Final Fantasy VII

the first game i ever bought was FF 7, and the trailer is the intro to the game, expect with its not all squar looking ;) two words = "ME LIKE"

Goodwill said:
I've never played a Final Fantasy game... Is it ok to get into them this late in the franchise?
All Final Fantasy games (except Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2) is independent games as in the have nothing to do with each other in story, world or style (don't even think they are on the same planet) so you can start with VII and then play V to cantinue with X if you want.
So yes, you can get into them this late.

the summons, i've always loved the summons, just never buy eight....it was a worthless game.....but if you have a ps or a ps2 FF 7 is the best one to start out at...i think it now runs at about 10 bucks...

and one thing that EVERY game has (as far as i know have) are those yellow birds, called ??ch.........??

Last edited:
Ultimate Warrior said:
All Final Fantasy games (except Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2) is independent games as in the have nothing to do with each other in story, world or style (don't even think they are on the same planet) so you can start with VII and then play V to cantinue with X if you want.
So yes, you can get into them this late.
Actually FFXII will be based off of FFTactics Advanced.

Ugh, I hated X-2. It was retarded.

Yellow birds = Chocobo

FFVIII = Not bad if you play it and forget that it's a Final Fantasy game and just treat it as a whole new game.

FFXI is online. I don't consider it a true Final Fantasy.

FFXII is based on the same world as FFT, I think thats all thats been revealed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ultimate Warrior said:
Yellow birds = Chocobo

FFVIII = Not bad if you play it and forget that it's a Final Fantasy game and just treat it as a whole new game.

FFXI is online. I don't consider it a true Final Fantasy.

FFXII is based on the same world as FFT, I think thats all thats been revealed. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I liked FFXI. It was fun.

and yes FFXII is based off of FFTA (said before :p).

nigma said:
the summons, i've always loved the summons, just never buy eight....it was a worthless game.....but if you have a ps or a ps2 FF 7 is the best one to start out at...i think it now runs at about 10 bucks...

and one thing that EVERY game has (as far as i know have) are those yellow birds, called ??ch.........??

Ten bucks, huh? Ok, well, that means I'm pushing Kingdom Hearts back a bit. ;) Sounds good to me.

Final Fantasy VIII was my absolute fave. It had a solid storyline with solid characters that were likeable and real to the player.... I've heard the complaint that the gameplay wasnt as good as the others, but i'd rather a great story and okay gamplay rather than the other way around.... Im weird.

Aside from FFVIII the only other games that got me involved enough to play them all the way through were Oddworld: Abe's Exodus, Final Fantasy X (which i didn't really like that much), the two Legend of Zelda games for N64, and Katamari Damaci. I'm not really that much of a video game person...

...but I will defend Final Fantasy VIII with all my heart.

(PS - Squall is a hell of a lot hotter than Cloud OR Tidus, or -any- of the pixelated boys from earlier FF games)

FF8 is my favorite too. I thought the gameplay was pretty good. But FF10 is my favorite combat system.

Rikku's hotter that Squall anyday. :p

Also I never played FF1-FF7

FF8 - Was my favorite
FF9 - Was an awesome game
FF10 - Nothing was wrong with this game. Parts of the ending was sad.
FF10-2 - I thought this game was okay. The story lacked a little bit and could of used more cut scenes. I'll tried to get the perfect ending on my first try, but thier was one thing I couldn't do which was defeating the strongest bosses of the game at the bottom of the cloisters.So I played it though a second time and beat them and got 100% but still didn't get the perfect ending. I found out that you had to do 100& in one game and I didn't want to play it again. I've already spent 200+ hours on it. So I downloaded the perfect ending when I got my computer. Which was the dumbest thing I've seen in my life.
FF11- Never wanted to play
FFTatics - Started it once and didn't like it.
FFCrystal.. - Never played either. Was this any good?

Latest posts

Back