Finally...a continuity glitch explanation

DIrishB said:
Exactly, and the UMTU #9 issue you're talking about was never meant to be a part of continuity anyway, it was a joke issue, doesn't have any bearing on the rest of the Ultimate universe. In other words, non-canonical.

And that, by the way, is coming stright from Bendis for anyone who didn't know.

Stop derailing my thread, you boobs.

This is to discuss how great my theory is.

UltimateE said:
Stop derailing my thread, you boobs.

This is to discuss how great my theory is.

Honestly, I really hope we get a bit more tangible an explanation for the continuity screw-ups. Not an over-the-top, unbelievably stupid explanation like Card's version of Iron Man's intelligence, but something which makes sense and addresses this issue. Doesn't need to go into a huge drawn-out explanation or anything, hell it could just be a random line of dialogue which wraps it all up. It needs to be done though, and if the Thing punching the dinosaur is the explanation...that sucks.

DIrishB said:
Honestly, I really hope we get a bit more tangible an explanation for the continuity screw-ups. Not an over-the-top, unbelievably stupid explanation like Card's version of Iron Man's intelligence, but something which makes sense and addresses this issue. Doesn't need to go into a huge drawn-out explanation or anything, hell it could just be a random line of dialogue which wraps it all up. It needs to be done though, and if the Thing punching the dinosaur is the explanation...that sucks.

There y'all go again about UIM. MAN! Does it ever end?

See, one thing i dont understand of UIM is what happens if you cut off Tony's head? His body is his brain so he would lose a part of his brain, but he would have more above his neck...so he could be still alive but in coma? My head hurts...

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
See, one thing i dont understand of UIM is what happens if you cut off Tony's head? His body is his brain so he would lose a part of his brain, but he would have more above his neck...so he could be still alive but in coma? My head hurts...

Well I guess so considering about half his brain body got charcoaled in this one. Kind of ruins the whole mortality issue of the character though.

Doc Comic said:
Oh crap. I just now saw UltimateE's sig. Sorry about that.

Are you kidding? I wish everyone would copy my sig. It's the best sig ever. I can share.

Ultimate Quicksilver said:

:lol: HA! I'd love to see someone wait outside Card's apartment with a camera crew and corner him and ask him this.

UltimateE said:
:lol: HA! I'd love to see someone wait outside Card's apartment with a camera crew and corner him and ask him this.
That's the best idea for an ambush-style documentary of the Michael Moore kind I've ever heard.

Someone do it, please.

UltimateE said:
Here, finally, is an explanation for the continuity glitches in the UU. You know, stuff like Reed attending college with Tony Stark, the UFF appearing before the Ultimates (quiet, Irish :D ), etc.

The culprit? Ben Grimm.

When the UFF went back in time and Reed told Ben not to step on any plants or anything because it would have ramifications throughout the rest of history, he was right. But Ben had already socked the T Rex.

It fell, plants were squashed, and history was altered.

I want a No-Prize.

:D

Except there's a paradox in your theory, much like the paradox in the first Terminator film. For those of you who haven't seen The Terminator (the original where Ah-Nuld was the bad guy) the paradox there works as follows:

In the future John Connor is an important general who leads the war against machine enemies. The Terminator (a sophisticated cyborg/android) is sent back in time to kill John Connor's mother Sarah before she even falls pregnant with him, thus erasing him from existence and ending the human resistance in the future.
Connor sends one of his young rebel guys (Kyle something or the other) back in time after the Terminator to protect his mother. While trapped in the past Kyle and Sarah shack up and conceive John! This means that John somehow sent his own father back in time in order to ensure his own conception.

Now the paradox in E's theory is this. Assuming we accept the original UU continuity with the older FF from UMTU as the original continuity, then that means that the "newer and younger" Ben Grimm that hit the T-Rex created himself or caused his own birth to be set back several years. Do you understand what I'm saying?

Nas-T!
"..."

Nas-T! said:
Now the paradox in E's theory is this. Assuming we accept the original UU continuity with the older FF from UMTU as the original continuity, then that means that the "newer and younger" Ben Grimm that hit the T-Rex created himself or caused his own birth to be set back several years. Do you understand what I'm saying?

Nas-T!
"..."

MY BRAIN! MY BRAIN! ME HURTING TO THINK!

Nas-T! said:
Except there's a paradox in your theory, much like the paradox in the first Terminator film. For those of you who haven't seen The Terminator (the original where Ah-Nuld was the bad guy) the paradox there works as follows:

In the future John Connor is an important general who leads the war against machine enemies. The Terminator (a sophisticated cyborg/android) is sent back in time to kill John Connor's mother Sarah before she even falls pregnant with him, thus erasing him from existence and ending the human resistance in the future.
Connor sends one of his young rebel guys (Kyle something or the other) back in time after the Terminator to protect his mother. While trapped in the past Kyle and Sarah shack up and conceive John! This means that John somehow sent his own father back in time in order to ensure his own conception.

Nas-T!
"..."

Your theory assumes a single timeline.

Latest posts

Back