hugh Jackman. He's a great actor who doesn't so much as need to be in more movies so much as he really deserves to be cast in the right roles.

I agree with this.

Christopher Walken is also an inspired touch, and has a possibly great and unique take on The Cabbie without trying to replace Ernest Borgnine's performance.

Also, plus points because this movie looks like it would actually get made.

Thanks again. I liked my Christopher Walken idea

Last edited:
Keep congratulating yourself like that and you're going to get a swell head. :p

:lol: :lol: I was agreeing with you :p

id have reversed your walken and snoop roles

That would also work , but since original Duke was black if I had done that I would of got the "The cabbie is NOT black" "The Duke is not white" replies :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Solid cast Mole. I was considering Jackman but decided he was too tall. Nice nod with Russel as the President.

ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK
Directed by Matt Reeves

Robert "Snake" Plissken - James Purefoy
A United States Army Lieutenant turned criminal. Originally sentenced to life imprisonment in the New York City Maximum Security Prison, he must now rescue the President of the United States within 24 hours or die. I think Purefoy would do a better job than Gerard Butler, who was rumored to be cast in the remake. I originally had Bale here along with him, but I decided to keep just Purefoy.
purefoy.jpg

Robert Hauk - Robert Knepper
New York City's prison warden and, like Plissken, an ex-solider. He offers Snake the chance of a full pardon if he can bring the President back alive.
rknepper.jpg

The Duke - Yaphet Kotto
The self proclaimed leader of New York. Using the President to his advantage he plans escape across the heavily guarded 69th Street Bridge.
yaphet.jpg

Cabbie - Elliott Gould
An eccentric cab driver whom Snake allies himself with.
elliottgould.jpg

Brain - David Paymer
Snake's former accomplice in Kansas City. Since being incarcerated, he has made the New York Public Library his personal fortress and works for the Duke. I'm not really sure who this "Brain" guy is supposed to be (I've only seen parts of the original), but from the original casting, as well as Mole's casting, I'm getting the impression that "Brain" is a misnomer. Oh well.
12m.gif

Maggie - Vanessa Ferlito
Brain's girlfriend, all she really wants to do is get out of New York. Ferlito, who I'm pretty sure is a New Jersey native, could pull off the Brooklynicity with ease.
vanessa_ferlito.jpg

POTUS - James Caan
The President of the United States.
James-Caan.jpg

Last edited:
ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK

Cast:

Snake Plissken – Josh Holloway - Snake was rough, but I think Lost's Josh Holloway can play the rough and tumble Plisken. He can deffinatly get the voice down.

images-2.jpg

Robert Hauk – Michael Ironside - Ever see Ironside play a man in uniform? If you have theres no question why he's playing the Military Warden of new York.

06-11-06_MichaelIronside_01.jpg

The Duke of New York – Andre Braugher - I avoided the obvious (Sam Jackson) for this and went for someone who can just extrude menace when he needs to.

Braugher_JC88095670_150x200.jpg

Cabbie - Sam Rockwell - Rockwell has show he can get eccentric or quirky with his preformances in Confessions of a Dangerous Mind and Matchstick Men. I bet you thought I was going to go to Hitchhikers on that one, didn't you?

samrockwell.jpg

Brain – Adam Baldwin - Because he rocks.

jayne.jpg

Maggie – Michelle Rodriguez - This was the hardest one for me. I went with Rodrigues because playing a character like Maggie wouldn't be too much of a stretch for her.

Mugshot__rodriguezmichelle.jpg

The President– The President of The United States - For several thematic reasons. Not just cause he rocks.

Malcolm5-1.jpg

Hmmm....when does this round end?

It's been so long since I've seen the original that I might need to go rent it again to properly ID the characters.

Latest posts

Back