End of Vaughan's run (HUGE SPOILER!!!)

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Atrocities_Devon said:
Read if you want the rest of this year of Ult X-Men ruined.

[Spoilers]Magneto Escapes[/Spoilers]

Some of the other bits from what Joe Q said makes this sound like this may be some part of an elaborate April Fools joke.

Well, you heard it here first.

I'm just the messanger guys... I'll see what else I can dig up but most of you are better with sources...

Ok, I can deal with that. I just he just isn't one-dimensionally destroying buildings because he can still.
That's tedious. But also, that's the start of singers run..... he had better stay intelligent about this. He really had.

It was tricky how to deal with him. I would have liked him to remain a captive of SHIELD, but not appear in the ultimates, but that wouldn't really have worked. So, I'm happy he's out and playing an important role in the UU, he is probably the most important bad guy in comics today outside of perhaps the joker.

But, as I said, if he just goes on a wild destruction rampage, I'll be not a happy bunny. I want to see world opinion on Magneto, I want him to be a major world player, I want him to go fund raising rallies in New York (Gerry Adams does), I want him to write a book. If he's portrayed as a mindless villain (like I saw him as in New X-Men) well... I'll not buy Ult. X-Men until he's finished.

I'm not sure what to think of this, because Singer is really obsessed with Magneto the Villain, and I was hoping that eventually, UU Magneto could be partially rehabilitated to enter a role like in 616, as the leader of Genosha or working with Xavier or something. Do we really need a third X-Men vs. Magneto arc?

Interesting. I'm more excited to see how he escapes under Vaughan than what Singer does with him.

I agree with UE.... Yeah.

I agree that he shouldnt be a senseless killer, but i really want him to kick Captain America's ***... Like... I really really want to see Magneto dish out all he can to the Captain. Plus Mags hates him to no end, so I think that this is quite likely.

I hope that this leads to Asteroid M and the Acolytes.... I think Vaughn's been leading up to Colossus leaving the X-Men... Plus I like Magneto as the benevolent activist leader over the domineering emperor, but we're in no position to hand over Genosha quite yet.

For possible ways for him to break out:
- Xavier sneaks in metal
- Xavier sneaks in Mystique
- SHIELD apprehends and imprisons Lady Deathstrike, leaving a literal Mine of Adamantium for his use less than a mile away
- On Trial he is put on Death Row, Pietro and Wanda break him out
- Massive attack on Triskelion by Brotherhood
- Magneto asks nicely for a quick stroll upstairs wherever they keep the silverwear.
- Cypher, the bad-assest mutant of them all, uses his sexy language speaking/understanding powers and.... eh... nevermind. i'll stop now.

Lady Deathstrike is already slated for the second issue of the Wolverine and Storm sub-arc. On top of that, she'll probably receive a movieverse-esque treatment to leave her in familiar territory for if Singer wants her in his time. So a fairly big no there. Pietro and Wanda have already betrayed their father and his dream on several occasions, so a probable no there. Xavier has already seen the problems that SHIELD being up his butt can cause, so I think we can knock off the top two. As for the last three... I'm not even going to dignify those with a response.

Dr.Strangefate said:
I agree with UE.... Yeah.

I agree that he shouldnt be a senseless killer, but i really want him to kick Captain America's ***... Like... I really really want to see Magneto dish out all he can to the Captain. Plus Mags hates him to no end, so I think that this is quite likely.

I hope that this leads to Asteroid M and the Acolytes.... I think Vaughn's been leading up to Colossus leaving the X-Men... Plus I like Magneto as the benevolent activist leader over the domineering emperor, but we're in no position to hand over Genosha quite yet.

For possible ways for him to break out:
- Xavier sneaks in metal
- Xavier sneaks in Mystique
- SHIELD apprehends and imprisons Lady Deathstrike, leaving a literal Mine of Adamantium for his use less than a mile away
- On Trial he is put on Death Row, Pietro and Wanda break him out
- Massive attack on Triskelion by Brotherhood
- Magneto asks nicely for a quick stroll upstairs wherever they keep the silverwear.
- Cypher, the bad-assest mutant of them all, uses his sexy language speaking/understanding powers and.... eh... nevermind. i'll stop now.

I'd like to touch on everything you said xept for Wanda and Pietro breaking him out. I don't think they want anything to do with their Dad anymore they made their choices and they'll never know what it means to steal, to cheat, to lie.... they're good guys now, kids. Get over it.

Oh, and Cypher is outof the question. I think Mystique, since mentioned by Vaughan is a huge possibility :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Mystique will disguise herself as a SHIELD agent, possibly even Fury and release Magneto. That's what I think will happen. Magneto then finds a group called the Acolytes who serve Mags. Magneto thinks of a plan but instead of going to wipe out things learns of a mutant named Apocalypse and seeks out his help...

ProjectX2 said:
Mystique will disguise herself as a SHIELD agent, possibly even Fury and release Magneto. That's what I think will happen. Magneto then finds a group called the Acolytes who serve Mags. Magneto thinks of a plan but instead of going to wipe out things learns of a mutant named Apocalypse and seeks out his help...

Ok, Agreed with the Mystique part... I speculated on that myself in a previous thread...

but no way is Magneto and Apocolypse gonna team up

TheManWithoutFear said:
but no way is Magneto and Apocolypse gonna team up

Right - Apoc isn't even real.

UltimateE said:

It was nevery really said if Apocalypse was real or not. Maybe Apcalypse lets Magneto out or he uses Sinster to get Magneto out... :wink:

UltimateE said:

:shock: HE IS REAL!!!!!!! :gripe:

PS looking forward to seeing what Vaughn does with Magneto. (Sounds so dirty when i say it)

René said:
It was nevery really said if Apocalypse was real or not. Maybe Apcalypse lets Magneto out or he uses Sinster to get Magneto out... :wink:

I think that's a good idea but instead of using sinister to get him out he finds somebody else...........

Dr.Strangefate said:
You know, I sort of picked up on that when you wrote your piece for the rpg. There were a few sbtle overtones.

Dr.Strangefate said:
I don't really know about Colossus. But that could be because I like Colossus in the X-men and think he's dull-er (ok, I like him but he hasn't really done a lot interesting) when he's in the Acolytes.

Dr.Strangefate said:
That wouldn't surprise me. But then...

jtg3885 said:
Lady Deathstrike is already slated for the second issue of the Wolverine and Storm sub-arc. On top of that, she'll probably receive a movieverse-esque treatment to leave her in familiar territory for if Singer wants her in his time.
Has this been stated or are you just assuming? I've been busy so I'm not up to date perhaps but I didn't think anything had been said concretely about whether she would be movie or comic version. Also, his idea is still feasible because she had the adamantium in the movies but not the comics, plus if Magneto uses her to break out, he might not kill her and could let her get "repairs" or give her time to heal leaving her in a position for Singer to do as he wishes.

Latest posts

Back