EARLY look at Ultimates 3 #2.

I remember thinking that the more I saw of it, the more I'd probably warm up to the idea of Loeb and Madureira on Ultimates, but yeah, this stuff is just starting to make me sick.

It appears that they're taking one of the best and most incredibly inventive superhero comics of the past ten years and turning it into what movie reviewers imagine when they negatively refer to an action movie as being like a comic book. Looking at the art, I honestly can't imagine what kind of story is going to be placed into that. It's going to look like a bunch of random covers cut together with random dialog inserted.

Blech, blech, blech.
It just feels completely random, in the same way X3 felt nothing like X1 or X2 (granted, I preferred X3 to 1&2 but even I was jarred by just how ******* different it was - I was happy, but jarred).
Absolutely perfect analogy.

And I hated X3.

What I think is good:
- Incorporating the other titles in the major event. What I think Ultimate Galactus failed (aside from the crappy ending) was it didn't impact the other books. It just felt like a side story. Compare this to major comic events like Infinite Crisis or Civil War where its events can be felt in the rest of their corresponding continuities and did not just conveniently wrap up at the end and keeping the status quo. At the very least the events of Ultimates 2 is being referred to by the other books.
- Plans for the new Ultimates team. Interesting.

What I think is bad:
- If this ends up being Ultimate Power Redux. If Jeph Loeb doesn't step up, he will be branded the man who destroys the Ultimate Universe. Making a comic an action extravaganza is only good if there is a sensible plot. My first impression with Loeb is already pretty bad.

Last edited:
I can't wait for #1 to come out; the thread for it is going to be a great read / place to comment.

The Ultimates 3 and Ultimate Iron Man 2 = ****tiness aplenty, otherwise known as "Why is this site still called Ultimate Central?"

Note: I do support the name staying the same; I think it's hilarious that the site that's "THE place for Ultimate comics discussion" hates the majority of the lineup. The irony fits right in with our sense of humor, really.

Ugh.

I hate that I'm part of the few people who actually like this and look forward to reading it. The art is pretty and looks to fill my monthly requirement of Udon-ish art (especially since they're not doing anything with it.............I miss you Street Fighter).

I'm just genuinely interested n seeing where Loeb is gonna take this. I just finished rereading "Long Halloween" and "Supergirl"....so I'm on the "I Like Loeb" bandwagon.

This is the Jeph Loeb bandwagon.

If I were talking about the Lisa Loeb bandwagon....I'd say "I Love Loeb". Because I do love that pretty little woman. Good just look at those sexy librarian glasses.

lisa-loeb-050.jpg

I'm just not thrilled at the new Hawkeye design. But I still like Mad's art.

I hate that I'm part of the few people who actually like this and look forward to reading it. The art is pretty and looks to fill my monthly requirement of Udon-ish art (especially since they're not doing anything with it.............I miss you Street Fighter).

I'm just genuinely interested n seeing where Loeb is gonna take this. I just finished rereading "Long Halloween" and "Supergirl"....so I'm on the "I Like Loeb" bandwagon.

You shouldn't hate yourself at all for liking this stuff just because a bunch of us think it's going to be awful.

Even though you're killing the comics industry.

:wink:

Seriously - look forward to it. And enjoy it when it comes out. It's what those of us who aren't wish we could do.

I'm just not thrilled at the new Hawkeye design. But I still like Mad's art.

I liked it more until I realised it was Gungrave with Grifter's mask. I'm still tempted to buy this just for Mad's art.

Ugh.

If I were talking about the Lisa Loeb bandwagon....I'd say "I Love Loeb". Because I do love that pretty little woman. Good just look at those sexy librarian glasses.

lisa-loeb-050.jpg
Lisa Loeb should be in the Ultimates.

I take back everything I've said.

This is going to be awesome.
With Amerie?
:lol:

I was going to add "And Amerie" but I figured no one would get it as when Lil Kis mentioned it, it seemed that I was the only one who knew that Amerie was a mildly popular R&B singer, even after I mentioned it several times.

I heard a rumor that Ultimate Black Panther is Nighthawk stranded in the UU after Ultimate Power.

I don't have a problem with that. Other than the implication that there's only one black hero between two universes? Oh yeah, and that Jeph Loeb is making it happen.

Now, when the hell is Marvel gonna tell us what's up with the Squadron Supreme series proper?!

Latest posts

Back