Spider-Man Favorite Spidey Costume

Favorite Costume?

• Total voters
I can't believe you people like the black costume. It's not even a costume! It's an alien. Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man should not be interacting with aliens.

Booooooooo.

Thank you. Can I get a "Overly Hyped B-List Hero FTW"?

Maybe if it had been regular cloth all along it would be better.

It's cloth now and it still sucks and reeks of fanboydom.

Yeah, it was OK but the black suit has been tainted by the alien stuff. Maybe if it had been regular cloth all along it would be better.
What if it was sentient alien cloth? A hyper intelligent blend of 60% personality-corrupting cotton and 40% aggression amplifying polyester? Would that be a good enough compromise?

Joe and I were debating and thought maybe someone here would know... who gave Peter the cloth version of his black costume? Joe says Felicia, I'm not sure. Anybody know who and when (what issue) he got them?

Joe and I were debating and thought maybe someone here would know... who gave Peter the cloth version of his black costume? Joe says Felicia, I'm not sure. Anybody know who and when (what issue) he got them?

It was Felicia, because she thought he looked "sexier" or something in it.

Last edited:
I remember when I used to play the old PSOne Spider-Man game, I always used the Scarlet Spider suit because I thought it was really stylish and cool. Now it's sooo nineties it makes me cry.

Other.

I honestly like the movie costume the best.

Classic is a close runner-up... I guess the movie suit IS just a very slightl tweaking of the classic one, but I'd like to be clear. Movie suit FTW!

That's very true.

But I vote for the original since the Movie suit is just an altered version of the original suit.

But I vote for the original since the Movie suit is just an altered version of the original suit.
Me too.

Except that I have a question mark against the movie version: the mask. The character gets rid of it too often. I thought it was going to be a one off thing that Spider-Man lost his mask a lot in Spider-Man 2 (2004), but he had it off almost constantly in Spider-Man 3 (2007). It's at the point where "mask off" may be considered part of the recent movie look.

I prefer the classic look, perhaps with the movie tweaks, which are very small, but keeping the mask on when it's appropriate, please.

Last edited:
Except that I have a question mark against the movie version: the mask. The character gets rid of it too often. I thought it was going to be a one off thing that Spider-Man lost his mask a lot in Spider-Man 2 (2004), but he had it off almost constantly in Spider-Man 3 (2007). It's at the point where "mask off" may be considered part of the recent movie look.
I wonder if this was a conscious writing decision, or just a practical result of the actual, physical mask being stuffy and difficult to breathe in.

Also, it may have been a stupid concession to the producers, with regards to giving Toby x amount of literal "face time".

It got so bad in the last movie that I started to hate the look of Tobey's face.

The Iron Spider costume was similar to Venom: visually pleasing, useless otherwise.

I voted a few months back; probably for Iron Spider. Today, my vote goes to the original.

The Iron Spider costume was similar to Venom: visually pleasing, useless otherwise.

I voted a few months back; probably for Iron Spider. Today, my vote goes to the original.

I disagree. I know that some talented artists made it look pretty good, but the red and yellow were horribly clashing and the stuff on his ankles and wrists were really terrible.

Latest posts

Back