Ellis or Millar: The Better UFF run.

Warren Ellis or Mark Millar's UFF run?

• Total voters

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I'm sorry I just reread The N-Zone arc and what's not too love? Science Fiction that's more reality based due to detail descriptions. Some of the best UFF characterizations. Annihilus is way cooler than Ultimate Namor. And the Kubert on art looking back just has a better feel to me. I really don't know why Millar's run to most people was that much better. I really feel like Ellis got the whole point to Ultimizing the Fantastic Four here more so then Millar because I always felt like Millar was taking a break from the serious tone of The Ultimates to run an out of this world story (and Ellis was actually set out of this world).

Just my thoughts.

Doom is my favourite UFF arc, but I didn't really like the N-Zone arc. Probably because of Kubert's art, and Annihilus was a retard.

I like Crossover a lot, and Tomb of Namor is okay. I need to read all of President Thor and Frightful to judge properly though.

Ellis Ellis Ellis. 'Nuff said. Millar took the title and took it into the ground. The quality seriously dropped when Ellis dropped.

I like over the top fun a lot more than sci-fi.

Ellis is one of my favorite writers, but I didn't think his UFF run was exactly his best work.

I dont like how they went over the top in the Ultimate Universe. This continuity needs to be grounded in reality or else it'll turn out to be 616. I havent actually read any UFF but I read summaries and Millars stuff was too out there (I liked the zombies though). Id have to go with Ellis

I liked Millar's arcs very much, because I think they captured the "Fantastic" feeling the book should have.

I preferred ellis, though.

Ellis' Reed was smarter.

See, I really disliked Ellis' Doom arc. Too much build up for an anticlimatic ending.
However, I LOVED Ellis' N-Zone arc. Hardcore sci-fi and it was great.

As for Millar, I liked Millar's villians. The zombies were fantastic, Namor was great, the Skrulls were good, and I think Millar really nailed Doom. However, Millar made the sci-fi elements really silly and I think that detracted from his run. I also felt Millar's arcs were rushed. I kind of wish each arc had one more issue to flesh things out.

So, I dunno. I'm kind of on the fence.

See, I really disliked Ellis' Doom arc. Too much build up for an anticlimatic ending.
However, I LOVED Ellis' N-Zone arc. Hardcore sci-fi and it was great.

As for Millar, I liked Millar's villians. The zombies were fantastic, Namor was great, the Skrulls were good, and I think Millar really nailed Doom. However, Millar made the sci-fi elements really silly and I think that detracted from his run. I also felt Millar's arcs were rushed. I kind of wish each arc had one more issue to flesh things out.

So, I dunno. I'm kind of on the fence.
That actually summed things up pretty well for me. Millar's strong point was the villains, the weak points the science and the FF themselves. Ellis really nailed the science and the FF but the stories were a bit...lacklustre and the villains were fairly meh.

I had been absolutely loving Ellis's run, and to have it replaced by Millar's "the kids will love this!" silly run upset me quite a lot. Come back Warren, all is forgiven.

It also had two some of the best art in the Ultimate line. Whereas Millar had Greg Land, who doesn't suck, but isn't in Immonen or Kubert's league.

I really had fun with Millar's run. Sure Ellis made better scientific explanations, and his stories were really good, but I found them way too long. Doom's goat legs were a good choice, but turning him to a derelict was not something I liked. N-Zone was a good arc but took way too long. If only Millar didn't make his Saturday-morning cartoon-esque science stuff, and had one issue more for each arc, it would have been perfect.

Definately Ellis. I liked Millar's run, but the FF during Ellis' run were just better. The team was more interesting and entertaining. Reed really sounded like a science geek. And under Ellis he never built a robot that copied their powers or a helmet that made his thoughts come to life. Sorry that stuff bugged me. Millar's villains were better, but over all Ellis wins.

Millar got me into it and I've loved it ever since. Millar all the way. I love detailed science explanations but, this arc did it for me.

Goat Legs 4ever. 8)

Latest posts

Back