Film Club - Currently: Oldboy

Re: Film Club - Currently: Taxi Driver

Film #5:

tumblr_l477pzAl5f1qzla78o1_500.jpg

Oldboy (Park Chan-wook, 2003)
After being kidnapped and imprisoned for 15 years, Oh Dae-Su is released, only to find that he must find his captor in 5 days.

This film was chosen by J. Agamemnon. You can still comment on the previous films.

Last edited:
Oh my god, I am probably in the minority here, but I hated this film. The whole thing.

And add the incest angle to this whole thing, makes it ten times worse.

I ended up giving my copy away.

Oh my god, I am probably in the minority here, but I hated this film. The whole thing.

You don't like many films.

It is one of my favourites. Incredibly well made and the twist is heartbreaking. That poor guy.

You should have given it to me. I loved it b/c I'm obsessed with the concept of revenge. Something so minute as a lie becomes a catalyst for suicide and then an intricate quest for revenge. I loved it and I think the execution in the movie was perfect. The premise is a bit taboo, I'll admit, but the acting was great. I'd recommend the directors other works; Lady Vengeance and Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance

I'm so glad the Spielberg/Smith version isn't happening.

I didn't like it all that much, either. Maybe I need to give it a second viewing, though. There were parts of it I loved, like the hallway fight scene and, yes, the octopus scene. But yeah, that twist at the end... No. Yeah, no.

I thought it was decent the first time I saw it and a masterpiece after the second time.

Is everyone bored of this already?

I actually stopped doing it because Houde hated Oldboy.

He killed my enthusiasm for this entire thing. He's like Hitler.

Latest posts

Back