Frank Miller's Sin City

TheManWithoutFear said:
The story that will also contribute to the new film? I believe it centers around Nancy and is supposed to show a "different side of her".

Yeah, Miller's writing a comic about Nancy avenging Marv, which is what the next movie's going to be about, as well, I think.

Haha, whoops. I was meaning to type Hartigan, but Marv was much shorter. :)

Actually, she'd be avenging both if she went after Rourke.

And, to be honest, that would pretty much wrap up Sin City's loose ends except for Wallenquist.

The Big Fat Kill

Not one of my favorites. I think it's because we jump right onto another Dwight story and I like the exploration of otherwise background characters in the other tales.

I loved how they changed Becky's fate in the movie though and I hope that's somewhere in the books.

That Yellow Bastard

John Hartigan is my idol. I want to be him when I grow up. Please don't tell me this is the only SC story with him in it. I would love for Miller to writer about his ventures prior to this story if he hasn't already.

The story itself was, you know, good. Seen it on the movie first (which I think I like watching movies before the books). But overall it was one of the best stories so far.

I'm gonna watch the unedited version of Sin City tonight since I've finally finished the books leading up to those stories.

I'm more excited to read fresh stories in
Family Values
Booze, Broads, & Bullets
Hell and Back

Especially if my favorite Sin City character is somewhere buried in them (The Salesman) :twisted:

Family Values is it. The best Sin City story.

At first I was a bit disappointed because I wanted to read about a new character but this story, although, shorter than the rest gripped me the entire time. I can't wait to see this on the big screen if it comes with II or III. I loved Vito's character and the whole killing of his own brother was just... wow. What a pathetic little coward. I found Peggy to be completely devouring. I dunno why, I hate girls like that and probably would've knocked the barstool from under her if I was Dwight. But he's a gentleman and it played off pretty well.

Loved it.

Hell and Back

Why?

I mean it was good but there was nothing familiar about anything and that just made it a tad boring when it came to Sin City mythos.

4/5

Oh well... collection complete.

... until the movie, where Miller will release the volume about Nancy avenging Hartigan. :?

Latest posts

Back