Finally...a continuity glitch explanation

Pandrio said:
HAHAHA!!! Well now, how will you respond to that E?

He's bitter because no one is jumping to his aid in defending Card in the other threads.

I'm doing him a favor by not responding.

DIrishB said:
I just want to pat Hawkeye101 on the head and tell him it'll all be ok. I feel bad for always arguing with him on his theories.

I do too, especially since, for the most part, he's a good sport about it, and puts up with a lot of MwoF's ****. :p

UltimateE said:
I do too, especially since, for the most part, he's a good sport about it, and puts up with a lot of MwoF's ****. :p
I'm offended. I actually bonded with Hawkeye off the boards. I only argue with his science fiction theories in the ultimate titles so he learns and you guys don't think any less of him.

It's all out of love. He's even in my UC Fanfic when that comes around.

Last edited:
UltimateE said:
Your theory assumes a single timeline.

Well, as Reed states in the story, any alterations to the past affect the future. Thus, we can take this as Millar's way of telling us that the theory of "no alternate timelines" exists. Thus, nothing is predestined.

Just as in Terminator, whatever happens in the past directly affects the future (according to UFF).

I'm happy with this because, unlike the 616, we will only have ONE Ultimate Universe instead of a trillion alternate ones. I like to think that the UU is the latest universe, a young one built on its own Big Bang! Makes sense.

Nas-T!
"..."

Nas-T! said:
Well, as Reed states in the story, any alterations to the past affect the future. Thus, we can take this as Millar's way of telling us that the theory of "no alternate timelines" exists. Thus, nothing is predestined.

If there are multiple timelines, alterations to the past could and would still affect the future of a given timeline.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm offended. I actually bonded with Hawkeye off the boards. I only argue with his science fiction theories in the ultimate titles so he learns and you guys don't think any less of him.

It's all out of love. He's even in my UC Fanfic when that comes around.

You better make that clear to him because I think he's miffed at you a bit. He hasnt been around the boards in like 3 or 4 days. I think since he joined he's been on the site everyday. I'm actually a little worried.

UltimateE said:
If there are multiple timelines, alterations to the past could and would still affect the future of a given timeline.

Um...yeah. I didn't phrase what I wanted to say correctly. I didn't mean "no alternate timelines" AT ALL. I meant "no alternate timelines" spawning from alterations in the past of the main timeline. Do you understand me now?

Nas-T!
"..."

Nas-T! said:
I meant "no alternate timelines" spawning from alterations in the past of the main timeline.

I prefer it. It makes more sense.

Nas-T! said:
unlike the 616, we will only have ONE Ultimate Universe instead of a trillion alternate ones. I like to think that the UU is the latest universe, a young one built on its own Big Bang! Makes sense.

No it doesn't. We already know there's at least one alternate universe.

UltimateE said:
2 really. The N-zone is the universe beneath ours, occupying the same space. The Big Bang would have spawned both with different entropys. But that's a different matter.

UltimateE said:
I prefer it. It makes more sense.

Okay, I thought you'd understand that, when I originally "misphrased" my response I followed on with more nonsense. Get it? And the one alternate timeline isn't an alternate ultimate timeline.

So just chill. I'm not trying to impress anyone with my amazing knowledge of continuity or the understandings of the greater universal plain.
I mean, what do you want, a cookie!?

Nas-T! said:
Okay, I thought you'd understand that, when I originally "misphrased" my response I followed on with more nonsense. Get it? And the one alternate timeline isn't an alternate ultimate timeline.

So just chill. I'm not trying to impress anyone with my amazing knowledge of continuity or the understandings of the greater universal plain.
I'll take the cookie.

Nas-T! said:

You're really bad at telling jokes.

UltimateE said:
Your theory assumes a single timeline.
Well, he is basing it off the Terminator timeline, and the very paradoxical twisty history nature of Terminator is actually accepted as a canon. It is not considered a 'defective' timeline because it is irreconcilable, it IS SUPPOSED to be irreconcilable.

Not saying I agree with it, but if he intends to base it off of the Terminator timeline, I guess making ONE timeline that is strangely paradoxical and self-fulfilling is kind of the point.

ourchair said:
Well, he is basing it off the Terminator timeline, and the very paradoxical twisty history nature of Terminator is actually accepted as a canon. It is not considered a 'defective' timeline because it is irreconcilable, it IS SUPPOSED to be irreconcilable.

Not saying I agree with it, but if he intends to base it off of the Terminator timeline, I guess making ONE timeline that is strangely paradoxical and self-fulfilling is kind of the point.

I was using The Terminator timeline to explain the paradoxical nature of the UFF timeline proposed by E. He seems to think I'm disagreeing with him, but I'm not, I think his idea makes sense, I was just pointing something out.

Terminator does use a 'defective' timeline, which couldn't possibly really exist unless you accept the theory that alterations to the past create new alternate futures, which then neutralizes the initial assumption that changing the past changes the future.

Nas-T!
"..."

Latest posts

Back