• The Hobgoblin

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Demogoblin

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Ultimate Green Goblin

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Ultimate Hobgoblin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ultimate Demogoblin (will this get any votes?)

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • The Green Goblin (Movie-Style)

• The New Goblin (Movie-Style)

• Total voters

Gothamite

I'm not going to bother listing the different characters who've been goblins over the years (because I'm bound to forget at least one). I'll just put in all the different types and you can elaborate.

I voted for comics' 616-Green Goblin as I'm sure most of you will. His suit used to be silly, but it kicks *** now. Norman as a character is just really appealing as well and in a lot of ways he's the ultimate supervillain. He's the Joker and Lex Luthor at the same time.

...and he's got a glider, which is just damn cool. Obviously the movie-glider from the first movie is coolest, though.

Last edited:
I voted for Ultimate Green Goblin. I just like that he physically turned into a goblin rather than it being a silly mask. The only things I didn't like about Ultimate GG was when he hulked-out and that he doesn't have a glider.

I gotta go with 616 Green Goblin. Do you mean Norman or Harry or both? I pick Norman. He's just ****in evil.

It says "type of goblin", not goblin, so just the title overall.

oh. My opinion stays the same then. Ultimate Green Goblin is a close second. Hulk GG doesn't bother me but the lack of a glider does a little bit.

I picked New Goblin (movie style!) because I think that, overall, his character arch in the movies is a very intrigueing and, ultimately, redemptive and fulfilling one. He was also involved in a very cool battle with Spidey.

On a side note, I hate 616 Green Goblin. Yes, he's evil, but he's behind far too much. There's a major event going on in Spider-Man's life? Green Goblin is behind it! EVERY SINGLE FREAKING TIME!!!!!!! Sorry about that, just felt like venting some pure hatred.

I dunno..... it's really close between 616 Goblin and Movie Goblin.

I can't choose. I'll pick Movie Goblin just because he'll probably get fewer votes. He's one of my very favourite movie villains ever, right near Scar, Jafar, Big Boy Caprice, Syndrome, and Biff Tannen.

As a kid who grew up on the J.M. DeMatteis written stuff on Spectacular Spider-Man, my heart's always with the 'Goblin Son', Harry Osborn, who for some reason is not in this poll.

He's the most 'incompetent' of all the Goblins ever --- being not much of a threat to the public at large --- but his personal connectedness to Peter was what made him really emotionally resonant.

I also liked how DeMatteis always wrote him as part of a larger life-story of Peter, MJ, Liz & everyone going from awkward high school kids to carefree college buds to completely psychologically damaged individuals.

Latest posts

Back