Dreamcasting Adaptations #21: "...in the Study with the Revolver"

Oh, come on. We've got less than 12 hours left for this round.

Surely a few of you can slap together a reasonably inspired cast, given the info availabale.

Nobody gave me the impression that I'd chosen a dud property, when I announced it.

So why the lack of entries, so far? I honestly want to know.

No idea, I thought this was cool idea as it had a lot of leeway because of so many diffrent versions from original to cd-rom

EDIT: Awesome choices, Mole! A very different approach from Ourchair's cast, too. I can imagine all those actors playing off each other excellently; and each one seems very suited to the parts you've chosen for them.

Lloyd is a particularly ideal choice for the Einstein-inspired Plum; and while I normally find Baranski really annoying, I think it's precisely the qualities that make her obnoxious that make her a good fit to play Peacock. Cheers!

Thanks dude

Last edited:
While I like Mole's cast. . .I thought you couldn't use actors who have played the part before in a previous movie? Christopher Lloyd played Professor Plum in the 1985 version.

While I like Mole's cast. . .I thought you couldn't use actors who have played the part before in a previous movie? Christopher Lloyd played Professor Plum in the 1985 version.
Oh, ****. That's right. How could that have possibly slipped my mind.

Good call, Lynx.

I'm going to assume this was an honest mistake on Mole's part -- if I forgot it, then maybe he did, too.

I'll give him until the end of the round to change his pick, in keeping with the rules of the game. Otherwise, Ourchair remains the only legitimate contender, and wins by default.

Oh, ****. That's right. How could that have possibly slipped my mind.

Good call, Lynx.

I'm going to assume this was an honest mistake on Mole's part -- if I forgot it, then maybe he did, too.

I'll give him until the end of the round to change his pick, in keeping with the rules of the game. Otherwise, Ourchair remains the only legitimate contender, and wins by default.

Fixed it. Had not seen it so had no idea he was in it. Sorry

I feel like nobody even cares about my cast, otherwise there would be taft blasting or truck punching or something.

What happened to "Ourchair conquered this round like a Thai slave."?

(/whore)

Also, Mole, I approve of Baranski as Peacock. Anybody who gets a HITG! is under immediate consideration for my vote.

Oh ****, I can only vote for you.

Last edited:
I feel like nobody even cares about my cast, otherwise there would be taft blasting or truck punching or something.

(/whore)

Also, Mole, I approve of Baranski as Peacock. Anybody who gets a HITG! is under immediate consideration for my vote.

I like your cast, too.

I feel like nobody even cares about my cast, otherwise there would be taft blasting or truck punching or something.What happened to "Ourchair conquered this round like a Thai slave."?(/whore)Also, Mole, I approve of Baranski as Peacock. Anybody who gets a HITG! is under immediate consideration for my vote.Oh ****, I can only vote for you.

It's a superb cast. It reminds me of Bass' Indiana Jones cast, or your Ghostbusters cast. And your take on Colonel Mustard is hillarious.

Last edited:
What are the odds, huh? :lol:

:p

(/whore)

I mentioned your cast, It is awesome and I guarantee it'll win

:lol: well you could NOT vote. I do that if there is only two (including mine) and I don't like other one. This round I'll be voting for you.

and Thank you

CLUE

Mustard.jpg

Colonel Mustard - Tommy Lee Jones

Scarlet.jpg

Miss Scarlett - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Plum.jpg

Professor Plum - Jeff Goldblum

Green.jpg

Reverend Green - Will Smith

MrsWhite.jpg

Mrs. White - Demi Moore

Peacock.jpg

Mrs. Peacock - Michelle Pfeiffer

Black.jpg

Dr. Black - Christian Bale

This would be told in intercrossing flashbacks, too why everyone wanted Dr.Black dead. Think Lost.

Last line of Young Justice Issue 1?

FTW?
Also the last line of Planetary #2 (or #3. Can't remember which.)

And plus it was used at the end of an issue of Ex Machina, but I think that was a direct reference.

Sweet! The round is over, and we've got a three-way competition between:

Ourchair
SSJ Mole
Thee Great One

Do you really need me to link each individual cast? This is a relatively short thread. Ourchair's is the high-concept one; Mole's is the overwhelmingly English one; and TOG's is the all-American one with the pretty colors.

PM me your vote. Polling closes at 2:30AM Eastern on Tuesday, April 8 (when I get home from work, basically).

He has my vote, I'm going to even bother to pm.
I'm counting this vote, but I'm going to make a rule that applies to THIS ROUND ONLY, for the time being -- participants may cast their vote in public.

But everybody else must PM their vote to me, as usual, for it to be considered valid.

This is in the interest of fairness, and to give an option to those who don't want their choices to be known.

So you can go ahead and announce who you voted for, in the thread, if you please. But with the exception of Mole and Ourchair, it needs to be supported by a PM to me, in order to be included in the official tally.

Ourchair wins by a decisive margin. Congrats!

I'd like to point out that the number of votes was rather underwhelming.

Did everybody else just assume that Ourchair's victory was a foregone conclusion, and not vote? :?

This round is over. My own comments about the specific casts, after i've had a decent lunch.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back