Dreamcasting: The Remakes #2: Thunder... Thunder... THUNDER...

Hot damn! I would have been SO game for that. We oughta set up a seperate, non-competetive thread, for dreamcasting lesser-known properties.
I disagree.

Only because I prefer it when people are actually TRYING to cast in a 'friendly competitive fashion' rather than just shooting from the hip. I'd argue that everyone's casting skillz have actually gotten better BECAUSE of the game format.

I disagree.

Only because I prefer it when people are actually TRYING to cast in a 'friendly competitive fashion' rather than just shooting from the hip. I'd argue that everyone's casting skillz have actually gotten better BECAUSE of the game format.

Ourchair has a point. I mean look at Mole's choices. While he would normally have no chance up against Ourchair or Compound....he's making other people sit up and take notice at his improvements.

And yes Mole....that was a compliment. Sort of. A little. Don't get too cocky. Bring me my beer wench!

Ourchair has a point. I mean look at Mole's choices. While he would normally have no chance up against Ourchair or Compound....he's making other people sit up and take notice at his improvements.

And yes Mole....that was a compliment. Sort of. A little. Don't get too cocky. Bring me my beer wench!

Doom:heart:Mole?

I disagree.

I was emphasizing the "lesser-known properties" aspect when I suggested a non-competetive thread, because I don't honestly expect every single user to be enthusiastic about re-casting the stuff VVD suggested (Defenders of the Earth, Bionic Six, etc.), even if I know *I* would love to, personally.

Anyway, before this strays any further...

Back to the regularly-scheduled Thundercats dream-casting.... Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

I was emphasizing the "lesser-known properties" aspect when I suggested a non-competetive thread, because I don't honestly expect every single user to be enthusiastic about re-casting the stuff VVD suggested (Defenders of the Earth, Bionic Six, etc.), even if I know *I* would love to, personally.
I bet we'd all be 'sadly' surprised.

And knowing you, if you were moderator for the lesser known property in question, you'd probably come up with a way of stating that property's appeal in a fashion that's just compelling enough for non-fans to cast.

I disagree.

I agree the game format is better.

We need rules and to compete with others. Also if everyone is competing like Our said sat they get better at it. So if everyone is brining their A game to the same franchise to try and win we get alot of cool choices which let us see how people see the charracters.

E.g Dreamcasting # 9 - The New Avengers. Look at all of the choices for just Spider-man. It is kinda cool.

Last edited:
I am so disinterested in this particular project. But I didn't want it to be just Mole by default.

So here is my cast. However unispired or odd as it may be.....

Lion-O - Taylor Kitsch - Not known to many...Taylor has been one of the premiere stars of NBC's "Friday Night Lights". First off...he has the look of Lion-O. Young, athletic, already got the long hair. But if you look past the initial standard Hollywood good looks you can see in his eyes the look of determination and yet a small hint of naivete. Perfect for the role of the young leader of the gorgeous cat-people. Plus I hate Tom Welling. So there.

Panthro - Isiah Washington - I'm probably gonna catch hell for this one....but aside from his work on "Grey's Anatomy", he's actually an accomplished actor. I see Panthro not as some Sam Jackson BMF or Vin Diesel muscled-mook.....but as a kinda bad-*** that comes from sheer cockiness. I want him to be peaceful....and yet people are always messing with him, so he's got no choice but to break out the cat-chuckus and hand out ***-whuppin'. Cocky bastard. But anyways I see Washington as that kinda guy.

Tygra - Hugh Laurie - Another questionable casting choice. You want smart.....yet you want ninja. Now the ninja part aside...you're normal scientist and tech expert is always gonna be a bit "off", if you will. He'll be eccentric and always short with people because all he wants to do is go back to his work. He's got 15 different equations running thru his head and he can't really be bothered to go invisible and bullwhip someone. Oh there in the castle and attacking the kids? Fine.....he'll go. But once he's done...he's going right back in the lab and isn't to be disturbed. Dong ma?

Cheetara - Rebecca Romijn - One word keeps popping up in my head when I read this name and harken back to the cartoon. Vixen. Pure and simple. Out of all the casting choices I've made today----this one I'm most ashamed of. I hate that I keep coming back to her for so many rounds.....but I have to admit that I'm a fan of her work. She's come very far as an actress and I see her getting better with each role. So yeah....I'm not proud of it----but it works. Plus she's like 5'11". And with long legs like that I can't wait to see them at CGI superspeed.

Jaga - Christpher Lee - Seeing as how Jaga doesn't actually have to do anything but stand there all blue and stuff and tell Lion-O to get off his ***.....it's not like the role would be too strenuous on Lee. More than anything I'm casting Lee because of his old regal voice.

Snarf - Mark Hamil - Seeing as how he'd be CGI....I'm going for voice actors. And this is a whole territory that I don't wanna see Ourchair get into. Well I do....but I know he's so meticulous about VO that he'd cast this relative unknown...but would be perfect for the voice. With that said....I'm gonna go with vet comic voice actor Hamil. It'd be different from the cartoon....but it'd be great.

Mumm-Ra - Clancy Brown - Again.....Seeing as how the actual big warrior Mumm-Ra would no doubtedly be CGI....I'm going for voice and character actors. I chose Clancy because he has a bit more presence than character actor Tim Roth. Whatever....Clancy Brown.

And with that...the round is just about done. I assume voting will begin this afternoon and carry into tomorrow.

A friendly reminded to anybody who still cares -- this round ends tomorrow.

I may offer a further 12-hour extension, if people indicate that they're rushing together last-minute casts. But if not, you know all too well what the consequences are...

Mole, I sure hope you've got some decent ideas for the next round.

I doubt it. If i had to bet money I would say Doom will win.

I don't know....my choices are very uninspired. You have a pretty good chance at scoring the W.

You better get something ready.

And for the record....the remake doesn't have to be just old cartoons or old sitcoms (granted older projects work better because they're easier to cast instead of something thats practically fresh). It can be anything. You could remake the Star Wars OT if you wanted to.

Remake E.T if you want!!!!! Go crazy!!!!

Just follow the rules of the game. If you need help with the rules and guidelines just PM Ourchair, Compound or myself with what you want to do---and we'll format it up for you. At least I know I would.

I don't know....my choices are very uninspired. You have a pretty good chance at scoring the W.
I hope the round doesn't get closed too soon as I really wanted to pitch a cast for this. I'm just too busy to really be idly doing cast research these days.

Victor Von Doom said:
And for the record....the remake doesn't have to be just old cartoons or old sitcoms (granted older projects work better because they're easier to cast instead of something thats practically fresh). It can be anything. You could remake the Star Wars OT if you wanted to.
Star Trek, please oh please oh please.

Not from me. Ever. Not a ST fan at all. Of any version. That'd be the one round I don't compete in.
You'd be a fan if I had my way and made a Star Trek spin-off whose crew is entirely made up of cast members from The Shield and Veronica Mars, you churl.

Latest posts

Back