Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash!

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy

This past weekend, we spoke with Jeff Katz about his original treatment for Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash, which is being turned into a six-issue miniseries from Wildstorm and Dynamite. Katz clued us in on how the story got rolling in the first place. Now it's time to talk to the writer of the miniseries, James Kuhoric.

Newsarama: James, in terms of Ash, this is obviously the big time - arguably bigger even, than Marvel Zombies/Army of Darkness. Was this something you knew about as a possibility prior to this, or did you learn about this for the first time when the idea of doing the comic came up?

More on this here http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=125666

looked for a thread for this but didn't find one. You can bet your *** , I'll be buying this. Freddy vs Jason Vs Ash like a dream match that I have to read. If it is a big "cheap cash in" or whatever people may think for me been a fan of freddy and ash and some of jason I'm pretty damn looking forward to this.

I wished this was a movie.

Anyone read army of darkness from the ashes?

This is based on the movie treatment?
oh yeah thats right! new line actually wanted to make this. the script is floating around the internet somewhere

This is based on the movie treatment?
oh yeah thats right! new line actually wanted to make this. the script is floating around the internet somewhere

Yes but last I heard Sam Raimi thought the film would not do the charracter of "Ash" any justice in a film so stopped them using him in it.

So now we get it in comic form which still kicks ***

I'll pass...not interested in Freddy or Jason, and all the Army of Darkness/Ash comics have sucked harder than Clay Aiken. Seriously, James Kuhoric (the writer of this and the other AoD comics) just rehashes dialogue and situations from the movies in the worst ways possible. The AoD comics are honestly a painful read if you're a fan of the Evil Dead movies. I can't see how any true fan of the character can stand the comics. They blow. Sorry, its the truth.

My point is, I expect this series to be even worse.

I'll pass...not interested in Freddy or Jason, and all the Army of Darkness/Ash comics have sucked harder than Clay Aiken. Seriously, James Kuhoric (the writer of this and the other AoD comics) just rehashes dialogue and situations from the movies in the worst ways possible. The AoD comics are honestly a painful read if you're a fan of the Evil Dead movies. I can't see how any true fan of the character can stand the comics. They blow. Sorry, its the truth.

My point is, I expect this series to be even worse.

Its been weeks since ive seen you man.

But anywho i dunno i liked most of the AOD comics ive read(including the MZ/AOD) and i did like from the ashes one..

Its been weeks since ive seen you man.

Yeah, I only get online when I'm at my friend's or parent's house. Just moved into a new house a few months ago and haven't gotten around to getting internet there.

But anywho i dunno i liked most of the AOD comics ive read(including the MZ/AOD) and i did like from the ashes one..

I did enjoy the MZ vs. AoD crossover, it was funny, entertaining, and all around a lot of fun. However, the same can't be said about the other AoD comics by Dynamite. Like I said, they're terrible. Its like really bad fan fiction. I find it disrespectful to the Evil Dead and Army of Darkness movies, which I love.

Joe Kalicki said:
I might buy this is Layman was writing it, but DiB's right, Kuhoric is crap.

I'd give it a chance if Layman was writing it. Like I said, the MZ/AoD crossover was great. Unfortunately, Kuhoric is writing it, hence it will be crap.

This looks ****ing awesome. Like, ****ing pure awesomeness. However, since it's like the ultimate dream deathmatch, I'd much rather write it myself. It'd be much better if I could control the outcome. I would go all-out with the story.

Last edited:
Wasn't interested when they were talking about making it a movie and I'm still not interested in the comics. FREDDY VS JASON was a terrible film and the idea of adding Ash to the mix for no apparent reason other than to make a buck just isn't appealing. I've only read a couple of the AoD comics and they didn't do anything for me. All these dang crossover comics and movies between horror icons are, to be quite honest, silly. But whatever, I am a Liefeld fan so I don't really have much room to talk as far as quality goes.

I got this today along with the sequel "nightmare warriors" not read second one yet but I have read this today. I loved it. If you liked "freddy vs Jason" and liked "Evil dead" you'll love this. There is a lot of cool ideas in it and if this had been a film it would have blown the first one out the water. Everything works in this crossover. The whys the hows and it even has a lot of jokes about the different franchises.

Latest posts

Back