Enough Ultimate titles?

TheManWithoutFear said:
All right guys, you all win. I do think it will eventually come and I do think all us Ultimate nuts (even the ones who don't want to read it) will be forced too. But I can no longer fight 1 Vs. UC so until the next new member comes along and is foolish enough to bring it up again... I'm done with this topic. Go to the new Daredevil site and vote on it though. Thanks MWoF.
Calm down man, this was nothing with who wins and what not. People just made their points on DD probably not getting an ongoing title. We know you don't you like it, but you have to admit the points made are valid. Now, Marvel may one day actually come out with the title, I doubt it (that's just me), but they might. But right now, it's just not happening.

icemastertron said:
Calm down man, this was nothing with who wins and what not. People just made their points on DD probably not getting an ongoing title. We know you don't you like it, but you have to admit the points made are valid. Now, Marvel may one day actually come out with the title, I doubt it (that's just me), but they might. But right now, it's just not happening.

Ice, I'm not worked up or anything about it?

icemastertron said:

I WIN! I WIN! YES! IN YOUR FACE!

:victorydance:

:shifty:

I... er... I mean, well played to all. I agree with everyone. It was a good discussion.

That I won.

Single-handedly.

I'm like Sir George, but instead of a dragon, I slew MWOF (who, let's face it, is worse than Hitler).

People will regale the story of how...

hmm...

I'm being a jackass ain't I? :heybaby:

PS: In your face, Ourchair. I got an A. You only got a stinkin' A-. That means I'm a better human being than you. Ice said so. :p

If an ultimate DD ongoing did come out would you get it? Im against it, but i would still start getting it if it happened

I'd pick up an Ultimate Daredevil book.

I think it'd be cool if he got another mini-series or two.

That said, I'd hope whoever wrote them would do a better job than the writer of the mini-series he's already been in.

Bass said:
I for one, am not interested in an Ultimate Daredevil series. Simply because I felt that the Ultimate Daredevil and Elektra and the Ultimate Elektra series were pretty piss-poor.

I thought they were pretty good, but still, they weren't Ultimate Daredevil stories and I would take that into consideration when forming an opinion about a UDD mini.

TheManWithoutFear said:
All right guys, you all win. I do think it will eventually come and I do think all us Ultimate nuts (even the ones who don't want to read it) will be forced too. But I can no longer fight 1 Vs. UC so until the next new member comes along and is foolish enough to bring it up again... I'm done with this topic. Go to the new Daredevil site and vote on it though. Thanks MWoF.

I was with you MWof you don't need anyone else when you have the almight Great One in your corner. But I still think they some kind of Ultimate Marvel Knight to look at the darker side of the ultimate universe. I think if they did one of these Daredevil, The Punisher, Ghost Rider, Blade, or Doctor Strange then they would of covered the entire Marvel universe>

TheManWithoutFear said:
All right guys, you all win. I do think it will eventually come and I do think all us Ultimate nuts (even the ones who don't want to read it) will be forced too. But I can no longer fight 1 Vs. UC so until the next new member comes along and is foolish enough to bring it up again... I'm done with this topic. Go to the new Daredevil site and vote on it though.
MwoF, this is HARDLY about the Ultimate Daredevil critics winning against your gospel of Daredevil. "Winning" is not the point. There's more to be addressed, but I fear that doing so will be taken less as me being even handedly critical of your ideas and more as a poison between us, so I'll try to be polite by only bringing them up instead when they seem a little more relevant.

UltimateE said:
I thought they were pretty good, but still, they weren't Ultimate Daredevil stories and I would take that into consideration when forming an opinion about a UDD mini.
Absolutely sound logic on that one. For all the blah blah hooey I've said about MwoF's insistence of a UDD (and I hope he doesn't hold it against me for saying so so loudly), the argument AGAINST Ultimate Daredevil CAN'T be justified simply because previous executions of the character have been less than stellar.

Otherwise, that same kind of logic would have prevented 616 Daredevil and 616 X-Men from becoming any good in the first place, in that both series floundered and struggled to find a definitive voice and it wasn't until Miller and Len Wein took over both titles that they started really coming into its own.

UDD may suck to some people NOW, but if and when they find that unique take, it just may be worth reading. And boy will my wallet suffer for it gladly.

Last edited:
Crikey O'Reilly MWoF. Give it a rest.

Right, The only point I'm gonna bring up here is that you gave your reason as to my comment about you loving Daredevil that was incorrect. I actually threw it in as a piece of humour to lighten the mood slightly. My reasoning was to hope that you would see that it's just a bit of fun, and to hope that you don't have yet another hissy fit because somewhat mocks your favourite superhero. I mean, you do know how ridiculous that is right?

Just do some growing up and stop making every discussion about Daredevil a personal mission, it's a comic book character for chrissakes.

Guijllons said:
Crikey O'Reilly MWoF. Give it a rest.

Right, The only point I'm gonna bring up here is that you gave your reason as to my comment about you loving Daredevil that was incorrect. I actually threw it in as a piece of humour to lighten the mood slightly. My reasoning was to hope that you would see that it's just a bit of fun, and to hope that you don't have yet another hissy fit because somewhat mocks your favourite superhero. I mean, you do know how ridiculous that is right?

Just do some growing up and stop making every discussion about Daredevil a personal mission, it's a comic book character for chrissakes.

Really confused to how it got to this. Leave me alone, seriously. When I said I give up I was joking too. I don't know where you guys are gettin' off tellin' me to relax but the more you do it the more fired up I will get and it'll just get worse and worse for you. This isn't my fault, I tried to give good reasons but I'm not great with explaining things so maybe they don't get taken as seriously but I definitely didn't go crazy with trying to get you guys to buy into Daredevil... yet, I need to "relax" and have you guys bring it up 2 days after I said I'm done with the conversation. Seriously, I feel like I'm Thor and most of you are Loki :roll:

I think I have a pretty good grasp on where you're coming from most of the time, MwoF, but when you say stuff like...

TheManWithoutFear said:
I feel like I'm Thor and most of you are Loki :roll:

...I think you throw people off.

Holy s**t what an exhuasting thread. Here's my 2cents ,not that it matters for a hill of beans.

OURCHAIR- very impressive, you must have a thesaurus up your.....

BASS- also good, but I didn't read it all becuase for some reason your posts are bigger than my screen (width)

MWOF- You rock, you take miles of s**t from everybody and still stick to your guns. Don't ever change, the world has far too many p*****s as it is :wink:

Latest posts

Back