DreamMovie #14 - Kamehameha... or not

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
ANIME NATION!

1. The winner of this round becomes the moderator of the next round and gets to choose the subject for the next round. Winner may also declare whether it is animated or a live-action.

2. You may use actors who have played a role before, but only if you're creating a new plot.

3. After the declared time period, the round will be declared closed and people may vote via PM to the moderator, who will declare a winner. Like the Ultimatization Game, you CANNOT vote for yourself.

4. I think this is open for two weeks.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it is...

ADAPT AN ANIME TO A LIVE ACTION MOVIE!

Last edited:
Dragonball Z – The Legend of Goku

Genre : Action / Martial Arts / Comedy

Story :

The story starts with a an introduction using a few scenes from the Bardock movie. Used in the same way Superman starts with Krypton and us seeing him come to earth. I see this starting the exact same way. Only When it comes to frieza we will not see him at all only his evil laugh as Planet Vegeta gets destroyed. This is so when the sequel happens we see frieza. Also I wanted him to be felt in the film but not shown until next film.

We see Goku land in America in the countryside. And we see him found as child and then we get a introduction to what has happened so far (Dragonball) Explaining him growing up and the history of the dragonballs

Opening credits start with – "Cha-La Head-Cha-La" playing through the opening scene. The credits are handled like Superman , Heman ect.. Where we get just the names on a background. The background I see is the Goku and Gohan flying by on the Flying Nimbus.

From there the story follows the Saiyan Saga almost perfectly with a few small changes to make it America not Japan.

Goku – Brendan Fraser – Goku needs a certain innocence to him that most actors don't have. We've seen him act tough at times too when he needs to. His child like quality like what I described is Exactly the reason I chose him for Goku.

Bardock – Brendan Fraser – This is only because Bardock needs to look exactly like goku.

Piccolo – Wesley Snipes – Think How he played Blade but green. Piccolo will mostly have make-up ad cgi blended for looks but with Wesley Snipes playing him under it. I think this works really well.

Bulma – Charisma Carpenter – We need bulma to be hot and act like a spoiled princess basically. This is where Charisma Carpenter comes in great in that role. Plus later on when the add the trunks story in a sequel she can play a more mothering Bulma.

Chiaotzu – Erik Per Sullivan – Chiaotzu is in essence still a little kid. I feel leaving the character out of the movie is a bad move but I didn't want to do him as the gay little clown. This actor seems like he play the little kid version element Chiaotzu and in a more rounded realistic way.

Chichi – Bebe Neuwirth – I wanted a woman who could be the strict over bearing chichi. Then I got I thinking and I thought Lilith! It would just work so well. Plus I think her and Brendan would be able to play of each other very well.

Krillin – Seth Green – Krillin is mostly comical so I needed a comical actor. As well as that I wanted short but not Mini-me short. Seth Green is pretty short , Short enough that short jokes made by people would still work with out him been dwarfed. Also I needed someone who could be a best friend to Brendan Fraser's goku and still be believed as a fighter. He was the only choice who matched all my needs.

Tien – Orlando Bloom – Tien is burdened with been like an older brother to Chiaotzu but still been a great fighter. It's hard to say why exactly but I think Tien I think bald Orlando Bloom.

Master Roshi – Jackie Chan – This is simply as Master Roshi is more comic relief. Jackie Chan is great is comic roles plus the whole thing of "Master Roshi was once a great fighter" is perfect with Jackie Chan because we all know his background.

Yamcha – James Marsden – I picked him because Yamcha is seen as something of a pretty boy (all be it with a scar by this point) but he's all very tough when it comes to fighting like James was as Cyclops.

Nappa – Bill Goldberg – Nappa is basically a big bald guy with a goatee who can and will hurt anyone he wants to. That describes Goldberg perfectly

Raditz – Hugh Jackman – I needed someone who when they showed up on screen you think "Ah the main bad guy is here" but then when he dies and lets you know there is two more on the way , even though you know it's coming your shocked. Plus Imagine Raditz played like wolverine and you get what I want here

Vegeta – Ray Park – I've always been pro Ray Park for Vegeta. He has the fighting experience to help out with the film plus He could handle the confident , arrogant, tough guy of Vegeta and will bring the character to life perfectly.

Yajirobe – Jack Black – Lets face it even though I hate Jack Black he pretty much is Yajirobe no contest.

COWBOY
BEBOP:

Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart

My CB movie would have an original story. It wouldn't be based off any episodes of the series or even the animated movie that was already made.

Spike Spiegel - Ben Whishaw
I chose him from his role in I'm Not There. Cowboy Bebop is obviously heavily influenced by music, especially Bob Dylan.
Ben-Whishaw-.jpg

Jet Black - Michael Ironside
Jet Black was practically based off of this guy.
fcstil_1140.jpg

Faye Valentine - Eliza Dushku
This was probably one of the hardest to cast.
63_eliza_dushku.jpg

Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV - Ellen Page
Ellen Page is perfect at playing odd, tomboyish characters.
1257087052_small.jpg

Last edited:
I like the Spike choice but remember that bebop is heavily jazz influenced, not so much on the bob dylan. I really couldn't see Ironside as Jet. i think Willis would be better suited for a tired, old man out of his element. you get a little bit of that in the beginning of the 5th element but he was younger. I think now, he'd be about the right age for the Black Dog. Especially for a scene taken from Ganymede Elegy. i think it would suit well.

Also I love moles casting. I really like Chan as roshi since he uses the alias, Jackie Chun, in one of the earlier tournaments when goku and krillin were kids. plus I think he'd look cocky in a white wig.

Cowboy Bebop
The DreamMovie

Plot: As with Langsta I wouldn't be using a pre-existing plot, but I would absolutely be forshadowing everything that went on with Spike, Vicious, and Julia, even if the later two did not appear in the film. The team would already be in place, rather than dealing with getting them all together. The film would start a lot like the series started, with them starving, and then going for a giant bounty, only to find out that they've been set in a trap of some sort, which they get out of in a generally kickass and somewhat comedic matter.

images1420403_CHRISTIAN_BALE.jpg

Spike Siegel - Christian Bale
Seriously, I can't believe it took me as long as it took to get this. It's not so much his look that sold me as his voice... Just imagine him talking cigarette in hand, being generally kickass, and then cracking a little smile. If you're only familiar with Bale as Batman, then you know he'd be good in the action bits. His other stuff proves he can play a smug bastard as well. A likable one at that.

perlman.jpg

Jet Black - Ron Perlman
Put the right facial hair on him, a scar over the right eye, and a bionic arm, and he IS Jet Black. He's got the right attitude for the part as well, and I think he'd work well off of Bale.

300px-Morena-baccarin.jpg

Faye Valentine - Morena Baccarin
Yes, I am aware she was in the only other high-profile Space-Western series of our time, but I think she'd be great in the role, in which she needs to be both commanding and sneaky when she needs to be. She didn't use her action chops on her quite so much in Firefly, but I trust she'd get the job done.

SaoirseRonan_280_423198a.jpg

Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV - Saoirse Ronan
If you haven't seen Atonement, Miss Ronan is probably the best part of the film. She is quirky and adorable, and has a rather androgynous haircut. Plus she's probably the best young actress in the business right now and I think she'd do very well as Ed.

jamesfranco.jpg

Vicious - James Franco
I need someone who could work well off of Bale, and be a bit sexier than him at the same time, and a bit more evil. I'm still thinking this over, but I am pretty happy with this casting. Plus Franco needs some more A-List work, methinks. I think he'd shine in the villain role, especially in a franchise where he's not in the shadow of his father.

Last edited:
I like the Spike choice but remember that bebop is heavily jazz influenced, not so much on the bob dylan.

The Japanese title for the Bebop movie was "Knockin' On Heaven's Door," so I was just working off of that. Whishaw has that 'fro thing going on as well.

images1420403_CHRISTIAN_BALE.jpg

Spike Siegel - Christian Bale
Seriously, I can't believe it took me as long as it took to get this. It's not so much his look that sold me as his voice... Just imagine him talking cigarette in hand, being generally kickass, and then cracking a little smile. If you're only familiar with Bale as Batman, then you know he'd be good in the action bits. His other stuff proves he can play a smug bastard as well. A likable one at that.

I originally considered using Bale as Spike, but I guess I thought he looked too...."bulky" for Spike's slender physique. Then again, we're talking about the guy who lost 62 lbs for his role in the Machinist, so I kind of regret not using Bale now. Still, Whishaw is naturally thin.

Your choice for Ed is interesting.

Last edited:
Ed needs to be young... And in general I don't think Ellen Page has the right personality of the character... A bit too laid back, and not nearly manic enough.

One Peice!

The Straw Hat Crew

Monkey D. Luffy - Shia Lebouf

shia_lebeouf-1.jpg

Roronoa Zolo - Brad Pitt

brad-pitt.jpg

Usopp - Jim Carrey

jim-carrey.jpg

Nami - Lynsey Bartilson

AngelFood18-03.jpg

Tony Tony Chopper - Erik per Sullivan (Voice)

tao4.jpg

Nico Robin - Ellen Page

220px-Ellen_Page.jpg

Sanji - Josh Harnett

josh_hartnett.jpg

Franky - Brad Garret

BradGarret.jpg

Last edited:
I like the Cowboy Bebop casts. I would definitely see either of those.

More entries people. I want Fullmetal Alchemist movies, Death Note movies, ****ing Zoids movies!

And where's Moonmaster's Americanized Akira movie?!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back