Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hobgoblin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I didn't like any of them

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
i don't know if this as been made or not. Delete if it has. Well since we have a X-men I decided to have a Spider-Man one. So chaps.. What your favorite arc?

I choose Venom. Followed by Hobgoblin.

Already been made a while back.

You know I was just thinking of doing this topic. But I figure the answer would be obvious which is the best arc.

i really like most of them for different reasons....you see a side of peter parker in each one and i like how he deals with his problems regardless of whether he is in costume or not.

my favorite arc would have to be the learning curve.....it just defined the series for me.
next up are:

double trouble
power and responsibility
cats and kings
venom
public scrutiny
irresponsible
carnage
warriors (i know its not over, but its likely to move up in rank if it continues to do this well)

so how about your least favorites???

Last edited:
I think that these threads should come up like once every 25, 50, or 100 issues of a title. So that we don't keep gettin repeats. Not that there was anything wrong with this TGO. I'm just saying so someone doesn't come along in a month or two and make a new one. It should be stickied too.

I went with Venom. Easily one of the best story arcs I've ever read in the time that I've been reading comics. Just a fantastic set up and one of the best conclusions that I can think of. Terrific job.

I chose Venom as well. I loved the way he was ultimized it was so interesting. I am a big fan of the black costume, so seeing that again was a treat. The speech in part 5 or 6 (i forget) when spidey is fighting Venom in the school yard by his father on the tape was really touching.

Definately a good arc.

Yeah, I thought the last issue with Peter's father on the tape really defined how good the art was. That was how good Bendis was when he puts his head into it. ;)

i like legacy because it turned the crapfest monster goblin into a psycho. a truly scary one at that.

Well, no isn't the time to get into it, but most of the arcs that are coming up as the best, are the best. Since number one, Bendis has been nailing some pretty excellent stuff and, if you can't get into that stuff, this title isn't for you.

I agree, the Goblin was turned into something he wasn't in 616. He scared Peter in a way even a grown man with the same ability would have to worry. He rocked.

I think Legacy would have been a close second for me for the same reasons. A third probably would have been hollywood. The part where he ripped spidey's tooth out *shudder*

Carnage. I really ejoyed that storyline. Connors was an excellent charactaer, and It had a good amount of luaghs, plus Gwen's death and repuccians were very strong.

why its the best

Bass said:
Learning Curve. The first USM arc I read, and in my opinion, by far the best to date.

theres no doubt its the best arc...it had the first losing battle, it had pete tell mj he was spider-man, his first job, and the first battle with the shocker...dont get me wrong, there are other arcs that were written better, but this one is the most definitive....no denying that..

It was the arc that shaped the Spider-Man we now know in this title. It was the most drastic change in Spider-Man's character in the entire series. (Not to be confused with all of the stuff PETER has gone through since, there's been some difficult things he's had to endure.)

The Captain said:
dont get me wrong, there are other arcs that were written better, but this one is the most definitive....no denying that..

Sorry, but the reason I reckon it's the best is because it is the best written. Power and Responsibility, nor any arc to succeed Learning Curve was written as well. If Learning Curve was the quality USM had stayed at, I wouldn't have quit the bloody thing.

Latest posts

Back