Favorite Ultimate Story

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
What's your favorite ultimate storyline (from any Ultimate book)

I'd say 'Homeland Security' from Ultimates Vol. 1 (but 'Gods and Mosters' is shaping up to be my new fave).

I would have to say the Tomorrow People. I dont know why but I think it's the best one so far.

Ultimate Nightmare
All 3 Ultimates stories so far.

moonmaster said:
What's your favorite ultimate storyline (from any Ultimate book)

I'd say 'Homeland Security' from Ultimates Vol. 1 (but 'Gods and Mosters' is shaping up to be my new fave).

Yeah .... that ^

Well, this is a very difficult question to answer... Now, I usually don't pick favorites, however, if I had to narrow it down, I'd have to say that I liked the Spider-Man arc where Sam Bullet was running for office with the Bugle and the Kingpin backing him. The issue that topped that three parter off, "Heroes", was my favorite comic, even to this day. I just thought it was a fun read. :)

Goodwill said:
Well, this is a very difficult question to answer... Now, I usually don't pick favorites, however, if I had to narrow it down, I'd have to say that I liked the Spider-Man arc where Sam Bullet was running for office with the Bugle and the Kingpin backing him. The issue that topped that three parter off, "Heroes", was my favorite comic, even to this day. I just thought it was a fun read. :)

youre talking about cats and kings...and i believe the issue you meant is "hero" where spidey takes on the enforecers, saves jj jameson and gets his job back.

Can't name one, so:

Ultimate Spiderman's "Hero's," "Circles" (or whatever the return of the Green Goblin was called), "Irresponsible"

The second arc of the Ultimates

Ultimate X-men's issue 41

Probably the first arc of the Ultimates. Either that or 'Legacy' in Ultimate Spider-Man with the return of the goblin, mostly for the Nick Fury parts. I just really dig him. :p

Right now, I´m going with the Public Scrutiny arc from Ultimate Spider-man. I especially like the issue when he has got shot by the police, is getting chased and hides in a hospital. That issue was just so tense..

Also, the first Ultimates arc was outstanding.

Maybe to early to say, but the current Ultimates and Ultimate Spider-mans Hobgoblin arc are both shaping up very nice indeed.

Agreed. I think that these two arcs, USM and the U, are going to be held in a high regard after all is said and done.

Geez. I dunno.

I think, for USM, I'm going with Learning Curve. That's Bendis at his best. Histerical, tense, and well-plotted. No cheating, no nonsense, all brilliant. It was this trade that actually got me into the Ultimate universe. So, I love it.

For UXM, it's tough; but I think, over The Most Dangerous Game, I gotta go for The Tomorrow People. Very well done.

For UFF, I can't choose between Doom and the N-Zone. It's too early to tell for me.

The Ultimates... depending on how Gods and Monsters ends, it's either that or Super Human, the first six-issue arc.

As for the mini-series... Ultimate Daredevil & Elektra, Ultimate Elektra, Ultimate Team-Up, Ultimate Nightmare, Ultimate Secret, Ultimate War, and Ultimate Six - I want to go with the Shang Chi issue of Ultimate Team-up, which I loved - but I'm going with Ultimate Secret. One issue, and I'm already in love with Captain Mahr Vehl.

Overall? The Ultimates' "Super Human" arc does it for me.

I agree with Goodwill, probably my fav would be that Cats and Kings arc, just because it resonated so well to me. Plus the ending was very poignent.

I agree that it gave them human traits, but not that it was a rare feat. I've got ol' Lee and Romita comics that did it.

I'm not saying that it was done badly, on the contrary, it was done well and poignantly, but just that its not rare.

But yeah, it was two good moments.

Latest posts

Back