Dropping an Ultimate Book

Which Ultimate Universe Book Should Be Dropped

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AnTwan

Okay,
I am working on my pull list for school while I am away and I am trying to figure out which books I want. Unfortunately I don't think I am going to have the cash to pull-off all of the ultimate books. I have been reading all of them for the past year for free because I worked in a comic book store and I am having a hard time deciding, especially with the UU in the state of upheaval it is about to hit, which books to keep and which to drop. So the question is if you had two books on your list and one off your list (as I am sure some of you have all none or anything in between) which would be the odd one out?

Ultimate Fantastic Four. It's boring as hell.

The problem is X-Men and FF are going to have a crossover so you need both of them at some point.

BUt USM is going to be really good again, I think, so you don't want to drop that.

USM. Books and authors don't get good again after over a year of shoddy writing, even with a great artist. And if you change your mind and want to read it, it reads better in trade anyway.

I would say USM, but the new arc had a promising start, so I'll reserve judgement for later

Um, Ultimates has the potential to be worse than all the others at this point.

I haven't read UXM since Magnetic North. We always get that in trade, and to be honest, none of them but Cable look any good. Unfortunately, I feel a need to read the other two arcs before that before I buy it, and that's just not something I need or want to spend money on right now. So, it's UXM for me.

Yeah, I am not touching Ultimates 3 with a ten foot pool unless it is the greatest story ever told... which something tells me it won't be *cough* cross-bow pistols *cough* Venom *cough* Joe Mad *cough*

It kind of sucks because I am going to be a poor college kid so I don't even know if I am going to be able to keep what I have... here is the current list.
Ultimate FF - 2.99 Ongoing
Ultimate Spider-Man - 2.99 Ongoing
Ultimate X-Men - 2.99 Ongoing
Captain America - 2.99 Ongoing
Fantastic Four - 2.99 Ongoing (As of January this will come out quarterly so no worries there)
New Avengers - 2.99 Ongoing
Astonishing X-Men - 2.99 Semi-Ongoing (Ongoing with Bianchi? Can't tell yet)

I am bare-bones as it is... I would get ASM but at three times a month I can't afford it... oh poor college kid :-( Whatever I drop I probably will try to keep up with in trades but my LCS is inconsistent about trades so we will see. Some minis and stuff I may get also, like Ultimate Origin and what not. We'll see how they turn out. Still on the fence, but I don't have to decide until the 3rd anyway (when the poll ends conveniently enough :) ) Thanks for the thoughts so far guys.

They don't let you make money for blood in Maine anymore... it's illegal. Maybe when I move down to Mass?

I guess there is always another bodily fluid I could donate for cash also...

EDIT: Damn, I got beat to the punchline

Last edited:
Yeah, I am not touching Ultimates 3 with a ten foot pool unless it is the greatest story ever told... which something tells me it won't be *cough* cross-bow pistols *cough* Venom *cough* Joe Mad *cough*

It kind of sucks because I am going to be a poor college kid so I don't even know if I am going to be able to keep what I have... here is the current list.
Ultimate FF - 2.99 Ongoing
Ultimate Spider-Man - 2.99 Ongoing
Ultimate X-Men - 2.99 Ongoing
Captain America - 2.99 Ongoing
Fantastic Four - 2.99 Ongoing (As of January this will come out quarterly so no worries there)
New Avengers - 2.99 Ongoing
Astonishing X-Men - 2.99 Semi-Ongoing (Ongoing with Bianchi? Can't tell yet)

I am bare-bones as it is... I would get ASM but at three times a month I can't afford it... oh poor college kid :-( Whatever I drop I probably will try to keep up with in trades but my LCS is inconsistent about trades so we will see. Some minis and stuff I may get also, like Ultimate Origin and what not. We'll see how they turn out. Still on the fence, but I don't have to decide until the 3rd anyway (when the poll ends conveniently enough :) ) Thanks for the thoughts so far guys.
Or download illegally.. but you shouldn't do that because that is wrong...

:shifty:

Last edited:
But seriously, you could donate plasma twice a week, it takes a couple hours each time, you can read or whatever while they're doing it. You could make an extra 50-60 bucks a week.

I've had to do it in three states so far!

Latest posts

Back