Fables/Jack of Fables - Tradewaiters - Spoilers

Friday

This is for the tradewaiters of Fables or Jack of Fables.

I picked up The Good Prince a few weeks ago and made sure I re-read the series up to that point. As always I caught some bits that I had missed before, like just how Frau Totenkinder gets her power in the mundy world. Not sure how I missed it before, but damn, she must be a monster now.

Instead of going over everything from the trade I want to focus on one thing. Totenkinder looking at the war with Ghepetto as a personal struggle between the two of them. I can't wait to see how this plays out. As long as it doesn't go the way of her against Baba Yaga and just let us know the end.

Jack of Fables trade came out yesterday. I doubt my LCS got it in, but I still need to first two. Any thoughts?

I thought the first Jack of Fables trade was a fun read, I haven't gotten around to the second one yet though.

As for Frau Totenkinder, does she run an abortion clinic or something?

I thought the first Jack of Fables trade was a fun read, I haven't gotten around to the second one yet though.

As for Frau Totenkinder, does she run an abortion clinic or something?

Thats pretty much what I got from it. That she finances one. What made it click was Kay's comment on how while its legal for mundies its unethical enough for Fable morality that she's be thrown out of the compact. The only thing we've seen that fits that is Doc Swinehearts veiled suggestion that Snow could abort Bibgys cubs.

So I got the Jack of Fables trades in the mail last week. The first and third were good but the Vegas arc sucked horribly. Thankfully the rest were good enough that I'm on board.

So Kevin Thorn. An immortal Fable creator? A driving force of story in the universe? How was this not in the main book? And how long until Revise and his minions decend on Fabletown?

Crap. This series added a whole new dimension to an already complex book.

So I got the Jack of Fables trades in the mail last week. The first and third were good but the Vegas arc sucked horribly. Thankfully the rest were good enough that I'm on board.

So Kevin Thorn. An immortal Fable creator? A driving force of story in the universe? How was this not in the main book? And how long until Revise and his minions decend on Fabletown?

Crap. This series added a whole new dimension to an already complex book.

Yeah. All of these characters that "know" things that they couldn't possibly know makes me think that Fables is going to end with a Promethea/Animal Man fourth wall encounter thing. Bill Willingham is the real adversary and he's invading these fictional lands to write a comic.

I liked how in the monthlies when they interrupted the Jack Frost arc to tell the Jack Of Hearts one, he mentions they will fix it in the trade.

And they did.

Wait, what does that make Kevin Thorne? A Fable creator?

I'm confused.

Well, I think its up in the air right now. We know he's the "son" of the Pathetic Fallacy and teh "Father" of Revise(Whatever the hell he is). As for what the Father/Son terms mean that they're literally the offspring of the previous or that they were simply created or earlier in a line than the others is still undecided. The Fallacy could easily be the first (or simply one the one we know) of a series of increasingly complex storytelling techniques that once evolved or adapted created a new anthropomorphic identity. First the creator (The Fallacy, bringing life to those around him) then the Storyteller (Using the life for a narrative) then finally the Revisionist (adjusting the stories for new versions)

Its really got me thinking.

And what the **** was up with leaving Excalibur in Wicked John? I wasn't expecting that.

EDIT: Oh, and did anyone else catch that one of the Kingdoms of the Seasonal Queens was named Haven? I can't help but wonder if they're the same as from The Good Prince. I mean there's no reason to reuse names like that unless they're connected.

Last edited:
I wish I still cared about this comic.

I wish I still cared about this comic.

Proj's interests are close enough to mine that this is kind of a bummer to read, since I'm just starting to get into it (I'm around #42 or so).

I think the Crossover stuff was a huge waste and slowed things down a lot. The main story with Mr. Dark is interesting and I'm pretty impressed how he keeps pulling original things out of these characters. Like E mentioned about Ex Machina, it's one of those books I stop and look for background info on a lot of things. I think that's cool. Too bad the overall opinion of the site is lacking on the book because it's one of the only ones I still read.

Latest posts

Back