Dreamcasting: The Remakes #2: Thunder... Thunder... THUNDER...

Captain Michael Chiklis of the U.S.S. Machiavelli: "In the real world, I don't answer to you or to Starfleet. Not today, not tomorrow, not even on Cinco de MAYO!!!"

CCH Pounder as Lt.Uhura! :lol:

Can I have Tina Majorino play Scotty. For hilarity's sake?

Okay, I'm going to shoot from the hip here, so this might not be as well thought out as some of my other entries in this game.

07-dc-thundercats.jpg

Clockwise from upper left: Alec Newman, Keith David, Kenneth Johnson, Andy Serkis, John Rhys-Davies, Laura Elena Harring

Alec Newman as Lion-O - Best known as Paul Atreides, the messianic Muad'dib of TV's Dune miniseries (and its sequel Children of Dune) would channel his ability to radiate brooding intensity developed from the burden of great expectations.

Keith David as Panthro - This ubiquitous character actor brings in his experience playing ferociously noble military types from films like Platoon and Armageddon to play the cunning mechanic and hot-tempered warrior.

Kenneth Johnson as Tigra - On FX's The Shield, Johnson played Curtis Lemansky --- the relatively level-headed wall between the headstrong individualism of Shane Vendrell and the brutal leadership of Vic Mackey. As Tigra, he brings that experience to play the responsible illusionist and Lion-O's second in command.

Laura Elena Harring as Cheetara - Laura Harring is probably best remembered for her role as Rita/Camilla in David Lynch's Mulholland Drive. With her diverse resume, Harring brings aspects of maternal concern, smoldering sexuality and soulful intuition to her role as Cheetara.

John Rhys-Davies as Jaga - With his commanding vocal presence, Rhys-Davies is essentially the perfect choice to give voice to the spectral mentor... and he could play the part in live-action too.

Andy Serkis as Mumm-Ra - Before you say "cop-out!" bear in mind that Mumm-Ra is essentially a pathetic decrepit old man who hulks out into a monstrous warrior --- I tried looking at older actors to fit the bill, but most were too campy --- but it's a performance that's within easy reach for Serkis, whose talent in playing Gollum in LOTR, lay primarily in his ability to emphasize the downtrodden patheticness of the character.

David Kaufman as Snarf - David Kaufman specializes in squeaky vocal performances and is well-liked for his role as Danny Fenton in Nickelodeon's Danny Phantom. VO nerds might have noticed that he has "played Michael J. Fox" in cartoons like Stuart Little and Back to the Future: The Animated Series. In short, his entire resume makes him a great candidate to replace Robert McFadden in this role.

Okay, I'm going to shoot from the hip here, so this might not be as well thought out as some of my other entries in this game.

07-dc-thundercats.jpg

Clockwise from upper left: Alec Newman, Keith David, Kenneth Johnson, Andy Serkis, John Rhys-Davies, Laura Elena Harring

Alec Newman as Lion-O - Best known as Paul Atreides, the messianic Muad'dib of TV's Dune miniseries (and its sequel Children of Dune) would channel his ability to radiate brooding intensity developed from the burden of great expectations.

Keith David as Panthro - This ubiquitous character actor brings in his experience playing ferociously noble military types from films like Platoon and Armageddon to play the cunning mechanic and hot-tempered warrior.

Kenneth Johnson as Tigra - On FX's The Shield, Johnson played Curtis Lemansky --- the relatively level-headed wall between the headstrong individualism of Shane Vendrell and the brutal leadership of Vic Mackey. As Tigra, he brings that experience to play the responsible illusionist and Lion-O's second in command.

Laura Elena Harring as Cheetara - Laura Harring is probably best remembered for her role as Rita/Camilla in David Lynch's Mulholland Drive. With her diverse resume, Harring brings aspects of maternal concern, smoldering sexuality and soulful intuition to her role as Cheetara.

John Rhys-Davies as Jaga - With his commanding vocal presence, Rhys-Davies is essentially the perfect choice to give voice to the spectral mentor... and he could play the part in live-action too.

Andy Serkis as Mumm-Ra - Before you say "cop-out!" bear in mind that Mumm-Ra is essentially a pathetic decrepit old man who hulks out into a monstrous warrior --- I tried looking at older actors to fit the bill, but most were too campy --- but it's a performance that's within easy reach for Serkis, whose talent in playing Gollum in LOTR, lay primarily in his ability to emphasize the downtrodden patheticness of the character.

David Kaufman as Snarf - David Kaufman specializes in squeaky vocal performances and is well-liked for his role as Danny Fenton in Nickelodeon's Danny Phantom. VO nerds might have noticed that he has "played Michael J. Fox" in cartoons like Stuart Little and Back to the Future: The Animated Series. In short, his entire resume makes him a great candidate to replace Robert McFadden in this role.

Hmmmm.....not bad choices. I see what you're going for. I am particularly jealous of the Kaufman choice.

With all due respect.....we've done better. I blame mine on poor lack of inspiration and zero passion for the subject.

Hmmmm.....not bad choices. I see what you're going for. I am particularly jealous of the Kaufman choice.

With all due respect.....we've done better. I blame mine on poor lack of inspiration and zero passion for the subject.
Hey, I'm pretty proud of Cheetara, Tigra and Panthro! :D I'd probably compose better write ups and put a little more wam bham sizzle wow-ness if I wasn't so strapped for time to be on the board.

Has this ended now?

It said "Round ends at June 10 at Noon, Eastern US Time." It's now june 11th :lol:

Or have I missed something?

I'd say it has. We're just waiting for Compound to appear and make it official. Once he does that I'll shoot him a PM with my vote.

This round closed a few days ago.

PM your votes, stat -- voting ends 24 hours from now.

Actually, i'm kinda time-strapped this week, and if I end up hosting the next round of the other Dreamcasting thread, then anticipate some lags.

This round closed a few days ago.

PM your votes, stat -- voting ends 24 hours from now.

Actually, i'm kinda time-strapped this week, and if I end up hosting the next round of the other Dreamcasting thread, then anticipate some lags.
Does this mean my entry doesn't count? :D

Assuming that nobody sent me a message that couldn't reach me because my inbox was full, the overwhelming winner by a landslide is...

MOLE!

And with that news I have just recived an e-mail confirming that Immonen is on USM for only 2 arcs. At which point he and Bendis leaving. To be replaced by Card and Liefeld.

Oh yeah....this just in----hell has frozen over.

Ok Mole....your turn to come up with something. Make it count.

Latest posts

Back