Dragonball Z – The Legend of Goku
Genre : Action / Martial Arts / Comedy
The story starts with a an introduction using a few scenes from the Bardock movie. Used in the same way Superman starts with Krypton and us seeing him come to earth. I see this starting the exact same way. Only When it comes to frieza we will not see him at all only his evil laugh as Planet Vegeta gets destroyed. This is so when the sequel happens we see frieza. Also I wanted him to be felt in the film but not shown until next film.
We see Goku land in America in the countryside. And we see him found as child and then we get a introduction to what has happened so far (Dragonball) Explaining him growing up and the history of the dragonballs
Opening credits start with – “Cha-La Head-Cha-La” playing through the opening scene. The credits are handled like Superman , Heman ect.. Where we get just the names on a background. The background I see is the Goku and Gohan flying by on the Flying Nimbus.
From there the story follows the Saiyan Saga almost perfectly with a few small changes to make it America not Japan.
Goku – Brendan Fraser – Goku
needs a certain innocence to him that most actors don’t have. We’ve seen him act tough at times too when he needs to. His child like quality like what I described is Exactly the reason I chose him for Goku.
Bardock – Brendan Fraser
– This is only because Bardock needs to look exactly like goku.
Piccolo – Wesley Snipes
– Think How he played Blade but green. Piccolo will mostly have make-up ad cgi blended for looks but with Wesley Snipes playing him under it. I think this works really well.
Bulma – Charisma Carpenter –
We need bulma to be hot and act like a spoiled princess basically. This is where Charisma Carpenter comes in great in that role. Plus later on when the add the trunks story in a sequel she can play a more mothering Bulma.
Chiaotzu – Erik Per Sullivan
– Chiaotzu is in essence still a little kid. I feel leaving the character out of the movie is a bad move but I didn’t want to do him as the gay little clown. This actor seems like he play the little kid version element Chiaotzu and in a more rounded realistic way.
Chichi – Bebe Neuwirth
– I wanted a woman who could be the strict over bearing chichi. Then I got I thinking and I thought Lilith! It would just work so well. Plus I think her and Brendan would be able to play of each other very well.
Krillin – Seth Green –
Krillin is mostly comical so I needed a comical actor. As well as that I wanted short but not Mini-me short. Seth Green is pretty short , Short enough that short jokes made by people would still work with out him been dwarfed. Also I needed someone who could be a best friend to Brendan Fraser’s goku and still be believed as a fighter. He was the only choice who matched all my needs.
Tien – Orlando Bloom
– Tien is burdened with been like an older brother to Chiaotzu but still been a great fighter. It’s hard to say why exactly but I think Tien I think bald Orlando Bloom.
Master Roshi – Jackie Chan
– This is simply as Master Roshi is more comic relief. Jackie Chan is great is comic roles plus the whole thing of “Master Roshi was once a great fighter” is perfect with Jackie Chan because we all know his background.
Yamcha – James Marsden
– I picked him because Yamcha is seen as something of a pretty boy (all be it with a scar by this point) but he’s all very tough when it comes to fighting like James was as Cyclops.
Nappa – Bill Goldberg
– Nappa is basically a big bald guy with a goatee who can and will hurt anyone he wants to. That describes Goldberg perfectly