Dungeons & Dragons

I love D & D, it pains me so much to not know enough people who still enjoy or bother with it. I'm still young, but when I was around 12-14, my dad had a group of friends that always played every other Saturday and amazingly enough they let me join. I don't really have great memories of specific things, but I do remember enjoying it so much, and I believe the format we were running was a bit simplified(good thing to cause I tried reading the rules for the newer and I don't really wanna try DM anymore).

It was a lot of fun and the only supplement I've seemed to replace it with is WoW, and that I can't even currently do cause my comps a piece of junk. I really hope, I one day comes across some dedicated players. I'll play any table top that intrigues me enough. Though I do lean more towards medieval fantasy than futuristic...

Last edited:
I think that's why I miss my old group so much. We played all the time, different games, almost every day. Then, well, we lost one of us to leukemia, and we just kinda broke apart. Tho, we've recently started reconnecting on Facebook and Twitter, we're hoping to start hanging out regularly again.

That's sad to hear.

Last edited:
palpatinefk4.jpg

Although I have always been interested in D&D and RPGs in general, apart from computer game versions and being a huge Warhammer nerd for years I have only recently started playing in a proper pen n paper RPG group.

A friend invited me over for a 'games night' and I went expecting a night of X-Box etc, and suddenly boardgames were pulled out, and then a copy of the Dark Heresy Warhammer 40k RPG was brought out, we have been playing that now for a few months.

(on a side note, we have also gotten into playing the Battlestar Galactica Boardgame. Best. Boardgame. Ever.)

We tried playing some D&D and mainly World of Darkness stuff when I was a kid/teen and it never really worked out. I'm not too heartbroken about it. When I'm face to face with my friends, there's always something I'd rather be doing than that anyway.

I have done some online gaming though, and I feel it's more productive towards sharing good narrative. We abandoned rules systems a long time ago and honestly, I think it's better without dice and paper. Although, I guess you have to have a good crew for something like that.

Although I have always been interested in D&D and RPGs in general, apart from computer game versions and being a huge Warhammer nerd for years I have only recently started playing in a proper pen n paper RPG group.

A friend invited me over for a 'games night' and I went expecting a night of X-Box etc, and suddenly boardgames were pulled out, and then a copy of the Dark Heresy Warhammer 40k RPG was brought out, we have been playing that now for a few months.

(on a side note, we have also gotten into playing the Battlestar Galactica Boardgame. Best. Boardgame. Ever.)

Mmmm Dark Heresy.

My old group got me into 40K back in the day, I wound up being the resident miniature painter. I still do miniatures for people around town, almost makes me want to get back into it.

I was talking to a friend of mine today about E3. We had an idea for a cool Dungeons & Dragons video game using Wii-U

Pad player - He is dungeon master and can draw the map himself on the pad so no one sees. He can draw the enemies you fight and traps ect... too.

Players 2 to 5 - Use Wii-mote and Chuck. First they draw their respected characters on Master's pad and save. Then when playing pick their role ect.. And assign attacks to buttons.

So say warrior. Wii-mote = sword , Nunchuck = Shield. A button can be assigned as spin attack or something.

Mage. Wii-mote = wand. Nunchuck potions. A button can be fire ball , Z button summons a shield.

The idea been Dungeons & Dragons but with more of a party feel to it and no dice. It could save progress, plus creating your characters and the map , the enemies ect.. would just be fun.

You could in theory then decide a theme. Say "Comics" and enemies drawn = comic villains , the heroes = actual comic heroes using same type. Like draw a guy with claws extending down sword slot and warrior becomes wolverine.

some were outrageously bad (Marvel RPG, Synnibarr, Indiana Jones Adventures), but at the end of the day, geeks ruled.
Hey now, if that the Marvel RPG that I remember playing it was awesome for random character generation. I once rolled up a guy who could turn into a semi, time travel in that form and controlled the emotions of anyone in the trailer. I called him KC, the Sunshine Truck.

So i've got Gencon weekend after next and i'm looking for suggestions on what games to try out. Anyone have any for me?

Show me the line up for Gen Con and I can make some suggestions. :D

See that's the problem. GenCons website is horrific. To even see a list of events you need to register through a second website (genconreg.com) and then its just a massive list. They've got every event in the world in one spot. You can search it, but I'd like some suggestions on what to search for.

Hey now, if that the Marvel RPG that I remember playing it was awesome for random character generation. I once rolled up a guy who could turn into a semi, time travel in that form and controlled the emotions of anyone in the trailer. I called him KC, the Sunshine Truck.

So i've got Gencon weekend after next and i'm looking for suggestions on what games to try out. Anyone have any for me?

KC....the Sunshine Truck??

winternet.jpg

KC....the Sunshine Truck??

winternet.jpg
I find the lack of cookies disturbing.

I'm digging through the event listings right now. I did sign up for a public playtest of a system called Crossover that... well, it does crossovers of pop culture characters.

Latest posts

Back