Favorite JLA'er

Who is Your Favorite Justice League Of America Member??

• Superman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wonder Woman

• The Batman

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Green Lantern

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • The Flash

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Martian Manhunter

• Green Arrow

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Plastic Man

• Aquaman

• Captain Marvel

• Total voters

thatdandydinty

The title says it all... which one of the JLA is your man?

Viva La Corps

Last edited:
Batman is the shizzle dizzle.

one thing i've always liked is the artists/writers who refer to him as THE Batman, not just Batman. it adds a more timeless omnipotent feel to him, which is more his style

The Batman 100 aaand 10%!
Although I've already mentioned I don't like the JLA comics, or Wonder Woman for a number of reasons.
Batman, Nightwing, all of it is the coolest thing DC has to offer, well in my opinion! Teen Titans comes a close second.

I'm going with Green Lantern.

Technically speaking, I think The Batman is the coolest character, but as someone who doesn't really hold DC so close to my heart I think Green Lantern looks most interesting from a distance because of the kind of stories you could tell with him.

Lantern isn't just a space sentinel, he's also part of a large military order. When you're not looking at the omnipotence of his ring, you could tell stories about the Corps as some kind of secret society like the Priory of Sion or the Freemasons, or you could look at them as part of a rogue paramilitary order.

I kind of like how the character concept was portrayed in JLA: Golden Age and in his Planetary incarnation --- the universe's first policemen or the soldier who has evolved to a grander calling.

The Lantern is such a spectacularly awesome character.

Here is a plain everyman. In a world of blonde haired blue eyed gods, or black haired, here is this normal brown haired brown eyed joe. He is neither a genius who makes a mistake (the flash), nor us he spawned from loss, and able to fight because of his money (Batman). He is a person who is bestowed with this great honor because he is (at his core) a genuinely good person. He is morally right with his actions and his lifestyle. And for being so he is honored by Gods (the guardians of Oa) to become a protector. He does not come down from on high to bless the masses with his presence like superman or wonderwoman, but instead he is the man from within. Even the Green Arrow sits above his normal man, as a millionare turned Commie. He is the truest protector of man's interest because he is just a plain man.

The green lantern rocks.

I agree with your Green Lantern view, dandydinty. However, I think the execution of most of the stories with Lantern haven't done much with this. That said, I really liked Reborn. That was pretty good.

I picked Flash (Wally West) for powers and for his determination to succeed; he also has a great rogues gallery, pretty good stories that utilize his powers and personality well, as well as a good sense of humor at times.

thatdandydinty said:

Here is a plain everyman. In a world of blonde haired blue eyed gods, or black haired, here is this normal brown haired brown eyed joe. He is neither a genius who makes a mistake (the flash), nor us he spawned from loss, and able to fight because of his money (Batman). He is a person who is bestowed with this great honor because he is (at his core) a genuinely good person. He is morally right with his actions and his lifestyle. And for being so he is honored by Gods (the guardians of Oa) to become a protector. He does not come down from on high to bless the masses with his presence like superman or wonderwoman, but instead he is the man from within. Even the Green Arrow sits above his normal man, as a millionare turned Commie. He is the truest protector of man's interest because he is just a plain man.

The green lantern rocks.

Very insightful post Dandy!

In the following order:

6: Captain Marvel
5: Wonder Woman
4: Superman
3: The Batman
2: Green Lantern
1: Green Arrow

I think most of us agree that Superman is not always very well done.

This is why I am pumped to read All-Star Superman. It looks like Superman done right!

marvelman said:
I think most of us agree that Superman is not always very well done.

This is why I am pumped to read All-Star Superman. It looks like Superman done right!

Should be good.Rucka's dog a good job at the mo, but the general rule is Superman is always ****ed in his own series'.However in OMAC, Identity Crisis and the current JLA arc he's been nailed every time.They had him down pretty wel in Supes/Bats until the third arc.

Very insightful post Dandy!
it's not dandy, it's dinty, but thank you!

I think the execution of most of the stories with Lantern haven't done much with this
i totally agree with you. the use of the archetypes these characters represent has been drastically underused for most of these characters, save a few times with superman and the batman

thatdandydinty said:

The green lantern rocks.
Awesome description.

I truly appreciate anyone who tries to develop a keen eye on what makes the relatively misunderstood army of superhuman characters different from each other, something I don't see very often.

the line up changes all the time, im gonna have to go with captain marvel, cause the captain marvels in either universe dont get any respect at all, when nightwing joins the JLA he will be it.

EDIT, and since when did captain marvel join the JLA, i thought he was in JSA.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back