Favorite Rogue's Gallery

The Hulk's . I love the U-foe's X-ray because of his pure power. Abomination, Leader, DR Sampson, Thunderbolt Ross, Talbot, and the Glob from the 70's were good Rouge's villians. lately they have been less impressive. Today most of Hulk's villians seem more like allies or victims. However most of Hulk's villians a just regular humans now days. It will be interesting to see if Nick Fury becomes a Hulk villian considering he lied to banner about the manufacturer of the space weapon being hydra , where in fact it was shield.

Doc Comic said:
The thing is that Venom is very, very overused and overhyped and one-dimensional. The thing that gets me about Carnage is that with or without the symbiote, he'll still be a sociopathic maniac seeking to kill as many people as he can.

Or he'll be dead!

Carnage is Alien Symbiote + Blood...

I can feel for Venom, because the Symbiote is twisting Eddie's mind... It's a lot scarier, frankly.

But then I can't help but find slasher flicks shallow and one-dimensional, and Carnage is a walking, talking slasher flick.

Big E said:
The Hulk's . I love the U-foe's X-ray because of his pure power. Abomination, Leader, DR Sampson, Thunderbolt Ross, Talbot, and the Glob from the 70's were good Rouge's villians. lately they have been less impressive. Today most of Hulk's villians seem more like allies or victims. However most of Hulk's villians a just regular humans now days. It will be interesting to see if Nick Fury becomes a Hulk villian considering he lied to banner about the manufacturer of the space weapon being hydra , where in fact it was shield.
I'll admit that I really like Hulk's rogues gallery as well. They have the same crazy schlock sci-fi bent that the FF villains have, and I think I'd like them just as much if I actually read more Hulk comics growing up.

Was Doc Samson a bad guy? I thought he was some sort of gamma-radiation expert cum psychotherapist strongman buddy to Hulk/Banner.

Doc Comic said:
The thing is that Venom is very, very overused and overhyped and one-dimensional. The thing that gets me about Carnage is that with or without the symbiote, he'll still be a sociopathic maniac seeking to kill as many people as he can.

Dr. Strangefate said:
Or he'll be dead!

Carnage is Alien Symbiote + Blood...

I can feel for Venom, because the Symbiote is twisting Eddie's mind... It's a lot scarier, frankly.

But then I can't help but find slasher flicks shallow and one-dimensional, and Carnage is a walking, talking slasher flick.

I'm not sure which side of the fence I'm on with this one. I never minded Venom or Carnage, however cliched they might have been. They're still two of Spidey's greatest and most dangerous enemies.

It's funny, because I've been a fan of the X-titles for longer than any other franchise, mostly because of the subject matter explored: social marginalization, the formation of impromptu communities, and so forth. But I've never really liked their rogue's gallery, mostly because so many of them are poorly-defined, in relation to the overall themes of the series.

In that sense, it just makes me appreciate how much I've loved Vaughn's run on Ultimate X-Men, because he's taken some villans who had the weakest, most tenuous connections to the core concepts -- Mojo and Fenris, for example -- and given them proper reasons to be legitimate enemies of the X-men (or rather, more appropriately, Xavier's dream).

compound said:
It's funny, because I've been a fan of the X-titles for longer than any other franchise, mostly because of the subject matter explored: social marginalization, the formation of impromptu communities, and so forth. But I've never really liked their rogue's gallery, mostly because so many of them are poorly-defined, in relation to the overall themes of the series.

In that sense, it just makes me appreciate how much I've loved Vaughn's run on Ultimate X-Men, because he's taken some villans who had the weakest, most tenuous connections to the core concepts -- Mojo and Fenris, for example -- and given them proper reasons to be legitimate enemies of the X-men (or rather, more appropriately, Xavier's dream).
So who's rogues gallery do you prefer then, above and beyond whether or not you have a preference for the franchise in question?

First of all i'd like to lead this off by saying this:

Flash's Rogue's Gallery is LAME!

I don't how you guys celebrate those chumps like Captain Cold and the like. Anyway my favorite Rogue's Gallery is Wolverine. He's had the best, ever. He's had Sabretooth, Cyber, Omega Red, DeadPool, Lady DeathStrike, Typhoid Mary, Silver Samurai, Viper, Hydra, The Hand, Wendigo, BloodScream, Cylla, I mean the man had some haters.

Synch said:
Anyway my favorite Rogue's Gallery is Wolverine. He's had the best, ever. He's had Sabretooth, Cyber, Omega Red, DeadPool, Lady DeathStrike, Typhoid Mary, Silver Samurai, Viper, Hydra, The Hand, Wendigo, BloodScream, Cylla, I mean the man had some haters.
So if Cyber has adamantium skin, does that mean when he's turned on he gets 'metal' instead of 'wood'/

ourchair said:
So if Cyber has adamantium skin, does that mean when he's turned on he gets 'metal' instead of 'wood'/

I always got a hard time thinking "how he can move if he got adamantium skin?"

Batman has the best rogues Joker, Riddler, Hush, Catwoman, hell even the Penguin!

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
Batman has the best rogues Joker, Riddler, Hush, Catwoman, hell even the Penguin!

SUre he's got a colourful rogues gallery. But notice that not many of his villains actually have powers? they just got gimmicks

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
I always got a hard time thinking "how he can move if he got adamantium skin?"

The guy is a huge white man with metal skin and claws and you're wondering how he can move? Who cares? It's a comic book. How does the Thing move? or Colossus? or the Grey Gargoyle? Anyway, how crazy is chair with the innuendo?

And Batman does have some good enemies, in a way they are 'almost' better than Wolverine's because most of them don't have any powers, are criminally insane, or totally insane, yet still whoop ***. Also, alot of villains these days are idiots but most all of Batman's nemeses were especially clever, even Bane, (Not the one in the movie.) but really Joker, Poison Ivy, The Riddler (was always genius), Harley( a few times ), Penguin, the dude with the hand puppet, and Hush.

But still I really dig the violence and brutality that Wolverines gallery brings... I don't know i'm second guessing right here...
Fock it. I can't choose now. but since I put them both out there, i guess i have two favorites.

Synch said:
The guy is a huge white man with metal skin and claws and you're wondering how he can move? Who cares? It's a comic book. How does the Thing move? or Colossus? or the Grey Gargoyle?
I believe Warren Ellis makes a living out of answering questions like that. ;)

Nurhachi said:
SUre he's got a colourful rogues gallery. But notice that not many of his villains actually have powers? they just got gimmicks
Practically every superhero/supervillain ever created is based off of a gimmick. I'd say its a core concept of superpeople and their villains. If they didn't have gimmicks, they'd just be normal people.

Synch said:
First of all i'd like to lead this off by saying this:

Flash's Rogue's Gallery is LAME!

I don't how you guys celebrate those chumps like Captain Cold and the like. Anyway my favorite Rogue's Gallery is Wolverine. He's had the best, ever. He's had Sabretooth, Cyber, Omega Red, DeadPool, Lady DeathStrike, Typhoid Mary, Silver Samurai, Viper, Hydra, The Hand, Wendigo, BloodScream, Cylla, I mean the man had some haters.

Do you read the Flash?

They are the best written villains in comics, and they all use their powers the best out of all comic villains.

You'd wonder how anyone would be able to take the Flash, and these guys constantly do it because they have control and band together.

Then, when they move against another hero, they can school them.

Take, for example, Mirror Master. He was schooling Green Arrow a few issues back. Legitimate schoolin'.

iceman said:
Do you read the Flash?

They are the best written villains in comics, and they all use their powers the best out of all comic villains.

You'd wonder how anyone would be able to take the Flash, and these guys constantly do it because they have control and band together.

Then, when they move against another hero, they can school them.

Take, for example, Mirror Master. He was schooling Green Arrow a few issues back. Legitimate schoolin'.
I agree with Iceman, The Flash's rogues don't get nearly the respect they deserve.

Batmans is good, but doesn't have enough consistancy in uses. Spider-Man's is good but has some real stinkers. The X-Men all seem to suffer from KEWL syndrome.

I think I'm going to have to go with Superman. Parasite, Cyborg, Metallo, Toyman, and Lex Friggin Luthor. Its a shame they're not used better.

I read rogue war and wasn't impressed with Flash's rogues. Expect Reverse Flash. I really liked him. He is such an interesting character.

it turned into a DC discussion bc DC rogues rule.

and TGO, you said you like X-men rogues, but most of those you listed are simply Wolverine rogues that drag someof the rest of the team into it.

The only real X-men rogues are Magneto, Apocalypse, Juggernaut (back in the day), and Sentinel making racists.

iceman said:
it turned into a DC discussion bc DC rogues rule.

and TGO, you said you like X-men rogues, but most of those you listed are simply Wolverine rogues that drag someof the rest of the team into it.

The only real X-men rogues are Magneto, Apocalypse, Juggernaut (back in the day), and Sentinel making racists.

I love Juggernaut and Apocalypse.

Latest posts

Back