Favorite Marvel Comic Now

VVD's take on Immortal Iron Fist is (IMO) perfect.

I miss Aja, but only barely miss Fraction and Brubaker.

I would already buy a comic featuring the Immortal Weapons. Great book.

(I also love how its been kept away from the relative stink of Dark Reign Hulk and Civil Invasion).

It actually has the feel of an Indie book, which is nice from a mainstream company.

Captain America is also outstanding. Its consistency sometimes makes it easy to take for granted, but I think Brubaker has fashioned a defining run for a 60 (?) year old character/mythos - wow! Quite an accomplishment.

I haven't read OMD or BND, but compare that Spidey 'reboot' (from what I hear) to this Cap 'reboot' to get both ends of the spectrum.

(Sorry if I'm mis-representing Spidey - its just based on what I've read/heard from others)

Oh yeah, I was wrong earlier. Amazing Spider-Man is my favorite Marvel book. I briefly forgot about it because of it's lack nof connection to the current Marvel U.

(I also love how its been kept away from the relative stink of Dark Reign Hulk and Civil Invasion).

It actually has the feel of an Indie book, which is nice from a mainstream company.

One of my favorite things about this book. While Danny may have a brief interaction with Luke Cage or his other Avenger friends...they never really directly tie-in with any current Marvel event.

In the entire course of Secret Invasion and all the tie-ins that went with it, there was not a single Skrull in Iron Fist's book. The closest we're probably gonna see it get is an off-hand joke/comment ABOUT Skrulls in one of the next 2-3 issues. We possibly might see Danny work with Luke concerning the events around the end of Secret Invasion/New Avengers.

I'm actually starting to worry about IIF

We've just had the spectacular Wah Sing Rand issue, then two issue's of the regular story then another Tale of the Iron Fist story about this Park Li character (I'm very interested none the less, but he sounds like a Bei Beng Wen rip), Sweircaynski is a great writer but he seems to be more interested in writing past Iron Fists then he is about Danny. Practically a quarter of the first act was about Kwan Jun Fan, and there was the Orson Randall one-shot.

That was the one thing that irked me about Frubaker's stuff, they were more focused on everything going on around Danny rather than Danny himself. I was hoping Sweirczynski would put a little more focus on him, but he seems to be going the other way.

It's still a fantastic fantastic book though, and I love the way Forman's doing the art, kinda seems to be like Immonen meets Lark.

I'm actually starting to worry about IIF

We've just had the spectacular Wah Sing Rand issue, then two issue's of the regular story then another Tale of the Iron Fist story about this Park Li character (I'm very interested none the less, but he sounds like a Bei Beng Wen rip), Sweircaynski is a great writer but he seems to be more interested in writing past Iron Fists then he is about Danny. Practically a quarter of the first act was about Kwan Jun Fan, and there was the Orson Randall one-shot.

That was the one thing that irked me about Frubaker's stuff, they were more focused on everything going on around Danny rather than Danny himself. I was hoping Sweirczynski would put a little more focus on him, but he seems to be going the other way.

It's still a fantastic fantastic book though, and I love the way Forman's doing the art, kinda seems to be like Immonen meets Lark.

I get what you're saying, but the book is about the IMMORTAL Iron Fist....not Danny Rand. So while Danny may be the current Fist, that doesn't mean that events of the book have to pertain to only him.

In martial arts, it's all about balance and symetry. With history always repeating itself, what was...will be once more. So its only natural that a book revolving around a martial artist would adopt this philosophy and tell stories that not only are about Danny....but previous Iron Fists experiencing some of the same problems.

On a side note---if you love Foreman's art in Iron Fist then you'll love his art in Oeming's Ares mini.

I get what you're saying, but the book is about the IMMORTAL Iron Fist....not Danny Rand. So while Danny may be the current Fist, that doesn't mean that events of the book have to pertain to only him.

In martial arts, it's all about balance and symetry. With history always repeating itself, what was...will be once more. So its only natural that a book revolving around a martial artist would adopt this philosophy and tell stories that not only are about Danny....but previous Iron Fists experiencing some of the same problems.

On a side note---if you love Foreman's art in Iron Fist then you'll love his art in Oeming's Ares mini.

I like the format the book has, I just think it's slipping a little too much towards the past/future Iron Fist stuff a little too much. Danny IS the star, he may be a legacy character but the book is very much his. The character is vastly under-appreciated and under-used, even when he has his own ongoing and is a member of the Avengers (or was) he is under used.

and Ares was very cool, but I actually think this art is actually better, the combination of the inking and rendering makes, the series look basically exactly what it is "Noir Kung-Fu"

I like the format the book has, I just think it's slipping a little too much towards the past/future Iron Fist stuff a little too much. Danny IS the star, he may be a legacy character but the book is very much his. The character is vastly under-appreciated and under-used, even when he has his own ongoing and is a member of the Avengers (or was) he is under used.

'Course you can't have a legacy character without an established legacy, it's better to experience that legacy than to just be told it exists.

'Course you can't have a legacy character without an established legacy, it's better to experience that legacy than to just be told it exists.

I'd rather have Danny become a better more established character, than read about glorified what if's every other month. Frubaker did a good enough job reaffirming a legacy that was already there from the get go but was never taken advantage of, that these one-offs aren't necessary. They barely even contribute to the overarching plot anymore, they obviously are only occuring to get Foreman some more time to catch up.

The Tales of the Iron Fist issue's are great, I just think they're going to the well too many times too soon.

OK... I'm not good with the one or two thing but I will try to play along anyway.

I like the Marvel Noir storylines so far. They offer interesting twists to the existing mythology. It's a similar idea to my "X-Riders" concept (the major difference being, of course, that X-Riders is set in the Old West) so I'm almost jealous of it. The execution, so far, has been pretty impressive and I'm going to continue to pick these titles up.

And of course, I'm enjoying Millar's Old Man Logan storyline. It's just too good to deny.

Latest posts

Back