Finally...a continuity glitch explanation

Well, my question is - How can plants being destroyed change Reed's mind about going to the same college as Tony Stark? Actions aren't altered because of plants getting killed, are they?

Oh, don't take me wrong. I liked Ross' explination, I actually laughed out loud when I read it. Even Hammerhead's wasn't that bad. The only problem I had with Ross being alive was why didn't he take control of SHIELD again? I just think the T-Rex Effect isn't any more outrageous then those theroies.

Goodwill said:
Well, my question is - How can plants being destroyed change Reed's mind about going to the same college as Tony Stark? Actions aren't altered because of plants getting killed, are they?

It's not about him changing his mind. It's more an issue because in 1982 or whatever when Stark was in college, Reed was only 1 or 2 years old.

And the explanation for why the future would be altered if they killed a plant is explained in the issue. Did you read it?

they also brought "something" back with them, so when they return it to the right time, it corrects everything.....

Ok, that's buyable... The terrorists could've tampered with stuff before jumping all the way back to their set destination.

Yes, E, I read the issue. I didn't memorize what Reed said, however, so I'll go back and see what's up.

Goodwill said:
Yes, E, I read the issue. I didn't memorize what Reed said, however, so I'll go back and see what's up.

There is also a short story that deals with the same kinds of things, and I can't remember the name of it. I asked in a different thread, and I think it was Baxter who reminded me what it was.

man, reading this post is like reading an Omni article. Anyway, hasn't it been said the timeline snafus would be explained? They've been saying this for a year now I believe, so when's it supposed to happen?

As far as I'm concerned, I could care less at this point. It would be nice if it were explained, but it isn't gonna keep me up at night if it isn't.

You'd think the timeline master would have more to say on this subject, but, alas, I don't. Now, sit and contemplate my not-so-deep thoughts by Jack Handey.

DIrishB said:
As far as I'm concerned, I could care less at this point. It would be nice if it were explained, but it isn't gonna keep me up at night if it isn't.

*gasps in shock*

I was thinking about Time travel stories earlier...

WHy doesn't anyone ever write a story that involves two sides that work against each other that are both good.

This probably involves a different thread but whatever

Why not have the same main character battleing himself...A different timeline character saying to himself, "if you don't do this, I'll lose the one I love" while the opposing side is the same person from a different timeline loving someone else saying the same thing...

Do you get what I'm on about?

You can't choose sides because it's the same person!!

Like imagine if Scott Summers was the same two people but they were battleing the timeline to choose between Emma and Jean....

Good story I think and would have our heads spinning.

Shush MWF. That's the kind of thing I plan to do with my timeline story...

What if someone's time travel were already in the present?
Like if Ben punched that T-Rex were already part of Destiny, then it wouldn't create another reality neither change the one he came. Hm... is like in a movie that i saw that a guy made a time machine to prevent his girl from dying, but every time he got back and saved her, she died in another way, its destiny, if you **** up the past the repercussions would be there since you were born, you just wouldnt know...

You know, its easier to understand time travel if you have a six pack with ya :D

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
What if someone's time travel were already in the present?
Like if Ben punched that T-Rex were already part of Destiny, then it wouldn't create another reality neither change the one he came. Hm... is like in a movie that i saw that a guy made a time machine to prevent his girl from dying, but every time he got back and saved her, she died in another way, its destiny, if you **** up the past the repercussions would be there since you were born, you just wouldnt know...

You know, its easier to understand time travel if you have a six pack with ya :D

Guess what that movie is called...

The Time Machine. Original isn't it? Based off of the novel by H.G. Wells.

ProjectX2 said:
Guess what that movie is called...

The Time Machine. Original isn't it? Based off of the novel by H.G. Wells.

Wow. Couldnt thought in a coolest name than that!! It's simple, it's cool, it's The Time Machine!

Stop threadjacking my thread.

I'm sorry... You know what? I'm just gonna give you guys some space. Seriously, I'll just be a lurker for a while.

Latest posts

Back