Fables series discussion (spoilers)

Re: Fables series discussion (Spoilers!)

Dr.Strangefate said:
He has an ending in mind whenever it needs to happen...

But has no plans to end the series... I mean, there is simply so much out there to explore.

There are now two series:

Fables, and Jack of Fables (starring Jack of the candlestick fame)

When does Jack of Fables start? I also hear there's a Bigby original story? Will this come out individually or just in the hardcover?

Re: Fables series discussion (Spoilers!)

ProjectX2 said:
When does Jack of Fables start? I also hear there's a Bigby original story? Will this come out individually or just in the hardcover?
Well, Jack of Fables is in the latest DC Solicits. I'll probably tradewait it too since Vertigo is actualy good with trades. No clue on the Bigby one shot. I know theres a Snow white book coming out that gives all the background on her, but I dunno when.

And lookie at what I found!

It was still in general discussion.

Actually, there's a bigby short story in the back of the first volume.

And Project, you will be hooked once you finish Animal Farm. My favorite is Mean Seasons, with Homelands as a second.

Man, when's the next trade coming out?

Ultimate Houde said:
Actually, there's a bigby short story in the back of the first volume.

And Project, you will be hooked once you finish Animal Farm. My favorite is Mean Seasons, with Homelands as a second.

Man, when's the next trade coming out?
June, I think. Amazon just started reccomending it to me. It's the Arabian Nights arc, wich I can't wait to read. I used to tear through 1001 Arabian Nights when I was younger. The stories within stories within stories used to boggle my mind.

Wow. I think I was reading this from 8 until 11 pm last night.

This is highly addictive.

Last edited:
I just finished the March of the Wooden Soldiers arc.

I like how everything is tied together.

Fables is my second favorite ongoing, next to Ultimates.

I can't wait for the Arabian Nights trade.

Ultimate Houde said:
Out of all the DC books, they seem to put Fable trades out the quickest

Something I'm very grateful for.

The wait is long enough as is!

Ultimate Houde said:
Out of all the DC books, they seem to put Fable trades out the quickest

Yes, most of the Vertigo/WildStorm series are trading much quicker than the mainstream DC.

So, is Gepetto the Adversary or not? It seems as if he is, but I don't know.

I'm up to #42. This is a good series. The James Jean covers kick ***.

In number 40. they say he is, but I still have my doubts. I think the Adversary is a tad more complex than that though.

In other words, I think someone is pulling G's strings

Ultimate Houde said:
In number 40. they say he is, but I still have my doubts. I think the Adversary is a tad more complex than that though.

In other words, I think someone is pulling G's strings

I'm almost positive he is. Bill has said for awhile that the Advesary comes from the Pinochio story (And that people should have known who it was since March of the Wooden Soldiers).

Reversing it now would be kind of pointless.

Well, I guess he is then. It would be cool if he was being manipulated by some evil spirit, though.

Skipped that two-part Puppet arc. It was boring.

Now I'm up to date. I'm looking forward to Bigby's return.

I felt the revelation of the Adversary's identity was somewhat... Ugh, I dunno... Anti-climactic. The plausibililty of Gheppeto's rise to power is realistic (as realistic as this series gets, anyway) but I couldn't help but feel somewhat underwhelmed. So the biggest bad *** in all of Fabledom is an old man with a bunch of puppets. My Lame-O-Meter was flashing like Hell. Since THE WIZARD OF OZ is public domain, I've been exceptionally disappointed in the lack of characters from it (barring an occasional EMERALD CITY mention) and secretly wished a hacked-off Dorothy would've been the Adversary.

I've read up to #47 and am interested to see how the Mowgli/Bigby encounter goes.

Latest posts

Back