Enough Ultimate titles?

ngnot said:
Holy s**t what an exhuasting thread. Here's my 2cents ,not that it matters for a hill of beans.

OURCHAIR- very impressive, you must have a thesaurus up your.....

BASS- also good, but I didn't read it all becuase for some reason your posts are bigger than my screen (width)

MWOF- You rock, you take miles of s**t from everybody and still stick to your guns. Don't ever change, the world has far too many pussies as it is :wink:

:lol: I like that guy. Why don't you post the hell out of this board. I could use a sigh of relief such as yourself. :lol:

UltimateE said:
I think I have a pretty good grasp on where you're coming from most of the time, MwoF, but when you say stuff like...

...I think you throw people off.
And with absolutely no ill will intended to you MwoF, I agree.

MWoF, did you not see the post I left for you earlier in this thread. I showed you love bro and then you ignore me, JERK

*Cries himself to sleep with his Marvel Legend Wolverine Figure*

thee great one said:
MWoF, did you not see the post I left for you earlier in this thread. I showed you love bro and then you ignore me, JERK

*Cries himself to sleep with his Marvel Legend Wolverine Figure*

I'm sorry TGO but I just don't want to acknowledge it because I think it's a sensitive site and if I did people would think people are "taking sides" which this should never have turned into the war that it was. I do appreciate it though. My bad for not gettin' to it.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Ok, I get it. Let me word it better. I'm some part of entrapment. People bring up Daredevil, say they can't wait for me to comment, I comment, and then they go off on me. Calling me a Daredevil obsessed lunatic.

:lol: he's right you know.

C'mon, altogether now.

We're sorry XT.

thee great one said:
Well then I leave it at me and you being the only ones wanting a ultimate Daredevil ongoing.
Hey, I'd like Daredevil to be in the Ultimate Universe too, I just don't want it to be Brian Michael Bendis' Daredevil. Or Frank Miller's for that matter.

thee great one said:
Well then I leave it at me and you being the only ones wanting a ultimate Daredevil ongoing.

That's not true. I also said that I would like to see an Ultimate Daredevil. Hell I started saying that before MWoF joined the site.

I know... I know! Im just kidding. But you do have a point that people always bring up Daredevil and when you do people go all off on you. Daredevil could be so great if they... FRANK MILLER, dude I think he is the only person who can truly write Daredevil.

Fuzzy Birds said:
UMTU, but without Spidey in every issue, and without amateur artists.

I know you probably didn't mean anything derogatory, Fuzzy Birds, but I don't like the negative connotation you imply when you mention "amateur" artists.

I assume you're referring to artists like Chynna Clugston-Major or Jim Mahfood, who contributed to UMTU, but who are not ordinarily associated with mainstream superhero titles, or work for the 'Big 2' publishers.

I believe this raises two valid points:

(1) Every artist starts out as an "amateur". If Marvel's higher-ups hesitate to bring in genuinely promising greenhorn talent, and give them the opportunity to develop their craft in a professional setting, they're going to find themselves in a lot of trouble, once age or fatigue catches up with the current batch of so-called "Young Guns".

(2) Just because an artist hasn't cut their teeth on a Marvel or DC title, it doesn't necessarily make them "amateurs". Clugston-Major has written and illustrated several volumes of teen comedy Blue Monday for Oni Press, as well as the more 'adult' Scooter Girl. Jim Mahfood has finished at least two Grrrl Scouts mini-series published by Image, not to mention his multiple editions of Stupid Comics. These aren't rinky-dink cut-and-paste affairs done in their local Kinko's. Just because they didn't appear in an exclusive section of the Diamond catalog, it doesn't make them "amateur".

You may be right to question how suitable their style is for a commercially-profitable superhero title, even a marginal one like UMTU. Or perhaps their more "street" or manga-influenced styles just doesn't appeal to you. Fair enough. If so, please make that clear, instead of judging their work as "amateur".

I will point out the X-Men team-up. The art there was quite awful, and the artist should never have been given that gig at his stage of illustration.
Everyone needs somewhere to start of course, but it should be so they can still produce a beautiful issue, the first time they produce one, and hone their talents for that medium from there. There is a difference between being inexperienced at comics, and inexperienced at illustration. A lot of the artists were too inexperienced in the latter.

compound said:
I know you probably didn't mean anything derogatory, Fuzzy Birds, but I don't like the negative connotation you imply when you mention "amateur" artists.

I assume you're referring to artists like Chynna Clugston-Major or Jim Mahfood, who contributed to UMTU, but who are not ordinarily associated with mainstream superhero titles, or work for the 'Big 2' publishers.

I agree on the basis that the art itself looked amateurish - not that the artists were unqualified by any means.

Latest posts

Back