Finally...a continuity glitch explanation

Originally posted by ManwithoutFear:
I don't think E did mean it as a joke. At least I didn't take it that way.

Then I guess we should change your name to ManwithoutHumor. And mine to Sarcastic Twit.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't think E did mean it as a joke. At least I didn't take it that way.

It was a joke. It's doable, but I wasn't being 100% serious.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I liked the idea and I guess just saw it as so plausible that I took it seriously.

The more I thought about it, I did too. :D

DIrishB said:
I REALLY hope this isn't the explanation for the continuity screw-ups. Not that it has to be some long, drawn-out explanation, but something a little more tangible would be nice.
Think about it!!! There's no way around it and E's idea is perfect. A way to alter reality without actually doing it. It's perfect. But Marvel won't ever do it and they'll leave us with garbage.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Think about it!!! There's no way around it and E's idea is perfect. A way to alter reality without actually doing it. It's perfect. But Marvel won't ever do it and they'll leave us with garbage.

It works, it definitly does, I'd just like to see something more concrete after all this time of Bendis and Millar telling us the issues would be resolved. Doesn't have to be a whole arc or even an issue, just some plausible and logical explanation. Moreso than just a T-Rex falling on a plant.

DIrishB said:
It works, it definitly does, I'd just like to see something more concrete after all this time of Bendis and Millar telling us the issues would be resolved. Doesn't have to be a whole arc or even an issue, just some plausible and logical explanation. Moreso than just a T-Rex falling on a plant.
Yes, even if it's just a throwaway line like how they explained Ross being alive, I'd be satisfied. Unless of course Marvel intends to pump it into a marketing point.

The Ray Bradbury story was titled The Sound of Thunder if I recall correctly. Basically, a company has set up big gamehunts in the past killing ancient animals shortly before they were going to die in teh regular timeline. They have levitating paths to keep the hunters from touching and messing with anything, but one guy who wants to hunt a T-Rex panics when he sees the thing, runs off the path and steps on a butterfly. When the group gets back to the present the hunt leader who was concerned about changes teh guy made notices several differences gets pissed off pulls out his shot gun and the last thing our intrepid hunter hears is the sound of thunder.... Sorry photographic memory... for certain things, nearly all useless.

Looks like E might have hit the nail on the head with this one,

From Millarworld in a thread asking about the continuity errors:
Mark Millar said:
As for the rest, well, here's why I had The Thing punch a dinosaur on a time-travel trip. Any of that ***** Bendis' mistakes in UMTU are just explained as a time glitch now. PERFECT! If anyone has a question, I just refer them to the opening pages of UFF 21.

MM

I really hoped it would be something more than that.

icemastertron said:
Hehe.

Sounds like he's joking, but oooooook.....

I don't think so. He keeps repeating it. I noticed this thread a few days ago.

Either I totally rule or Millar visits this site and won't admit it.

Latest posts

Back