Dreamcasting: The Remakes #23: What the Heck...I'll Laugh Anyway!

What does everyone think about my cast? I know I wont win but I thought my cast was great.

What does everyone think about my cast? I know I wont win but I thought my cast was great.
It kind of sucked.

Hey, you know I'd tell you I liked it if that was true.

My largest problem is that everyone feels so mismatched with each other, regardless of how 'fit' they are or are not for the role.

Anthony Hopkins just isn't old Bruce Wayne. If anything he's old Anthony Hopkins.

Glover is perfect obviously(although I've been meaning to mention to DARKKNIGHT what an inspired choice Tim Roth is), Carrie Fisher as Barbara Gordon is excellent. J.K. Simmons as Tim makes almost no sense. I've not seen your choice for Terry in anything.

DARKKNIGHT's cast is the best so far. Knocked it out of the park and clear over the parking lot.

It kind of sucked.

Hey, you know I'd tell you I liked it if that was true.

My largest problem is that everyone feels so mismatched with each other, regardless of how 'fit' they are or are not for the role.

That's cool dude.

But wern't they mismatched in the show too? An old veteran Ant-hero type and a basically a no body kid, an insane criminal / ex hero. If that makes sense. But it's cool If you didn't like it.

I would rather people said why they didn't like it like you did as I can try and improve on that.

Edit :
Anthony Hopkins just isn't old Bruce Wayne. If anything he's old Anthony Hopkins.

Glover is perfect obviously(although I've been meaning to mention to DARKKNIGHT what an inspired choice Tim Roth is), Carrie Fisher as Barbara Gordon is excellent. J.K. Simmons as Tim makes almost no sense. I've not seen your choice for Terry in anything..

I'll agree he's not an old Bruce Wayne in anything but Beyond as in Beyond he's softer a bit than say Kingdom Come and I always felt he becomes a great mentor and almost father figure to Terry. Anthony Hopkins can do that.

Cool about Carrie

J.K. Simmons as Tim makes sense to me for this as Tim was angry and bitter like most of Simmons's charracters.

Yeah I've not seen my Terry in much which is one reason I wanted that. Like superman when reeve was unknown but yet you had great actors like marlon brando making up the surrounding cast. Maybe I'm explaining that wrong

Last edited:
So what's the verdict on mine Ourchair? I don't think it's my best but I'd see it.

So what's the verdict on mine Ourchair? I don't think it's my best but I'd see it.

While you weren't asking me I think that your cast is pretty good. You're welcome for Paul Newman by the way. :wink: jk. I just can't see Josh Harnett as Terry McGinnis. Maybe, it's just me but I find him very boring as an actor. He's great in supporting roles, I just don't know if he has the charisma to pull of the part. Then again I've already told you this already.

DARKKNIGHT's cast is the best so far. Knocked it out of the park and clear over the parking lot.

Thanks. I've been waiting for a cast where I didn't embarrass myself.

I've never watched the movie, and i'm only vaguely familiar with the Batman Beyond universe, so i'm casting this mostly blind. Wish me luck!
Joseph Gordon Levitt as Terry McGinnis/Batman
I casted somebody a little older than the original character, because I agree with Mole's point that Bruce (no matter how senile or desperate he's becoming with old age) would simply not allow some inexperienced punk kid to carry on his former alter ego. Levitt has regularly played characters much younger than his actual age. Having seen his memorable performances in smaller fare like teen noir piece Brick and queer drama Mysterious Skin convinced me that he's got all the makings of a young Batman.

INDENT]​

Uh hu. Mole said that.​

Woof the Hyena Man
200px-Crocuta-hejda.jpg

Pick this Hyena and stick his face in the picture. I mean look how cute he is.
That's awesome.

*KABOOM*

I'm extending this round until the end of Wednesday.

I've been a bit preoccupied with not trying to be homeless anymore.

So this is a small reprieve for some of you who wanted to play or forgot. I'm really looking for a cast from DSF and Planet-Man.

BATMAN BEYOND

Terry.jpg

Terry McGinnis/Batman - Jensen Ackles

OldBruce.jpg

Bruce Wayne - Clint Eastwood

BarbaraGordon.jpg

Commisioner Barbara Gordon - Valerie Bertinelli

Joker.jpg

Joker - Jim Carrey

TimDrake.jpg

Tim Drake - Fredric Lehne

Dana.jpg

Dana Tan - Kristen Kreuk

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone casted Kruek as Tan. For this actrosity...you cast is null and void.

FAIL!!!!!

Dammit....my Hollywood casting director side won't allow me to disqualify this based on my own personal feelings. TOG's cast stays. :x

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone casted Kruek as Tan. For this actrosity...you cast is null and void.

FAIL!!!!!

Dammit....my Hollywood casting director side won't allow me to disqualify this based on my own personal feelings. TOG's cast stays. :x

:oops: I didn't even know that Dana was asian.

I wanted to cast Rachael Bilson. Than I didn't want to search for someone else. Houde choose her between the two.

What do you think of the rest?

So this is a small reprieve for some of you who wanted to play or forgot. I'm really looking for a cast from DSF and Planet-Man.

Basically everybody I'd cast and was planning to cast in this has already been put up there by somebody else, so doing this would feel pretty redundant(Hartnett as McGuinness, Eastwood as Wayne, Glover as the Joker, etc). Even the roles I hadn't considered yet have pretty much been done to perfection others here(Carrie Fisher as Barbara, Ben Foster as Ghoul and Ethan Suplee as Chucko, for example)

I'll certainly be voting, though.

Like Planet Man said:

....already been put up there by somebody else, so doing this would feel pretty redundant.....even the roles I hadn't considered yet have pretty much been done to perfection...

But just so I can say I did my official cast....

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

McGinnis.jpg

Scott Mechlowicz, Paul Newman, Helen Mirren, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Crispin Glover

Terry McGinnis/Batman -- Scott Mechlowicz -- Go watch Peaceful Warrior. Next!!!!

Bruce Wayne -- Paul Newman -- I thought about Eastwood...but in the end I think Eastwood is too gritty to play the former billionare playboy. Newman however has that slight touch of class. I can see Eastwood hanging out at a bar or gym in his old age calling younger muscle-bound bucks "girls". But Newman looks like he spends all his days at a cigar bar.

Comm. Barbara Gordon -- Helen Mirren -- A little bit of Shadowboxer mixed with her role in The Queen and a touch of National Treasure 2.

Tim Drake -- Philip Seymour Hoffman -- Perfect to play the jaded former Robin trying to get past his tortured past.

Joker -- Crispin Glover -- ..............no. Reason. Needed.

I literally have a 4-way tie going right now. All I need is one more vote to. I'd prefer to have more votes but 1 is all I need.

If I don't get another vote by 9am tomorrow morning, then I'm gonna get all official and make the call myself.

Latest posts

Back