Ed Brubaker is leaving Marvel

E

Excelsior Club
I hadn't heard about this before seeing this article, but apparently Ed Brubaker is leaving Marvel.

Jason Latour (I don't believe I've read any of his work) is taking over Winter Soldier. The article says sales were slow and it was supposed to end around #14 or 15 but sales stabilized and the movies helped.

Bummer. His Captain America run is one of the all-time great comics runs (vol. 5, at least - the current vol. 6 is very boring).

He says he might return but he's working on something else right now.

I'm glad he's leaving. I'd rather see more in the lines of Criminal/Incognito/Fatale than another Captain America story. And I'd really like to see what he can do creator owned with an artist thats not Sean Phillips.

I didn't see it explicitly stated that he would be doing more creator-owned stuff. It seemed to imply it wasn't comics-related.

As for creator-owned...I get why creators want to do their own stuff. Duh. But I like good stories with characters I like. It's not easy to get into a new series. I'm all about easy.

I didn't see it explicitly stated that he would be doing more creator-owned stuff. It seemed to imply it wasn't comics-related.

As for creator-owned...I get why creators want to do their own stuff. Duh. But I like good stories with characters I like. It's not easy to get into a new series. I'm all about easy.

No, it sounds like he might be doing some TV work, which is just as exciting.

As for me, I just like good stories. ;)

Latest posts

Back